SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips: Check Expert’s Strategy to Crack Tier 2
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Preparation Tips
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for English
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Ability
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for General Studies (Finance and Economics)
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for Statistics
- Do’s and Don’t During SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips: 30 Days’ Study Plan
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips: Last 10 Days Plan for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2020
The SSC CGL Recruitment has begun, and the Tier 1 Exam is completed successfully. As the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam is scheduled to be conducted from 12-15 October 2020, candidates must begin their preparations well in advance. Check out the SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips by experts provided here to enhance preparations for all topics in the Tier 2 Exam.
- As per the SSC CGL 2020 Notification, the second stage of the exam includes 4 sections with 500 questions.
- In this post, candidates can get the subject-wise important topics and last-minute preparation tips for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam by experts. Know how to score more and achieve your goals.
- Following these SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation tips will help candidates to plan their preparation accordingly for the Exam.
- If you are looking to get the best result, then joining the best SSC CGL Tier 2 Online Coaching will help in clearing all stages of CGL.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips
Here is a video clipping from our team in which one of our CGL Faculty has explained the best strategies for cracking SSC CGL Tier 2 2020. If you are finding it difficult to prepare in the last 10 days, then go through the video and know the best last-minute SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation tips.
- Candidates can also go through the SSC CGL Tier 2 Infographic Preparation Tips in the below post.
- Candidates can also download Free SSC CGL Study Notes for various topics under each section which will help in scoring more in the upcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.
- Following the SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips will help candidates to enhance their preparation level and boost their confidence as well.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Preparation Tips
Here are a few SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation tips that each candidate must follow in order to reach their desired goal. Candidates qualified for Tier 2 after scoring more than SSC CGL Cut Off must kickstart their preparation for the Tier 2 Exam by implementing smart strategies in their preparation.
- Revise Important Topics: During the last few days left for the exam, ensure to revise all the topics again one by one. It is important to make revision notes while you begin your preparation initially so that there is enough time for revision.
- Practice More: During last-minute preparation, more than studying new topics, candidates must practice more and more problems. Practising more problems in quant will make you perfect and be exam ready. Practising also lets you know new methods for solving problems and correct your errors.
- Attempt Mock Tests: During your last-minute preparation, practice more and more Mock Test Series which gives you a real-time exam experience.
- Improve Speed and Accuracy: Taking up online mock tests will improve your speed and accuracy. Try to solve the questions in the given time and stick to the time limit.
- Solve Previous Year Papers: Solve more and more SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers which helps to know different types of questions and find ways to solve them.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for English
English is a subject that can prove to be a game-changer in most competitive exams especially SSC CGL where there is a separate paper of 200 marks in Tier 2 apart from the 50 marks allotted in tier 1. English Preparation is not that difficult as students perceive it to be. Therefore, we have brought the best English Preparation Tips for the candidates to ease their preparation.
- Firstly, candidates should keep a major check on their Grammar Preparation. As without Grammar fluency, there would be a lack of clarity in the understanding of concepts
- Secondly, learning 3 new vocabulary words every day can help candidates to improve their quality of English Language
- Moreover, do not forget to form sentences using the recently learned vocabulary words
- Also, take more and more SSC CGL English Quiz and Mock Tests sessions
- Furthermore, focus on Synonyms and Antonyms because they will be a huge help in the area of vocabulary as well.
SSC CGL English Important Topics
Before beginning the SSC CGL Tier 2 English Preparation, go through the important topics listed below and enhance your preparation.
|Spot the Error||Fill in the Blanks||Synonyms||Antonyms|
|Spelling/Detecting Misspelt Words||Idioms & Phrases||One Word Substitution||Improvement of Sentences|
|Active/Passive Voice of verbs||Conversion into Direct/Indirect Narration||Jumbled Paragraph||Sentence Rearrangement|
|Cloze Passage||Comprehension Passage||–||–|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Ability
Quantitative aptitude is one of the most important sections with regards to exam preparation for SSC CGL. One must give extra emphasis on SSC CGL Maths Preparation in order to score well in the examination. For more enhanced preparation, go through the Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips by experts to clear the Tier-2 exam.
- Start with the easiest topics as it will boost confidence.
- Do not get stuck in one type of problem, look for new types, and find quicker ways to solve the problem.
- Write down all the basic formulae and other important details related to these topics for convenience.
- To analyze your SSC CGL Maths preparation levels, it is suggested to attempt the SSC CGL Mock Test Series regularly.
- Do not try to solve problems from different books every time you start solving questions.
- Try to keep your resources limited and solve problems from the same book you learned basics from.
