SSC CGL Selection Process 2020
- SSC CGL Selection Process 2020
- SSC CGL Recruitment Process 2020 Highlights
- Stages of SSC CGL Selection Process 2020
- SSC CGL Selection Process FAQs
SSC conducts Combined Graduate Level Exam every year to fill in numerous vacancies across various departments under Ministries and Government Organisation. This year, the CGL Recruitment process has begun to fill in more than 9000 vacancies. Go through the revised SSC CGL Selection Process 2020 and begin your preparation.
- As per the SSC CGL 2020 Notification, there are totally four stages involved in CGL Recruitment i.e., Tier 1, 2, 3, & 4. All the stages in the exam are qualifying in nature.
- The first stage of the CGL Exam is scheduled from March 2-11, 2020, in online mode. Candidates must prepare well in advance to crack the highly competitive examination in the first attempt.
- Compared to the previous year, this year we can observe many changes in the SSC CGL Exam which is important for each candidate to be aware of.
- To help all the candidates about the latest SSC CGL selection process, we have provided brief information on how a candidate is selected for his/her desired post here.
SSC CGL Selection Process 2020
Get the complete details about SSC CGL Selection Process for the 2020 year here. Based on the SSC CGL 2020 Notification we have explained the current selection process.
- Candidates who clear the Tier 1 exam are eligible for both the Tier 2 & Tier 3 exam as per the latest SSC CGL Selection Process.
- But, candidates who get qualified in Tier 1 & Tier 2 with aggregate performance, will be shortlisted for evaluation of Tier 3 Exam.
- It is also important for candidates to score above the SSC CGL Cut Off to get shortlisted for the next stage of Recruitment.
- Based on the performance in Tier 1, 2, & 3, candidates will be shortlisted for Tier 4 i.e., Document Verification & Skill Test.
SSC CGL Recruitment Process 2020 Highlights
|Name of the organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the posts||Combined Graduate Level (CGL)|
|Category||Central Government Jobs|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam||March 2-11, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam||June 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam||July 2020|
Stages of SSC CGL Selection Process 2020
There are four stages includes in SSC CGL 2020 Selection Process
- Tier 1: Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- Tier 2: Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- Tier 3: Descriptive Exam
- Tier 4: Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/Skill Test/ Document Verification (DV)
SSC CGL Tier 1 Selection Process 2020
As per the current CGL Notification, candidates qualifying Tier 1 will be eligible for both Tier 2 and Tier 3. Tier 1 consists of four sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Each section consists of 25 objective type, multiple choice questions for 2 marks each.
- The total number of questions in SSC CGL Tier 1 is 100 questions for a total of 200 marks.
- Candidates are given 60 minutes to complete the entire online exam.
- Candidates must also note that there is a negative marking of 050 marks for each wrong answer. Begin your preparation well in advance for the Tier 1 Exam by following Experts SSC CGL Preparation Tips.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes (1 hour 20 minutes for candidates who are allowed to use Scribe)|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Selection Process 2020
The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is also a computer-based exam. Candidates qualifying Tier 1 above the cut off marks are eligible for Tier 2 and 3. But, if candidates score more than the cut off marks in Tier 2, then they will be shortlisted for evaluation of the Tier 3 Exam.
- In SSC CGL Stage 2 Exam 2019, there are four papers: Quantitative Abilities, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies.
- Paper 1 & 2 i.e., Quant & English are compulsory for all posts while Paper 3 & 4 depends on the post obtained by candidates.
- English paper has a total of 200 questions while the remaining papers include 100 questions.
- Each section is evaluated for 200 marks.
- Candidates must also remember that there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in English Paper while 0.50 marks for the remaining three papers.
|Paper 1: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes for each paper (2 hours 40 minutes who are allowed to use scribe)|
|Paper 2: English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper 3: Statistics||100||200|
|Paper 4: General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
SSC CGL Tier 3 Selection Process 2020
Based on candidate performance in Tier 1 & 2, candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of the Tier 3 Exam. The SSC CGL Stage 3 Exam is conducted in offline mode i.e., in pen and paper mode.
- The exam in Tier 3 has to be written in English or Hindi.
