Common Mistakes Students make while preparing for SSC CGL 2017
Common Mistakes Students make while preparing for SSC CGL – Be careful while preparing for SSC CGL exam
Common Mistakes Students make while preparing for SSC CGL
Staff Selection Commission or SSC is one of the most envied and desirable jobs in our country taken every year by lakhs of candidates. SSC is a leading employer today providing employment to lakhs of students in India.
SSC CGL is one of the most prestigious exams and it is a highly enviable and respected post. SSC CGL is abbreviated as Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level. The exam is meant to recruit test takers in Grade B and Grade C cadre posts of the government of India. The SSC CGL or SSC Combined Graduate Level exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group B and Group C non-gazetted posts in various departments and ministries of the Government of India.
Students and Candidates often make several mistakes while preparing for SSC CGL and we look at some of the commonly made mistakes that need to be looked at.
Lets look at some of the most Common Mistakes Students make while preparing for SSC CGL :
1. Not understanding the Exam pattern and syllabus: Several Aspirants and candidate do not follow a proper exam pattern and syllabus while preparing for the exam. They often go about like a nomad preparing with everything that comes their way. The problem should be solved by using the right kind of test series and mock tests. Aspirants and candidates should also refer to the study material for SSC CGL And not other exams.
2. Ignoring the technical aspects of the examinations:
The SSC CGL exam is conducted online and candidates need to understand that they need to get themselved used to the online system of answering questions. While candidates might use pen and paper method while preparing for the exam, the exam is conducted online and candidates must practice online mock tests to get themselves used to the answering questions online.
3.Preparing simultaneously for multiple entrance exams: Preparing simultaneously for several exams is one big mistake several people make. They are simultaneously preparing for exams like SSC CGL, IBPS, and other exams and lost track over the fact that each one has a different level of difficulty, different syllabus and several dissimilarities. So understand this before you prepare for tests.
4. Referring to too many books and notes: Some students get into the habit of buying too many books and referring to too many of them. It only adds to the clutter and candidates must choose a few books and stick to them instead of stacking up with too many books.
5. Not planning the studies in Advance: You need to plan out your studies in advance. If you are starting from zero, you will need sufficient amount of time preparing for the exam. However, if you are well versed with the topics and syllabus for the exam than you need not worry about the test. You need to give yourself a good 3-6 months to prepare for SSC CGL.
6. Not giving importance to all subjects: You need to understand that each section in the paper is essential to scoring sectional cutoff. For example, quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning are important but so are English and General Awareness. So don’t just focus on just
7. Using too many shortcuts and tricks: You must learn to use longer methods to get correct answers. Too many short cuts and tricks might save time, but can reduce the chances of attempting a good number questions with right answers.
8. Not paying attention to details: It is necessary to pay attention to details especially in Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning and every other section. There are a lot of details in every section that you must not skip. Paying attention to details is necessary while solving problems in data interpretation too.
9. Not making notes: Not making notes is an important thing. It is necessary to take short notes on important points and things that you have studied.
All the Best for the SSC CGL exam!
Share your thoughts/queries here!