SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 with Exam Pattern | Download PDF of CGL Tier 1, 2, 3, 4
Most of you must be searching for SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern to start your preparation, as SSC CGL 2018 exam dates are announced now. As per the latest SSC 2018 Exam Calendar, the SSC CGL Tier I 2018 exam will conduct from 25th July to 20th Aug 2018. Knowing syllabus is one of the crucial thing that counts into preparation & makes the learning smooth and productive. So we bring for you detailed SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern that will guide you for SSC CGL 2018 exam.
- Complete SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
- SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern – Overview
- SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 1 2018
- SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 2 2018
- SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 3
- SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 4
Complete SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
The SSC CGL 2018 notification is expected to be released on 21st April 2018. As the competition is increasing day by day, therefore you must know the SSC CGL Syllabus throughly & strategize your preparation accordingly.
Before going to the details of SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus, lets have a look at SSC CGL exam pattern:
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern – Overview
SSC CGL Exam consist of 4 stages as shown below. If you clear the Tier I cut off, then only you will be eligible to sit for SSC CGL Tier II Exam. The final merit list is prepared by adding the marks of all the Tiers. Therefore, you should aim for higher score. However don’t neglect the negative marking in exam.
|Tier I||Multiple choice questions||Online|
|Tier II||Multiple Choice Questions||Online|
|Tier III||Descriptive paper in English and Hindi||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Tier IV||Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency||Wherever applicable|
SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 1 2018
The SSC CGL Tier I exam is mandatory for all the posts. There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer.
⇒ SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||Composite of 60 Minutes
(80 minutes for students
suffering from disabilities
like Visual Handicap
and Cerebral Palsy)
Here is the link of most useful books for preparing SSC CGL 2018 exam:
⇒ SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus 2018
SSC CGL Tier I comprises of following 4 subjects:
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
|Subject||SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus||Previous Years Papers|
|Classification, Analogy, Codding-Decoding, Puzzle, Matrix, Word formation, Venn Diagram, Direction and Distance, Blood Relation, Series, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning||Practice
|General Awareness||Static General Knowledge, Science, Current Affairs, Sports, Books and Authors, Important Schemes, Portfolios, People in News|
|Quantitative aptitude||Simplification, Interest, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Problem on Ages, Speed Distance and Time, Number System, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry|
|English Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings, Phrases and Idioms, One-word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting.|
Watch this video to get more insight of SSC CGL Syllabus: Explained by Ronit Sir (Cleared SSC CGL twice)
SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 2 2018
SSC CGL Mains or Tier 2 exam is an objective multiple choice exam & took place in online mode.
⇒ SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Marks||Negative Marking
|Paper I – Quantitative
|100 Qs||200 Marks||0.50 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper II – English Language
|200 Qs||200 Marks||0.25 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper III – Statistics||100 Qs||200 Marks||0.50 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper IV – General Studies
(Finance and Economics)
|100 Qs||200 Marks||0.50 Marks||2 Hours|
⇒ SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus
The Paper I will contain questions of 10th Standard level and Paper 2 will have questions of 12th Standard. Whereas Paper 3 and 4 will have graduation level questions. You have to clear cut off of all the paper then only you will be called for next stage.
|Subject||SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Interest, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Speed, Distance and Time, Number System, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Sufficiency|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Spelling, Fill in the Blanks, Phrases and Idioms, One Word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Cloze Test
Para Jumbles, Synonyms-Antonyms, Active-Passive Voice
|Statistics important topics||Collection and Representation of Data, Measure of Dispersion, Measure of Central Tendency, Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Random Variables, Random Variables, Sampling Theory, Analysis and Variance, Time Series Analysis, Index Number|
|General Awareness||Finance and Accounting, Fundamental Principles, Financial Accounting, Basic Concepts of Accounting, Self-Balancing Ledger, Error Spotting and Correction, Economics and Governance, Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Finance Commission, Theory of Demand and Supply|
SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 3
SSC CGL Tier III is a descriptive paper and will test the communication skills. This exam is only applicable for the students who have applied for the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade II” & “Compiler”.
⇒ SSC CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|Pen & Paper||Descriptive paper in Hindi/English
(Essay & Letter Writing)
|100||60 Minutes (80 minutes
for students suffering
like Visual Handicap
& Cerebral Palsy)
⇒ SSC CGL Tier III Syllabus
The SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 3 descriptive paper consist of:
- Letter Writing
- Precis Writing
- Application Writing
- Essay Writing
You must be well updated on Social issues and current affairs. Some expected topics in SSC CGL Descriptive Paper are as follow:
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education, Equality, Women Empowerment, Right to Information, Social Evils, Corruption, Terrorism/Kashmir Issue, Indo-Pak Relations.
- Politics, Schemes & Governance Elections, Demonetization, Revolutions and Agitations, Political deaths, GST, Appointments, Officeholders.
- Finance & Economy: Important Events in the Indian and global economy, Demonetization, RBI Rates, GDP Rates etc.
- Environmental Concerns: Pollution, Overpopulation, Ecology
- Sports: Recent victories, tournaments, matches, Wins, retirements
- Geopolitics: Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, Syrian Refugee Crisis, Rohingya refugees, World Leaders,
- Technology: Digital payments, E-Wallets and UPI, Social Networks etc.
SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Tier 4
The SSC CGL Tier IV exam consists of Data Entry Skill & Computer Proficiency Test. This exam is qualifying in nature. The SSC CGL Tier IV stage is only for selected posts like TA (Tax Assistant), CSS, MEA and Inspector.
⇒ SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Pattern
This exam is qualifying in nature. You have to complete following tasks:
- Word Processing Test on MS Word: 2000 Key Depressions
- Test in Microsoft Excel or Spreadsheets: 15 minutes
- Test in Microsoft Power Point: 15 minutes
⇒ SSC CGL Tier IV Syllabus
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): If you have applied for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), then you will have to give DEST examination. This will test your typing speed. You will be given an English article and you have to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): This exam test your proficient in Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
ALL THE BEST!!!!
Stay Tuned for more updates regarding SSC CGL. In case you have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!