Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation (SSC CGL Books)
- Best SSC CGL Books List 2020
- Top 10 Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
- Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
- SSC CGL Best Books for Tier 2 2020
- SSC CGL Subject-Wise Books 2020
- SSC CGL Books in Hindi
- SSC CGL Previous Year Papers Book
- How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL Tier 2 in 2020?
- SSC CGL Best Books FAQs
Gear up your preparations for the second stage of the SSC CGL Exam with the best study materials. Download the SSC CGL Best Books for Exam Preparation. With the help of the right SSC CGL Books & the proper strategy, you can crack the exam easily. The article suggests the best books for SSC CGL 2020.
- As per the SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 2 there are four sections i.e., Quantitative Abilities, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies.
- Choosing the right books that cover complete syllabus is one of the best resources for the preparation of CGL exam.
- In order to crack these sections with more marks, it is required for candidates to have all the latest recommended SSC CGL Books by toppers for enhancing their preparation.
- As per the experts, opting for best books will help candidates to know all the important topics as the exam point of view and plan their preparation in a better way.
- Candidates are advised to practice SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and which type of questions can be asked in the exam.
Best SSC CGL Books List 2020
There are many options to choose from when selecting a book to prepare well. We have filtered the list and come up with the most relevant & informative SSC CGL books for the convenience of the candidate.
- Books are very important for any exam preparation. In SSC CGL, candidates must refer to the right book which covers each concept explained in depth.
- Candidates appearing for SSC CGL Exam can go through the SSC CGL Study Materials that will help in topic-wise preparation.
- For each subject, there are many books available but only few are recommended by the experts and toppers. Get the complete insight about top SSC CGL Books in this post.
- Go through the post to know which are SSC CGL best books for preparation to be referred for each stage of CGL Recruitment.
- There are four stages involved in the SSC CGL Recruitment 2020. Out of which first two stages are Computer Based Online Test, the third stage is descriptive and the last stage is DV or Interview.
Top 10 Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
Check out the important books for SSC CGL Exam Preparation. Here are the top 10 books for all subjects included in the SSC CGL Exam. Download Free SSC CGL Study Materials for enhancing preparation levels and be exam ready.
Best SSC CGL Books for English
Check out the list of English Book for SSC CGL Exam Preparation.
|Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi||This book helps in preparing for Grammar Related questions|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren & Martin||This book is very useful for answering Grammar questions and vocabulary questions|
Best Books for CGL GK
Here are few important SSC CGL Books for the GK subject.
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Binary Karn||one of the best books for the general knowledge section where everything is explained in a simple language. It provides all the basic information about history, geography, economy, science and Indian polity.|
|General Knowledge||Arihant Publications||Helps in answering any GK question easily|
Best Books for SSC CGL Maths
The SSC CGL exam can be a bit challenging, but with the help of SSC CGL Preparation Tips, it is easier to crack the exam. Here are few SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Books for Quant subject.
|SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics||Kiran Prakashan||A very useful book that includes basic concepts and explained in detail|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Varma||Know the tips & tricks to solve maths problems in this book|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S.Aggarwal||This is the best book for clarity over the basic concepts and provides all the shortcuts to solve the questions in less than a minute.|
Best Books for CGL Reasoning
Let us have a look at the table below to know the best books for the preparation of SSC CGL Reasoning section.
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S.Aggarwal||Explains in-depth basics and provides many practice questions|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||Includes many practice questions based on non-verbal reasoning|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K.Gupta||Provides many tricks to solve reasoning questions|
Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
You can read through our handpicked collection of SSC CGL books that will help in preparing for all sections involved in SSC CGL Exam 2020.
- To gear up your preparation for CGL Exam 2020, we have listed out the SSC CGL best books for scoring more in the exam.
- These SSC CGL books are prescribed by experts as each and every concept is explained in depth so that candidates can understand them easily.
- Following these books along with a proper SSC CGL Study Plan will definitely help in cracking all stages of CGL in the first attempt.
|Subject||Best Books for CGL 2020||Author|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|General Awareness||Manorama yearbook||–|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||–|
|Quantitative||Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R.S Aggarwal|
|Advanced maths for SSC||Rakesh Yadav|
|English Language||Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
|Objective General English by S P Bakshi||Arihant|
SSC CGL Best Books for Tier 2 2020
Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 will help candidates to skyrocket their scores in Quantitative Aptitude, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics & General Awareness, Finance & Accounting. Along with the below recommended and subject-wise, SSC CGL books candidates can go through tier 2 books for preparation. Candidates can download SSC CGL Best Books in Hindi as well by famous authors.
SSC CGL Subject-Wise Books 2020
Here are the subject-wise SSC CGL Preparation Books. Know why are these books important and how can they help in your preparation. With suggestions from experts, we have listed out the subject-wise important books here. Have a look at the SSC CGL Book List and start preparing accordingly.
