SSC CGL Selection Process 2021
- SSC CGL Selection Process 2021
SSC CGL is one of the prestigious posts in the central government department as it offers a handsome salary and a satisfying job profile. If you are a CGL aspirant, then knowing the detailed SSC CGL Selection Process 2021 will help in proper planning for preparation.
- The selection process of the candidate involves four stages: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tiet 4. All four stages are qualifying in nature.
- As per the SSC CGL Vacancy List 2021, the commission has released 8582 tentative vacancies for a total of 34 posts.
- Candiadtes who were qualified in Tier 1 exam will be eligible to appear for the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL.
- The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is conducted in online mode. Tier 2 has four sections: Quantitative Abilities, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies having 100, 200, 100, and 100 questions respectively.
- Candidates scoring the above SSC CGL Cut Off in Tier 2 exam will be eligible to appear for the next stage of the selection process i.e., Tier 3.
- Candidates must note that the final Merit will be prepared based on cumulative marks scored by candidates in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.
SSC CGL Selection Process 2021
Based on the SSC CGL Notification we have explained the current selection process in detail. Go through the stage-wise Selection Process of the SSC CGL in this post. Based on the performance in Tier 1, 2, & 3, candidates will be shortlisted for Tier 4 i.e., Document Verification & Skill Test.
- Candidates who clear the Tier 1 exam are eligible for both the Tier 2 & Tier 3 exam as per the latest Selection Process of SSC CGL. But, candidates who get qualified in Tier 1 & Tier 2 with aggregate performance, will be shortlisted for evaluation of Tier 3 Exam.
- As per the SSC CGL Job Profile, selected candidates will be assigned roles and responsibilities under various departments and posts.
- Candidates can also go through the SSC CGL Selection Process In Hindi from the official website.
SSC CGL Recruitment Process 2021 Highlights
|Name of the organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the posts||Combined Graduate Level (CGL)|
|Category||Central Government Jobs|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam||March 3-9, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam||November 02-05, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam||November 11, 2020|
Stages of SSC CGL Selection Process 2021
There are four stages includes in SSC CGL Selection Process
- Tier 1: Computer Based Examination (CBE) (concluded on March 9, 2020)
- Tier 2: Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- Tier 3: Descriptive Exam
- Tier 4: Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/Skill Test/ Document Verification (DV)
SSC CGL Tier 2 Selection Process
The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is also a computer-based exam. Candidates qualifying Tier 1 above the cut off marks are eligible for Tier 2 and 3. But, if candidates score more than the cut off marks in Tier 2, then they will be shortlisted for evaluation of the Tier 3 Exam.
- Candidates must be aware of the SSC CGL Tier-2 Syllabus to score good marks in the exam.
- In SSC CGL Stage 2 Exam, there are four papers: Quantitative Abilities, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies.
- Paper 1 & 2 i.e., Quant & English are compulsory for all posts while Paper 3 & 4 depends on the post obtained by candidates.
- English paper has a total of 200 questions while the remaining papers include 100 questions.
- Each section is evaluated for 200 marks.
- Candidates must also remember that there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in English Paper while 0.50 marks for the remaining three papers.
|Paper 1: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes for each paper (2 hours 40 minutes who are allowed to use scribe)|
|Paper 2: English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper 3: Statistics||100||200|
|Paper 4: General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
SSC CGL Tier 3 Selection Process
As per the SSC CGL Income Tax Inspector Selection process, based on candidate performance in Tier 1 & 2, candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of the Tier 3 Exam. The SSC CGL Stage 3 Exam is conducted in offline mode i.e., in pen and paper mode.
- The exam in Tier 3 has to be written in English or Hindi.
- The SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive paper includes writing an essay/precis/Letter/applications, etc.
- This section is evaluated for 100 marks.
- It is also important for candidates to score above the cut off marks to get shortlisted for the next stage of Recruitment.
- The total time duration for this stage is 60 minutes.
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of Exam||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in Hindi or English||100||60 Minutes (1 hour 20 minutes for candidates who are allowed to use Scribe)|
SSC CGL Tier 4 Selection Process 2021
Based on the candidate’s performance in Tier 1, 2, & 3, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification and Skill Test. Check out the detailed SSC CGL AAO Selection Process for tier 4.
- The skill test includes Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
- SSC CGL Stage 4 Skill Test is mandatory but they are qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who do not appear for Skill Test or do not qualify the skill test, they will not be eligible for the posts which have skill test as mandatory.
The SSC CGL 2021 Tier 4 will be held in the month of September. Here is the list of documents required for the document verification process:
- SSC CGL Admit Card
- Matriculation Certificate (10th) in support of Date of Birth (Date of Birth certificate issued by Principal/ Head Master is not Valid) (School Leaving Certificate will not be accepted as DoB Proof)
- Education Certificate in Support of educational qualifications (Provisional Certificate will be deemed Valid)
- ST/SC/OBC (Category Certificate ) (Govt. of India Prescribed Format Only)
- Disability Certificate (Govt. of India Prescribed Format Only)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate), in case of Govt. Employee
- Discharge Certificate (for Ex. Servicemen)
- A Duly filled Post Preference Option form
- Original Id Proof
- Passport Size Photographs
- Photocopies of all above-mentioned Certificates/Documents (2 sets) (Self Attested)
SSC CGL DV (Document Verification)
SSC CGL 2017 DV(Document Verification) is an important part of the SSC Combined Graduate Level Selection Process. Check the important instructions to be followed for SSC CGL 2017 DV:
- Candidates must carry their valid photos along with the original ID Proof. Make sure the original copies of certificates/documents are carried for the document verification and CPT/DEST.
