SSC CGL General Awareness Questions PDF Download
General awareness is one of the important subjects to be studied when appearing for the CGL exam as 25 questions will be asked from this section in the exam. To ease your preparation, we have provided the SSC CGL GK Questions asked in the previous years’ exams.
- Following the experts’ SSC CGL GK Preparation methods will help candidates to crack the exam in one attempt.
- General Awareness is one such section in SSC Exams which includes various topics like Finance, Indian Economy, current affairs
- In this post, we have provided Important SSC CGL General Awareness Questions here. These questions are compiled from many previous year papers.
SSC CGL GK Questions (Commonly Asked)
Reading newspapers and watching the news daily would definitely help candidates to know all the happenings around the world and that will help them attempt the GK section easily. Aspirants are advised to focus more on topics like history, current affairs, biology, chemistry, etc. to score good marks in the GK section.
Who has become the first girl student to win the President of India Prize?
SSC CGL GK Questions from Previous Year Papers
Candidates must note that most of the questions will get repeated from the previous year’s papers. Therefore, practicing previous year’s question papers will help candidates to know the type of questions asked in the exam. During the preparation, try to attempt at least 1-2 previous year question papers to know the difficulty level of the GK section.
How many countries including India have signed an agreement to stop the spread of online fake news?
SSC CGL GK Questions (Important)
Candidates preparing for the CGL Exam can download the SSC CGL General Awareness Questions PDF and practice all the important questions. The General Awareness section comprises two sections: General Science and General Knowledge
Which disease is caused by the bite of a mad dog?
SSC CGL GK Quiz Questions
Candidates appearing for the exam must take at least 1-2 GK quiz daily to test their preparation level for the upcoming exam. To help candidates, we have provided important SSC CGL GK Quiz questions here.
Which metal is used for generation of Nuclear Power?
SSC CGL General Awareness Important Topics
Knowing the important topics will help candidates to know how to plan their preparation in a better way. The following table has topics for SSC CGL General Awareness.
Important Topics of General Science
In this section, the SSC CGL GK Questions are asked from three topics such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Check the subject-wise important topics of General science from the table below.
|Gravity||Uses, Common names, and composition of various chemicals||Parts of Plants and their functions|
|Motion||Alloys||Parts of Human Body and their functions|
|Work||Definition based questions (Heat, Oxidation, Reduction, etc)||Basics of the animal kingdom|
|Pressure||SI Units||Diseases, prevention, and cure|
|Units of Measurement||Chemical Change & Physical Change||Nutrients & Deficiency of diseases|
Important Topics of General Knowledge
In General Knowledge, most of the GK questions for SSC CGl are asked from the topics mentioned below:
- Political science
- Computer and Mobile Technology
Let us have a look at the table below to know the subject-wise SSC CGL General Awareness Questions.
Candidates can study these below-tabulated topics well and solve SSC CGL History Questions to be perfect in each topic.
|Ancient History||Medival History||Modern History|
|Indus Valley Civilization||Establishment & Expansion of the Delhi Sultanate||European Penetration & British Conquest of India|
|Buddhism & Jainism||Religious Movements in the Fifteenth & Sixteenth centuries||Major Battles|
|The Mauryans||Mughal Dynasty||Social & Cultural Awakening in India|
|Post Mauryan Kingdoms||The Maratha State||The Great Revolt of 1857|
|The Gupta Period||Later Mughals||Indian National Congress|
|–||–||Nationalist Movement; Growth of Militant Nationalism|
Let us have a look at the table below to know the important topics that need to be prepared to solve SSC CGL Geography Questions easily in the exam.
|Movement of Earth||Winds||Soils of India||Interior of Earth|
|Ocean & Ocean Currents||Agriculture in India||Latitudes & Longitudes||Volcanoes & Earthquakes|
|Transportation in India||Solar System||Habitats||Mineral Resources in India|
|Atmosphere||Physical Features of India||Forests of India||States of India|
|Rivers in India||World Geography||Continents in the World||–|
|Farming of the Constitution||President||Governor||Sources of Indian Constitution|
|Vice President||Vidhan Sabha||Schedules of Parts of Indian Constitution||Attorney General of India|
|Vidhan Parishad||Chief Ministers||Comptroller Auditor General||Panchayats|
|Citizenship||Lok Sabha||Parliamentary Funds||Article 370|
|Rajya Sabha||Supreme Court||Emergency in India||Bills|
|High Court||Commissions||Prime Ministers & Cabinet Ministers||Writs|
|Population Census||Important books & authors||Union budget, demonetization|
|Oscar winners||Sports||State animals & symbols|
|Famous seaports and their locations||Indian art & Culture||Important institutions of India|
|Nobel laureates & their fields||–||–|
Computer & Mobile Technology
|Development of computers||Input & Output devices||Memory|
SSC CGL General Awareness Questions Asked in SSC Exams
- In all SSC Exams, GK and Current Affairs is a part of the syllabus.