SSC CGL Best Books for the English Language
SSC CGL 2020 Best Books 2019-20 for Verbal Ability and English Language. Here are the Best SSC CGL Books List for English Preparation. In order to enhance your preparation, ensure to choose the Best SSC CGL English Books that are as per the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
1. How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
- The book provides theory first and then also gives a lot of illustrations and examples with explanations, hence it is the best English book for SSC CGL.
- There are so many exercises included in the book for practice as per the exam perspective.
- Attempt SSC English Quiz Regularly to master in English subject.
- The book provides good quality of Reading Comprehension
2. Objective General English by SP Bakshi by Arihant
- The book covers all important topics required to be covered
- All chapters have examples to make it easier for the reader
- The book is written in a very simplified language. It is easy to understand for the candidates
- It is absolutely not difficult to crack SSC CGL English Section in one attempt with a proper study plan and opting for the best books.
3. Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
- Certainly, it is the best book to clear the Grammatical flaws
- Moreover, the practice chapters are also there along with answers
- Also, the best explanation provided (with examples) for every Grammar topic
SSC CGL Best Books for General Intelligence
SSC CGL Books for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. Check out the best books for SSC CGL Reasoning Preparation here.
1. Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- First of all, the book mentors the readers through faster, shorter, easier and intelligent pathways to take up the study both Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Secondly, the question papers from previous examinations are also provided to give a fair idea to the students
- Moreover, there are so many other questions given for practice purpose
- SSC CGL Logical Reasoning Preparation will help students master this section & clear it with ease.
2. How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- First of all, this book gives guidelines with great clarity on how to study and clear the exam
- For any SSC CGL aspirant, this book gives the basic foundation and help to begin with preparation.
3. Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Most importantly, the major concentration of this book is on common and easy topics of the subject of logic and reasoning.
- Also, it also involves debates on argument-based queries
- Besides that, it gives the students with all the important skill and trick set to resolve the logical and analytical reasoning questions in competitive exams fast and accurately.
4. Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- Firstly, the book will guide the candidate to make the preparation strategy upgraded, concentrated and focussed
- Moreover, it includes new worked-out examples according to the most recent pattern for better practice
- Besides that, the book also guides the student to prepare for other examinations such as the XAT, SNAP, IIFT, IRMA, MAT, NMAT, etc.
- Take up SSC Reasoning Quiz daily to know which type of questions can be asked in the exam.
What are the SSC CGL Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)?
SSC CGL Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude are as follows. The below list shows the best SSC CGL Quant Books recommended by toppers and experts.
1. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- This is one of the Best Book for SSC CGL Tier 2 that contains more than 5500 questions. The answers are also provided.
- Candidates can Crack SSC CGL Maths with the least effort
- First of all, all the chapters in the book start with a theory that is easily understandable. Moreover, the queries to every chapter are also given. So, this way candidates can understand the chapter and revise it at the same time
2. Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Basically, the book contains more than 5500 questions along with solutions.
- All the chapters in the book start with the theory which is easily understandable. Moreover, the queries to every chapter are also given. This way candidates can understand the chapter and revise it at the same time
3. Arihant Publications – Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- This book has all the important factors which are required to master various topics. For example, Arithmetic by Level Graded Exercises etc
- Moreover, the book covers the syllabus of almost all competitive examinations. For example RBI, SBI, IBPS PO, SSC, LIC, CDS, UPSC etc.
- Furthermore, the book is perfect if the candidate is looking for short-cut tricks or wants to clear basic concepts
4. Practice Book on Quicker Maths
- Firstly, it is a practice book which candidates can buy and start solving the problems
- Also, it is specially designed just for those who want to practice what they have learned
- Attempting SSC Quantitative Aptitude Quiz regularly will increase your confidence in the cracking Maths section with a high score.
What are the SSC CGL Best Books for General Awareness?
SSC CGL Best Books for Resources for General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Enhance your preparation for GK with the Best Books for SSC CGL General Awareness.
1. Manorama Yearbook 2019
- Most importantly, this book is one of India’s most popular GK fact book. The Yearbook is very helpful for those trying to prepare for several Competitive and entrance exams
- Also, it provides upgraded sources of the database covering detailed and different concepts like Science and Medicine, Space, Environment, Literature etc
2. Competition Success Review
- Firstly, this book is very helpful for those preparing for not just SSC CGl but any competitive exam out there
- Moreover, all the current matters and affairs would be given in this book. This will help the candidate to score higher
3. Newspapers: Indian Express, Times of India and The Hindu
- Certainly, reading newspapers every day can help crack the GK section very easily
- Furthermore, this practice will help upgrade the candidate about the recent most news. Therefore, there is high possibility GK questions are mostly about the current issues
- Candidates can improve their General Awareness better with the help of important SSC CGL GK Preparation tips.