- Applicants have to carry the two sheets of the Documents Verification bearing Photo (In Original), given at the time of Document Verification by the Commission. It is a mandate at the time of CPT/DEST without which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Test.
- SSC CGL Admit Card (original) is a mandatory document along with original and photocopies for all required documents for proof of date of birth, graduation (with degree certificate/all three years’ marks sheet, OBC/SC/ST category, etc.
While appearing for the Document Verification following notes should be kept in mind:
- Matriculation/High School/High Secondary School/equivalent certificate, issued by the State/Central Education Board showing your date of birth (in the Christian Era) will be accepted. Birth certificate issued by the Principal/Headmaster of the School/Institution where you studied or Date of Birth recorded in the mark sheet will not be accepted.
- You may please note that you should fulfill and possess Educational Qualification (EQ) on or before 01.08.2016 mentioned above and bring original marks sheets along with their photocopies of all the years /semester of Graduation.
- You should bring the Caste certificate in case of OBC/SC/ST candidate and central Govt. Civilian Employee certificate and NOC in case of candidate availing age relaxation under CGCE, Discharge certificate in case of Ex-servicemen candidates, OH/HH/VH certificate in the prescribed format in case of Physically Handicapped category, duly self-attested for verification and four (04) passport size photographs along with ID proof (Voter card/Identity card issued by the college etc.) at the time of Document Verification/Skill Test. Ex-Serviceman must have been discharged on or before the date mentioned in the Notice of Examination.
- On actual verification from the original documents, if you are not found fulfilling Educational qualification (EQ) or any other eligibility criterion as per Notice of Exam, you will not be allowed to attend the Skill Test. You must reach the venue of the Skill Test before the reporting time. No change in date/venue of the Skill test shall be allowed under any circumstances.
- Inclusion of any candidate in any of the list of the post for which he/she has not opted will not confer any right on his / her consideration for any post which he/she had not exercised the option.
- Exemption from DEST for PH candidates is subject to Govt. Policy in this regard.
- Carry additional passport size photographs (8-10) and photocopies of all the required documents. Make sure they’re self-attested for verification.
The final stage is followed up by the training and then the joining date is assigned to the candidate to their qualified post.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Selection Process 2021
As per the current CGL Notification, candidates qualifying Tier 1 will be eligible for both Tier 2 and Tier 3. Tier 1 consists of four sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Each section consists of 25 objective type, multiple choice questions for 2 marks each.
- The total number of questions in SSC CGL Tier 1 is 100 questions for a total of 200 marks.
- Candidates are given 60 minutes to complete the entire online exam.
- Candidates must also note that there is a negative marking of 050 marks for each wrong answer. Begin your preparation well in advance for the Tier 1 Exam by following Experts SSC CGL Preparation Tips.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes (1 hour 20 minutes for candidates who are allowed to use Scribe)|
SSC CGL Selection Process FAQs
Q) What is CGL Selection Process for 2021?
The Selection Process for SSC CGL involves four stages: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, & Tier 4. Candidates qualifying all these four stages will be eligible to receive an appointment for their desired post. Tier 1 and Tier 2 are computer Based Exams, Tier 3 is descriptive in nature and Tier 4 exam is a Computer Proficiency Test.
Q) Is there any Interview in Selection Process of SSC CGL 2021?
The CGL Selection Process duration is long and time-consuming. The complete Selection Process takes around a year to complete. No, there’s is no Interview stage in SSC CGL Exam. Candidates will be selected based on the marks scored in Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, & Tier 4 exams.
Q) How is the SSC CGL Cut Off marks decided?
As per the notification, the SSC CGL Cut Off marks are decided based on various factors like
- Maximum marks secured in the exam
- Total number of applicants appeared for the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The number of qualified candidates
- The number of vacancies
- Previous Year cut off marks
Q)Is SSC CGL Tier 3 compulsory?
Yes, SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam is compulsory for all posts. Tier 3 Exam is descriptive in nature and is mandatory to go to the next stage of selection. The candidates who clear the Tier 3 of the exam will only be allowed to sit for the Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test.
Q) Can I Crack the SSC CGL Exam in three months?
Yes. You can crack SSC CGL in 3 months if you follow proper study plan and expert preparation tips. Consistent hard work and regular revisions can help you clear the exam even in a small span of 3 months. Candidates need to solve SSC CGL Mock Tests and go through SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers for effective results.
Q) How many attempts are there in SSC CGL?
There is no such limited number of attempts for SSC CGL. However, if candidates satisfying the eligibility, can take up SSC CGL Exam how many ever times they wish to. It is important for candidates to check the age limit before filling the SSC CGL Application form.
Share your thoughts/queries here!