SSC CGL Selection Process: Document Verification for 2017 from June 16
As per the SSC CGL Selection Process, the exam is divided into 4 stages namely Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 (optional).
- All the stages in the exam are qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who qualify Tier 1 qualify for Tier 2. However, the SSC CGL Result for each stage is announced separately
- Tier 1 is the basic level online recruitment exam. It has been scheduled for June 04- June 13, 2019. Read SSC CGL Exam Analysis
- The final stage of all qualifying candidates is the document verification for the selected post.
- The final merit list for SSC CGL is prepared considering the cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Tier 4 is optional and a mandatory exam for candidates applying for CSS/MEA/Tax Assistant posts.
Latest News: The candidates who have been called for Document Verification must visit the SSC Building, CGL Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi from June 15 – June 19, 2019. The students shall not forget to carry their duly filled “Post Preference” form attached herewith at the time of verification of documents.
SSC CGL Document Verification
SSC CGL 2017 Result (Tier 3) was announced on May 09, 2019. Candidates qualifying this stage shall appear for the Skill Test/ Document Verification.
SSC CGL Document Verification date has been mentioned to be June 16, 2019. Given below is the list of documents required for the document verification process:
- SSC CGL Admit Card
- Matriculation Certificate (10th) in support of Date of Birth (Date of Birth certificate issued by Principal/ Head Master is not Valid) (School Leaving Certificate will not be accepted as DoB Proof)
- Education Certificate in Support of educational qualifications (Provisional Certificate will be deemed Valid)
- ST/SC/OBC (Category Certificate ) (Govt. of India Prescribed Format Only)
- Disability Certificate (Govt. of India Prescribed Format Only)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate), in Case of Govt. Employee
- Discharge Certificate (for Ex. Servicemen)
- A Duly filled Post Preference Option form
- Original Id Proof
- Passport Size Photographs
- Photocopies of all above mentioned Certificates/Documents (2 sets) (Self Attested)
Instructions for SSC CGL DV (Document Verification)
Given are the important instructions to be followed for SSC CGL 2017 DV:
- Candidates must carry their valid photo along with the original ID Proof. Make sure the original copies of certificates/documents are carried for the document verification and CPT/DEST.
- Applicants have to carry the two sheets of the Documents Verification bearing Photo (In Original), given at the time of Document Verification by the Commission. It is a mandate at the time of CPT/DEST without which candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Test.
- SSC CGL Admit Card (original) is a mandatory document along with original and photocopies for all required documents for proof of date of birth, graduation (with degree certificate/all three years’ marks sheet, OBC/SC/ST category etc.
While appearing for the Document Verification following notes should be kept in mind:
- Matriculation/High School/High Secondary School/equivalent certificate, issued by the State/Central Education Board showing your date of birth (in Christian Era) will be accepted. Birth certificate issued by the Principal/Headmaster of the School/Institution where you studied or Date of Birth recorded on mark sheet will not be accepted.
- You may please note that you should fulfill and possess Educational Qualification (EQ) on or before 01.08.2016 mentioned above and bring original marks sheets along with their photocopies of all the years /semester of Graduation.
- You should bring the Caste certificate in case of OBC/SC/ST candidate and central Govt. Civilian Employee certificate and NOC in case of candidate availing age relaxation under CGCE, Discharge certificate in case of Ex-servicemen candidates, OH/HH/VH certificate in prescribed format in case of Physically Handicapped category, duly self-attested for verification and four (04) passport size photographs along with ID proof (Voter card/Identity card issued by the college etc.) at the time of Document Verification/Skill Test. Ex-Serviceman must have been discharged on or before the date mentioned in the Notice of Examination.
- On actual verification from the Original documents, if you are not found fulfilling Educational qualification (EQ) or any other eligibility criterion as per Notice of Exam, you will not be allowed to attend the Skill Test. You must reach the venue of Skill Test before the reporting time. No change in date/venue of Skill test shall be allowed under any circumstances.
- Inclusion of any candidate in any of the list of the post for which he/she has not opted will not confer any right on his / her consideration for any post which he/she had not exercised option.
- Exemption from DEST for PH candidates is subject to Govt. Policy in this regard.
- Carry additional passport size photographs (8-10) and photocopies of all the required documents. Make sure they’re self-attested for verification.
SSC Selection Procedure 2018- 19 Highlights
|Name of the organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the posts||Combined Graduate Level (CGL)|
|Category||Central Government Jobs|
SSC CGL Selection Process 2018-19 (Detailed)
According to the guidelines of SSC CGL Selection Process 2018-19, selection of candidates will be solely based on candidate’s performance in all the rounds. The complete SSC CGL Selection Process has the following stages-
- Online Examination – Tier I
- Online Examination – Tier II
- Descriptive Test – Tier III
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) – Tier IV
|Tier I||Multiple choice questions||Online|
|Tier II||Multiple Choice Questions||Online|
|Tier III||Descriptive paper in English and Hindi||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Tier IV||Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency||Wherever applicable|
SSC CGL Tier 1 (Stage 1)
All the candidates who have registered for SSC CGL 2018 needs to appear for online examination which is conducted by the SSC. The exam will be of 200 marks and questions will be MCQ. Candidates who will qualify in the tier 1 will be shortlisted for tier 2.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||Composite of 60 Minutes
(80 minutes for students
suffering from disabilities
like Visual Handicap
and Cerebral Palsy)
SSC CGL Tier II (Stage 2)
Candidates who will qualify in Tier I will be eligible for Tier II (examination). The exam will have 4 papers for 800 marks.
Paper I and paper II will be common for all the posts. Paper III is only for the candidates who have applied for Junior Statistical posts.
The paper IV is for candidates who have applied for Assistant Auditor Officer (AAO) Posts.
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Marks||Negative Marking
|Paper I – Quantitative
|100 Qs||200 Marks||0.50 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper II – English Language
|200 Qs||200 Marks||0.25 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper III – Statistics||100 Qs||200 Marks||0.50 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper IV – General Studies
(Finance and Economics)
|100 Qs||200 Marks||0.50 Marks||2 Hours|
SSC CGL Tier III
The candidates who will qualify in tier I and tier II will qualify for tier III. Tier III will be a descriptive test. The test will be conducted for 100 marks and the qualifying marks will be 33%.
|Mode of Exam||Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|Pen & Paper||Descriptive paper in Hindi/English
(Essay & Letter Writing)
|100||60 Minutes (80 minutes
for students suffering
like Visual Handicap
& Cerebral Palsy)
SSC CGL Tier IV
Candidates who will qualify in Tier 1, 2 and 3 will be eligible for Tier I. Tier 4 will be a computer proficiency test or data entry skill test.
SSC CGL Selection Process (Final Stage):
The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. Recruitment will be based on the candidates marks, rank achieved and their post preferences.
Candidates have to fill the option form and carry the same to the allocated document verification center.
The final stage is followed up by the training and then the joining date is assigned to the candidate to their qualified post.
Share your thoughts/queries here!