SSC CGL Books in Hindi
Candidates can check out the below list of books for the preparation of SSC CGL in Hindi language.
|Name of the Section(खंड का नाम)||Best books to be followed (तैयारी के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ किताबें)|
|1. संख्यात्मक अभियोग्यता(Quantitative Aptitude)||(संख्यात्मक अभियोग्यता) (Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal)|
|फास्ट-ट्रैक वस्तुनिष्ठ अंकगणित(Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic)|
|मैजिकल बुक सीरीज क्विकर मैथ् (Magical Book On Quicker Maths)|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma|
|Arihant Publications – Fast Track Objective Arithmetic|
|Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)|
|Mathematics Class 11th and 12th R.D. Sharma|
|Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication|
|Ramniwas Mathuriya Math|
|2.English Language (अंग्रजी भाषा)||Objective General English by SPBakshi (Arihant)|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma|
|Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition|
|Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha|
|Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan|
|3.Reasoning Section (सामान्य बुद्धि एवं तर्क शक्ति)||Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey;|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal|
|New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha|
|Ramniwas Mahturiya Reasoning|
|4.General Awareness (सामान्य ज्ञान)||Competition Success Review|
|General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn(Lucent Publications);|
|Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English)|
|Manorama Yearbook 2017 (Hindi)|
|5.Previous year Question Paper (पिछले साल के प्रश्न)||Solved Papers SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre-Examination Tier-I by Arihant;|
|Kiran’s SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank 1999-2016|
|SSC CGL 50 Practice Papers Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Examination by Arihant|
SSC CGL Previous Year Papers Book
Check out the list of the previous year papers book for SSC CGL subject from the below table.
|SSC CGL Previous Year Solved Papers (Tier 1)||RPH Editorial Board||Includes various previous year papers along with solutions||Rs 290/-|
|SSC CGL Question Bank With Solved Papers||Kiran Prakashan||consists of numerous previous year papers, question banks along with solutions||Rs 475/-|
|SSC Chapter Wise Solved Papers for Reasoning||Arihant Experts||20 years solved papers of reasoning subject||Rs 265/-|
|SSC Chapter Wise Solved Papers for Mathematics||Arihant Experts||Solve 20 years question papers of mathematics along with solutions||Rs 236/-|
|SSC Topic Wise Solved Papers for General Awareness||Disha Experts||Topic-wise 48 solved question papers for GA subject||Rs 169/-|
|SSC English Error Free Solutions||Ajay K Singh||Previous year solved question papers for English subject||Rs 293/-|
How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL Tier 2 in 2020?
As per the experts, following preparation tips will help candidates to know how to better prepare for the upcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 exam.
- First, understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the exam in and out.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source including books.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily.
- Then start your preparation with easy topics and then proceed to difficult topics.
- Solving previous year question papers is one of the best methods for preparation and understanding the difficulty level of the exam. It will help aspirants to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- Make sure to finish the previous year papers on time and after completion of solving, check all your answers, and allot marks yourself for each question.
- Take up SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests regularly and this will help candidates improve their speed and manage time in the exam.
- Note down where you go wrong and know how to correct the mistakes.
SSC CGL Best Books FAQs
Q. Which is the best SSC CGL English Book?
Ans: The SSC CGL Best Books for English are SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 8800+ Objective Questions – English – 1613 (Old Edition) by Kiran Prakashan and Chapterwise Solved Papers SSC Staff Selection Commission English Language by Arihant Publication.
Q. Is Lucent GK enough for SSC CGL GK Preparation?
Ans: Lucent GK is, of course, the best book. But, only this book is not enough for GK preparation. Taking up SSC GK Quiz regularly and attempting test series could help in cracking the exam easily.
Q. Can I crack SSC CGL in one month’s preparation?
Ans: Yes, with a proper study plan and referring to the best SSC CGL Books, you can crack the CGL Exam.
Q. Which are the best SSC CGL Books for preparation?
Ans: For Quant, you can refer to Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal. For English, SP Bakshi and RS Aggarwal are highly recommended books. Manorama and Lucent are the Best Books for SSC CGL GK. For Reasoning, study from books by RS Aggarwal and MK Pandey.
Q. Can I download SSC CGL Books PDF?
Ans: Yes, there are many SSC CGL Books available in PDF format. You can download the SSC CGL Books in PDF format and study whenever you wish to.
Q. Is there any negative marking in SSC CGL Exam?
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Q. Which are important books for SSC CGL tier 2 Exam
Ans: There are different books for each subject. However, candidates can check SSC CGL Tier 2 Books in this post and enhance their preparation.
Share your thoughts/queries here!