- Candidates who are constantly aware of all the latest issues happening across the globe can easily answer any type of question asked in this section.
- This section includes commonly asked SSC CGL General Awareness Questions from topics like Current Affairs, General Science, General Knowledge, Static GK, History, Geography, Polity, and more.
- The below section lists a few SSC CGL Important Questions from the previous year’s exam.
- Candidates must be aware of the Current Affairs and GK at least 6 months before the exam.
- The questions will easy if reading newspapers, watching the news, and studying GK Books regularly.
SSC CGL General Awareness Questions Asked in Tier 1 2020 Exam
Here are a few SSC CGL GK questions asked from previous year exams. Candidates appearing for CGL Exam are advised to solve SSC CGL Previous Year Papers to know the difficulty level of the exam and estimate which type of questions will be asked. Let us have a look at the SSC CGL General Awareness Previous Year Questions below.
- Sri Lanka’s PM?
- Hampi is in which state?
- Who is the CM of Chattisgarh?
- Thomas Row appeared in which Darbar?
- Find the bone which is not of human’s
- The chemical name of Solid CO2
- Who will decide the repo rate?
- Where are the headquarters of WHO?
- Who is the hero of the Mission Mangal movie?
- Who is the writer of “Era of Darkness”
- Who is the newly appointed Army Chief?
- which Article describes the Sexual Discrimination between males and females in the Indian constitution?
- Mahabalipuram was built in which year?
- What happens on the 4th day after Pongal?
- Where is Lady Wellington park?
- Who received the Dada Saheb Palke Award in 2020?
- Which acid is present in Vinegar?
- Who was the father of Azad Shatru
- Name of the excise conducted by Wings India in Begum Pet, Hyderabad Airport
- Who is the last ruler in the Nanda Dynasty
- What is the gland present between the lungs?
- Which acid is released when cutting onions that result in tears
- Name of the book released by Amit Shah
- Where is Madhapur Mela held?
- In which year was the name of the capital Bombay changed to Mumbai?
- What is the rank of India in the National Brands Ranking?
- Where was the recent Global Investors Summit held?
- Question from Karma Yudha book
- Who is MP’s first governor?
- Who is the chairperson of the IMF?
- Who is the Jammu & Kashmir Union Territory’s Governor?
- Who is the founder of the Gadar Party?
- Name of Thailand’s Prime Minister
- Which is the largest city in Sri Lanka
- Yangtze River is in which city of China?
- Last Ruler of Gupta Dynasty
- PM of Bhutan
- The formula of Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate
- When is Nurse Day celebrated?
- Who received Nobel Prize consecutively?
- Question on Raman Effect
- Vijaywada is situated beside which river?
- Who wrote the book “Saint of God”
- Bhavayei and Kalvalia is which state dance form?
- Who is the Governor of Kerala?
- Father of “Bangladesh Renaissance”
- Chemical Formula of “Epsom Salt”
- Chemical Formula of “Ferrous Sulphate”
- Who was the Viceroy of the 1843 Draught situation in India?
- Harbhajan Singh is the Brand Ambassador of which brand?
- Where is Jhansi ki Rani Samadhi located?
- When was Congress Socialist Party established?
- In which state was the first KVIC appointment done?
- When was the Election Commission formed?
- Who was the Governor during the 3rd Anglo War?
- “Yasho Dance” is linked with which State?
- Question-related to “Jin” Philosophy of Jainism?
- Abbreviation Question- In “Udaan” word word “A” represents?
- Who is the writer of “Great Indian Novel”?
- Kaliyaari Pattu Dance Is from which state?
- MP surrounded by which states?
- Tell the number of Carbon and Hydrogen in Propane?
- Unit of Velocity of Sound?
- Torr is the SI Unit of?
- Where is “Jagoda Rock”?
- Lt. Governor of J&K?
- The angle of the Benzene Molecule
- Ramsar conference is related to?
- Which monument is not opened by Narendra Modi in West Bengal’s visit?
- “Ribosm” Presents in-?
- Question from Hunger Index
- Who appoints the Attorney General of India?
SSC CGL Exam Analysis for GK Section
Begin your preparation for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam by knowing the SSC CGL Preparation Tips from experts. The following table has all the Shifts for Tier 1 for June 04, 10 & 11, 2019 Exam. The number of questions and good attempts are mentioned:
- This year the exam was easy to moderate
- G.K Section has seen a slight shift in Question Pattern.
- It was the easy-moderate level in the paper
- The students commented that they could attempt questions easily
|Subject||No of Questions||Good Attempts|
|GK Shift 1 (June 11, 2019)||25||20-22|
|GK Shift 1 (June 10, 2019)||25||15-17|
|GK Shift 2 (June 10, 2019)||25||12-15|
|GK Shift 3 (June 10, 2019)||25||10-12|
|GK Shift 1 (June 04, 2019)||25||16-18|
|GK Shift 2 (June 04, 2019)||25||17-18|
|GK Shift 3 (June 04, 2019)||25||17-18|
Share your thoughts/queries here!