SSC CGL Syllabus 2019: Check SSC CGL Tier I,II,III & IV Syllabus
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2019
Staff Selection Commission has begun the SSC CGL Recruitment for filling up 9372 vacancies. As SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is concluded, now it is time for candidates to study for Tier 2. Go through the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus 2019 here for all stages of exam.
- The SSC CGL Result for Tier 1 is already released by the Staff Selection Commission board on August 20, 2019.
- Candidates who had appeared can check their score and know if they are shortlisted for the next stage of SSC CGL Exam.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2019
Here is the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4. Candidates who have successfully qualified Tier 1 exam can now begin their preparation for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.
- As SSC CGL is one of the highly competitive exams, the board has released the SSC CGL cut off marks for candidates to know who have qualified for the next stage of the exam.
- Go through the detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus here and plan your preparation accordingly.
- Before going through the SSC CGL syllabus, it is important for all candidates to be aware of SSC CGL Exam Pattern for all the stages of the exam.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
Here is the glimpse of Tier 2 syllabus. Go through the PDF provided below to know the detailed syllabus. Gear up your preparation for the upcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 exam which is conducted on September 11, 2019.
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
Download SSC CGL 2019 Syllabus PDF
SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus
SSC introduced this new concept in the year 2016 in which Tier 3 examination has the main focus on the writing skills of candidates. So, the candidate can choose the language himself/herself from Hindi/English. Hence, no other language option is there.
It is to be considered that the minimum qualifying marks for the Tier 3 exam are 33%. So, the SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 3 is a Descriptive Exam which will take place in an offline mode and consists of:
- Letter Writing
- Essay Writing
- Application Writing
- Precis Writing
So, some of the expected topics in SSC CGL Syllabus of Tier 3 Descriptive Paper are as follow:
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education, Equality, Women Empowerment, Right to Information, Social Evils, Corruption, Terrorism/Kashmir Issue, Indo-Pak Relations.
- Politics, Schemes & Governance Elections, Demonetization, Revolutions, and Agitations, Political deaths, GST, Appointments, Officeholders.
- Finance & Economy: Important Events in the Indian and global economy, Demonetization, RBI Rates, GDP Rates, etc.
- Environmental Concerns: Pollution, Overpopulation, Ecology
- Sports: Recent victories, tournaments, matches, Wins, retirements
- Geopolitics: Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, Syrian Refugee Crisis, Rohingya refugees, World Leaders,
- Technology: Digital payments, E-Wallets and UPI, Social Networks, etc
SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus
The SSC CGL Merit list is always based on Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 exam. Similarly, the candidates who have qualified in all four Tiers will be asked to take up the exam for Tier 4 of SSC CGL. Tier 4 is a Skill Test involving two tests.
- Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
Only those candidates who have opted the Tax Assistant Posts in Central Excise & Income Tax will sit in DEST. Hence, DEST will be tested at 2000 depressions per hour.
CPT is for those applicants who have applied for Assistant Section Officer Post in CSS only. Hence, candidates are supposed to appear for the Computer Proficiency Test to approve the selection and display their reassurance and comfort of computer usage.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence & reasoning||Quantitative aptitude||General awareness||English Comprehension|
|Analogies||Computation of whole numbers||General awareness of the environment||Fill in the Blanks|
|Similarities and differences||Decimals||Current events||Spellings|
|Space visualization||Fractions and relationships between numbers||History||Phrases and Idioms|
|Spatial orientation||Percentage, ratio & proportion||Culture||One word Substitution|
|Problem-solving||Square roots||Geography||Sentence Correction|
|Decision making||Profit and loss||Scientific Research|
Section-wise Important Questions and Answers
Here is the table that helps you with preparation for all the sections under SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Exam. Candidates can view or download these questions PDF to enhance their preparation.
|Section||Questions and Answers PDF|
|SSC CGL General Intelligence and Reasoning||View/Download|
|SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude||View/Download|
|SSC CGL General Awareness||View/Download|
SSC CGL Preparation Plan 2018-19
The examination of SSC CGL is going to take place in four different levels in terms of Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. The noteworthy point is that it will be the easiest exam to crack if you are planning to prepare it in the right away. So, the following are some tips the candidates may use to prepare for the SSC CGL Exam:
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- First of all, candidates must try to practice more and more previous question papers because they can give an idea of where they stand and how much they have to prepare more.
- Also, read the newspaper every day and be updated with the recent news.
- Moreover, practicing and performing more and more Quizzes can help the candidate take the preparation on a better level
- Firstly, candidates should keep a check on the grammatical flaws. Once they are solved accurately then move to the Vocabulary part.
- Secondly, learn 3 new vocab words every day. Moreover, write sentences using those words.
- Also, reading every day for 15 minutes can enhance the command on the English Language
- Initially, to enhance General awareness, candidates can study the basic topics of Science and SST
- Furthermore, reading current affairs can also help
- Also, candidates must perform GK Quizzes and learn more about Economics, History and other basics of other subjects every day
- Likewise, candidates can also try to read and enhance their knowledge of Politics
- Due to the difficulty level of the exam, it is a time-consuming part of the exam, So, keep a good grip on practicing as well as managing time
- Secondly, try to learn more and more shortcut tricks but candidates must learn to use them
- Also, performing 2-3 quizzes every day will be very helpful
SSC CGL Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Share your thoughts/queries here!