SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 | Download PDF Syllabus of CGL Tier 1, 2, 3, 4
Most of you must be searching for SSC CGL Syllabus to start your preparation, as SSC CGL 2018 notification has been released. As per the SSC 2018 Exam Calendar, the SSC CGL Tier I 2018 exam was earlier scheduled to be conducted from 25th July to 20th Aug 2018 but the new postponed date is yet to be published officially. Knowing syllabus is one of the crucial things that counts into preparation & makes the learning smooth and productive. So we bring for you detailed SSC CGL Syllabus that will boost your preparation.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
⇒ SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus 2018
To start with, SSC CGL Tier I comprises of following 4 subjects:
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
In case you are still not aware of the exam pattern for SSC CGL Examination. You can read our detailed article on SSC CGL Exam Pattern.
|Subject||SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus||Previous Years Papers|
|Classification, Analogy, Codding-Decoding, Puzzle, Matrix, Word formation, Venn Diagram, Direction and Distance, Blood Relation, Series, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Problem Solving, Word Building, Space Orientation, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence||Practice
|General Awareness||Static General Knowledge, Science, Current Affairs, Sports, Books and Authors, Important Schemes, Portfolios, People in News|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Interest, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Problem on Ages, Speed Distance and Time, Number System, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Square Roots, Profit & Loss, Discount, Histogram, Graphs|
|English Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings, Phrases and Idioms, One-word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting.|
Watch this video to get more insight into SSC CGL Syllabus: Explained by Ronit Sir (Cleared SSC CGL twice)
Do not miss checking most useful books for preparing SSC CGL 2018 exam
⇒ SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus
The Paper I will contain questions of the 10th Standard level and Paper 2 will have questions of 12th Standard. Whereas Paper 3 and 4 will have graduation level questions. You have to clear cut off of all the paper then only you will be called for the next stage.
|Subject||SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Interest, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Speed, Distance and Time, Number System, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Sufficiency, Square Roots, Profit & Loss, Histogram, Graphs|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Spelling, Fill in the Blanks, Phrases and Idioms, One Word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Cloze Test
Para Jumbles, Synonyms-Antonyms, Active-Passive Voice, Spot the Error, Synonyms/Antonyms, Indirect/Direct Speech
|Statistics important topics||Collection and Representation of Data, Measure of Dispersion, Measure of Central Tendency, Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Random Variables, Random Variables, Sampling Theory, Analysis of Variance, Time Series Analysis, Index Number, Statistical Inference,|
|General Awareness||Finance and Accounting, Fundamental Principles, Financial Accounting, Basic Concepts of Accounting, Self-Balancing Ledger, Error Spotting and Correction, Economics and Governance, Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Finance Commission, Theory of Demand and Supply, Basic concepts of Economics and Introduction to Microeconomics, Theory of Production and Cost, Forms of market and price determination, Indian economy, economic reforms, money and banking, role of IT in governance|
⇒SSC CGL Tier III Syllabus
The SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 3 descriptive paper consist of:
- Letter Writing
- Precis Writing
- Application Writing
- Essay Writing
You must be well updated on Social issues and current affairs. Some expected topics in SSC CGL Descriptive Paper are as follow:
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education, Equality, Women Empowerment, Right to Information, Social Evils, Corruption, Terrorism/Kashmir Issue, Indo-Pak Relations.
- Politics, Schemes & Governance Elections, Demonetization, Revolutions, and Agitations, Political deaths, GST, Appointments, Officeholders.
- Finance & Economy: Important Events in the Indian and global economy, Demonetization, RBI Rates, GDP Rates etc.
- Environmental Concerns: Pollution, Overpopulation, Ecology
- Sports: Recent victories, tournaments, matches, Wins, retirements
- Geopolitics: Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, Syrian Refugee Crisis, Rohingya refugees, World Leaders,
- Technology: Digital payments, E-Wallets and UPI, Social Networks etc.
⇒ SSC CGL Tier IV Syllabus
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): If you have applied for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), then you will have to give DEST examination. This will test your typing speed. You will be given an English article and you have to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): This exam tests your proficient in Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
ALL THE BEST!!!!
Stay Tuned for more updates regarding SSC CGL. In case you have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!