SSC CGL Quant Important Topics
Check out the important topics in SSC CGL Maths section.
|Number System/HCF/LCM||Percentage, Average||Time & Work, Pipe & Cistern||Profit & Loss, Discount|
|Ratio, Mixture & Alligation||Time Speed Distance, Boat & Stream Trains||Interest (CI & SI)||Geometry|
|Mensuration||Trigonometry, Height & Distance||DI||Algebra|
|Surds & Indices, Simplification||Partnership||Coordinate Geometry||Miscellaneous|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for General Studies (Finance and Economics)
This part is only for the applicants of the Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) post. It will test your knowledge of Finance and Economics. This paper is divided into two parts:
- Finance and accounts
- Economics and governance.
Go through the important SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation tips for general studies which help you with this part of the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam:
- Take help from the 10th,11th, and 12th class books to prepare the basics for these subjects.
- Read newspapers related to economics and business such as The Economist, The Economic Times, Business Standard.
- Practice previous year papers and mocks on a regular basis.
- Read facts from the government gazettes on economics.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips for Statistics
Statistics subject is only for candidates applied for the post of Statistical Investigator. Follow the simple SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Preparation Tips for statistics section provided below.
- Start preparing with books of 10th,11th, and 12th retain the basics.
- Previous years’ papers and test series will help you in scoring good marks in this part.
- Learn and prepare notes of important formulas.
Do’s and Don’t During SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
Check the SSC CGL Preparation Tips from experts to crack all the tiers of CGL in one attempt. Here are a few points to remember during the last minute SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation tips. Check them out and improve your preparation for the Tier 2 Exam.
- Do not waste time on chatting, texting, or using social media
- Do not get tensed while the exam nearing.
- Stay calm and be relaxed else you may forget things you have studied
- Do not study any new topic during the revision period as it is the time for revising the topics which you have read earlier.
- Solve more and more mock tests to know how much you are aware of each topic.
- Eat healthy food and get enough sleep the day before the exam.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips: 30 Days’ Study Plan
To ease your preparation, we have provided the topic-wise study plan for 30 days. Following this 30 days’ SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips would definitely help candidates to clear the exam in the first attempt. Let us have a look at the 30 days’ study plan and start your preparation accordingly.
|Day||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Studies (Economics & Finance)|
|Day 30||Simplification (Indices & surds)||Error recognition||Classification of Statistical Data||Accountancy|
|Day 29||Profit & Loss||Tenses & Verbs||Central Tendency||Business Organization|
|Day 28||Percentages||Preposition||Measure of Dispersion||Management|
|Day 27||Averages||Articles||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Microeconomics and Indian Economics|
|Day 26||Mixtures & Allegation||Vocabulary||Correlation & Regression||Company Law|
|Day 25||Number system||Spellings||Probability||Auditing & Income Tax|
|Day 24||Ratio & Proportion||Sentence completion||Probability Distribution||Cost Accounting|
|Day 23||Time and Distance||Vocabulary||Sampling Theory||Demand & Supply|
|Day 22||Time & Work||Reading Comprehension||Statistical Inference||Production Function|
|Day 21||Geometry||Reading Comprehension||Variance||Commodity Pricing|
|Day 20||Mensuration||Practice Previous Papers||Time Series Analysis||Factor Pricing|
|Day 19||Simple & Compound Interest||Practice Previous Papers||Index numbers||National Income|
|Day 18||Trigonometry||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 17||Sequence & Series||Reading Comprehension||Practice Previous Papers||Theory of Employment|
|Day 16||Practice Previous Papers||Reading Comprehension||Mock Test||Agricultural Sector|
|Day 15||Mock Test||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 14||Mock Test||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test|
|Day 13||Number System Revision||Mock Test||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 12||Mock Test||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test|
|Day 11||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test||Mock Test|
|Day 10||Geometry Revision||Vocabulary Revision & Practice||Full Revision||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 9||Mock Test||RC Revision||Practice Previous Papers||Revision|
|Day 8||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers||Revision|
|Day 7||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers||Full Revision||Practice Previous Papers|
|Day 6||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test|
|Day 5||Mock Test||Mock Test||Mock Test||Mock Test|
|Day 4||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test|
|Day 3||Practice Previous Papers||Mock Test||Mock Test||Practice Previous Papers|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips: Last 10 Days Plan for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2020
As there are 10 days left for the SCS CGL Exam, here is a brief time table that explains how to plan your preparation and what to study. Following our expert Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Tier-2 would definitely help clear your exam in the first attempt.
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of Alg, S & I, NS, Narration|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of Ratio, Percentage, Narration|
|Day – 3|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of A&M, Average, STD, Voice|
|Day – 4|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of T&W, L.C.M, H.C.F, Voice|
|Day – 5|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of mensuration, Para Jumbles|
|Day – 6|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of Mensuration, Cloze Test|
|Day – 7|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of Geometry, RC|
|Day – 8|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of Geometry, ED|
|Day – 9|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of Trigonometry, Sentence Improvement|
|Day – 10|
|Solve Mock Test and Analyse||Revision of DI, Fill in the blanks|
Share your thoughts/queries here!