- The SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive paper includes writing an essay/precis/Letter/applications, etc.
- This section is evaluated for 100 marks.
- The total time duration for this stage is 60 minutes.
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of Exam||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in Hindi or English||100||60 Minutes (1 hour 20 minutes for candidates who are allowed to use Scribe)|
SSC CGL Tier 4 Selection Process 2020
Based on the candidate’s performance in Tier 1, 2, & 3, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification and Skill Test. Check out the detailed SSC CGL Selection Process for tier 4.
- The skill test includes Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
- SSC CGL Stage 4 Skill Test is mandatory but they are qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who do not appear for Skill Test or do not qualify the skill test, they will not be eligible for the posts which have skill test as mandatory.
The SSC CGL 2020 Tier 4 will be held in the month of September 2020. Here are the list of documents required for the document verification process:
- SSC CGL Admit Card
- Matriculation Certificate (10th) in support of Date of Birth (Date of Birth certificate issued by Principal/ Head Master is not Valid) (School Leaving Certificate will not be accepted as DoB Proof)
- Education Certificate in Support of educational qualifications (Provisional Certificate will be deemed Valid)
- ST/SC/OBC (Category Certificate ) (Govt. of India Prescribed Format Only)
- Disability Certificate (Govt. of India Prescribed Format Only)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate), in case of Govt. Employee
- Discharge Certificate (for Ex. Servicemen)
- A Duly filled Post Preference Option form
- Original Id Proof
- Passport Size Photographs
- Photocopies of all above-mentioned Certificates/Documents (2 sets) (Self Attested)
Instructions for SSC CGL DV (Document Verification)
Given are the important instructions to be followed for SSC CGL 2017 DV:
- Candidates must carry their valid photos along with the original ID Proof. Make sure the original copies of certificates/documents are carried for the document verification and CPT/DEST.
- Applicants have to carry the two sheets of the Documents Verification bearing Photo (In Original), given at the time of Document Verification by the Commission. It is a mandate at the time of CPT/DEST without which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Test.
- SSC CGL Admit Card (original) is a mandatory document along with original and photocopies for all required documents for proof of date of birth, graduation (with degree certificate/all three years’ marks sheet, OBC/SC/ST category, etc.
While appearing for the Document Verification following notes should be kept in mind:
- Matriculation/High School/High Secondary School/equivalent certificate, issued by the State/Central Education Board showing your date of birth (in the Christian Era) will be accepted. Birth certificate issued by the Principal/Headmaster of the School/Institution where you studied or Date of Birth recorded in the mark sheet will not be accepted.
- You may please note that you should fulfill and possess Educational Qualification (EQ) on or before 01.08.2016 mentioned above and bring original marks sheets along with their photocopies of all the years /semester of Graduation.
- You should bring the Caste certificate in case of OBC/SC/ST candidate and central Govt. Civilian Employee certificate and NOC in case of candidate availing age relaxation under CGCE, Discharge certificate in case of Ex-servicemen candidates, OH/HH/VH certificate in prescribed format in case of Physically Handicapped category, duly self-attested for verification and four (04) passport size photographs along with ID proof (Voter card/Identity card issued by the college etc.) at the time of Document Verification/Skill Test. Ex-Serviceman must have been discharged on or before the date mentioned in the Notice of Examination.
- On actual verification from the original documents, if you are not found fulfilling Educational qualification (EQ) or any other eligibility criterion as per Notice of Exam, you will not be allowed to attend the Skill Test. You must reach the venue of the Skill Test before the reporting time. No change in date/venue of the Skill test shall be allowed under any circumstances.
- Inclusion of any candidate in any of the list of the post for which he/she has not opted will not confer any right on his / her consideration for any post which he/she had not exercised the option.
- Exemption from DEST for PH candidates is subject to Govt. Policy in this regard.
- Carry additional passport size photographs (8-10) and photocopies of all the required documents. Make sure they’re self-attested for verification.
The final stage is followed up by the training and then the joining date is assigned to the candidate to their qualified post.
SSC CGL Selection Process FAQs
Share your thoughts/queries here!