SSC CGL Synonyms Questions Asked PDF Download 2020
Synonyms are one of the easiest topics in English subject. Here is the complete list of SSC CGL Synonyms Questions asked in the exam papers. Synonyms are one of the important topics in the English Language section in the SSC CGL Tier -Exam.
- For enhancing your preparation levels, study the from the Best English Books for SSC CGL 2020.
- To ease out your preparation, we have provided SSC CGL Important Synonyms for Combined Graduate Level Exam Tier-2 Exam 2020 here. These questions are compiled from many previous year papers to help with the candidate’s preparation.
- In this post, we have provided the Most Important Synonyms for SSC CGL that are important for the upcoming Tier 2 Exam.
- As the Tier-2 Exam is scheduled in the month of October, solving SSC CGL Mock Test Series is one of the best-suggested solutions to enhance your preparation levels.
SSC CGL Synonyms Questions
Synonyms are one of the important sections in the English section in SSC CGL Exams. There is a minimum of 5-6 synonyms questions appearing in every SSC CGL Exam.
- We have compiled all the Synonyms Questions which were asked in previous year SSC Exams.
- During preparation, refer SSC Study Notes prepared by experts to understand each topic in a better way.
- Candidates who are appearing for SSC CGL Exams must go through this PDF to be aware of different types of Synonym Questions.
- Download the PDF now to enhance your preparation for SSC CGL 2020.
- Also, solving the SSC Quiz regularly will help in preparing well for all the SSC Exams. These quizzes will help in knowing the difficulty level of the exam and estimate which type of question can be asked in the exam.
SSC CGL Synonyms Weightage
In various government exams like SSC, Railway, and Bank Exams, there are few questions from Synonyms topic in English subject. The below table explains the number of SSC CGL Synonyms asked in each tier of CGL. In order to answer all the synonyms asked in the exam correctly, studying from SSC CGL 2018 Synonyms Question Asked Download PDF will be of great help.
|Exam||No. of Synonym Questions|
|SSC CGL Tier 1||2-3|
|SCC CGL Tier 2||5|
SSC CGL Synonyms Questions Asked in Tier 2
Here, we have compiled all the Previous Year Synonyms For SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam. Preparing these questions would definitely help candidates to better score marks in this section.
|Damage||Loss, harm, injury.|
|Hazardous||Dangerous, risky, perilous.|
|Impertinent||Impudent, insolent, shameless.|
|Multitude||Mass, Assembly, Gathering|
|Quaint||Queer, odd, singular.|
|Ruck||Mass, Pile, Heap|
|Sacred||Holy, consecrated, pious.|
|Urbane||Polite, courteous, suave.|
Important SSC CGL Synonyms Questions 2020
Take up SSC CGL Online Coaching to learn all concepts with guidance from experienced faculties. Here is a list of important synonym questions appearing from Previous year papers. Take a look at the synonyms which appeared in previous years.
1. CONSTERNATIN – trepidation
2. NECROPOLIS – cemetery
3. KNACK – flair
4. SLEUTH – investigator
5. PERSUASION – certitude
6. COMPUNCTION – repentance
7. OBSTREPEROUS – squawking
8. EXORCISE – expel
9. ACCOST – address
10. SLAKE – sate
How to Prepare Synonyms
In order to practice SSC CGL English Synonyms, candidates should be aware of their existence. The first and foremost thing is that candidates have to read the newspaper daily and focus more on editorial sections to improve their vocabulary.
- Every time you come across a new word, you must look it up in the dictionary to make sure that the word is well understood.
- After knowing the meaning, make sentences of your own or use mnemonics to remember the new words.
- Find the opposite meaning of the same word because it will help enhance your knowledge and will add more words to your dictionary.
- Try to learn at least 20 new English words daily.
- Make shortcuts, tricks to make the learning of words easy, and try to use them in your daily life. It will improve your communication skills.
- Solve as many as SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers and that will help you score marks easily in the exam.
- Maintain a notebook to keep a record of all newly learned words.
- Practice Mock tests on synonyms and words with similar meanings on a daily basis.
- During the exam, candidates must examine each option carefully before choosing the correct one.
Most Commonly Asked Synonyms Questions in SSC CGL
Here is the list of few commonly asked SSC CGL Synonyms. Candidates are advised to practice these questions and be well prepared.
|Apocryphal||Fictitious, inaccurate, disputed, unauthorized, baseless, counterfeit|
|Cajole||Captivate, allure, attract, lure, tempt, win|
|Hermit||Solitary, recluse, caveman, ascetic, abstinent|
|Ersatz||Alternate, substitute, unnatural, artificial|
|Hyperbole||Exaggeration, overstatement, magnification|
|Parochial||Intolerant, narrow-minded, conservative, insular|
|Diabolic||Wicked, unholy, demonic, evil, devilish|
|Enigma||Riddle, secret, mystery, closed book, brain-teaser|
|Egalitarian||Democratic, uncensored, less,|
|Trepidation||Hesitation, fear, worry, apprehension, agitation|
Share your thoughts/queries here!