SSC CGL Application Form 2021
The online application process for SSC CGL Exam 2021 has begun on 29 December 2020. All the eligible candidates can fill the online form until 31 January 2021. This post will take you through the details regarding the SSC CGL Application Form Fill Up.
SSC CGL Application Form 2021
Before proceeding with the application form, candidates must make sure that they satisfy the SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2021 set by the commission. You are not eligible to fill the form if you do not fulfill the eligibility.
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or institute and the age must be between 18-32 years as of 01 January 2021 in order to fill the online application form.
- The process of filling online application involves two steps: one-time registration and filling up the form.
- The application fee is Rs. 100 for the general category whereas women and candidates belonging to the reserved category are exempted from fee payment.
SSC CGL Application Form 2021 – Important Dates
All eligible candidates must make sure to fill the form on or before the last date as the SSC CGL Apply Online link will be active for a limited period. Go through the table below to know all the important events related to the online form.
|Starting Date to Apply Online||29 December 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31 January 2021 (23:30)|
|Last Date for making Online Fee Payment||02 February 2021 (23:30)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||04 February 2021 (23:30)|
|Last date to Pay through Challan (During working hours of the bank)||06 February 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date||29 May 2021 – 07 June 2021|
Pre-requisites for CGL Online Application Process
You must ensure to have all the following documents handy before you start with the SSC CGL Application Form fill up.
- Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
- E-mail ID (to be verified through OTP)
- Aadhaar Number
- Voter ID Card/PAN/Passport/Driving License/School or College ID/Employer ID (if Aadhaar number is not available)
- Scanned image of the photograph
- Scanned image o the Signature
- Class 10th Roll Number, Marks, Board,
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12
- Marksheet and Certification of Graduation
- Disability certificate(if any)
Specifications for Uploading Photo & Signature
- The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the notice of the exam.
- The date mentioned in the photo should be clearly visible.
- The photo should be without a cap and spectacles
- Both ears should be clearly visible in the photo
- Applications with illegible signature would be rejected by the commission
|Photograph||20 – 50 Kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png|
|Signature||10 – 20 Kb||4 cm X 3 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png|
How to Apply SSC CGL Online?
The application form must be submitted only in online mode at the official website of SSC. The filling of the online application form of the SSC CGL consists os two parts:
- Part 1: One-Time Registration
- Part 2: Filling up details in Online SSC CGL Application Form
Part 1: One-Time Registration
As per the notification, the one-time registration process required filling up the following details:
- Provide all basic details like Aadhaar Number, Fathers’ Name, Mothers’ Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc
- After providing all the details, click on the submit button
- Your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen
- Registration number and password will be sent to your registered mobile number and E-mail ID
Additional and Contact Details
- Re-login to the website using your registration ID and password
- On successful login, information about the ‘Basic Details’ so far filled by you will be displayed. You may edit it if required or else click on the ‘Next’ button
- Enter details like category, nationality, identification marks, etc
- Click on the Save button
- Make sure to review the application form before clicking on the “Final Submit” button
Read the declaration carefully and click on the “I Agree” button
- After entering all the details, click on Submit
- On the next page, you can see all the details you have. If you think there is a need, then you can edit anything by clicking Update
- Click on ‘I Agree’ after filling in the security code
- In the new page, the applicant’s Registration ID will be shown
- Applicants must note down the Registration ID. They must take a print out of the page for the future reference
- The registration id will also be sent to the applicant’s e-mail id
Part 2: Filling Up SSC CGL Application Form
- Log in to the website using your registration number and password
- Under the “Latest Notifications” tab click on the Combined Graduate Level Apply Link
- Enter all required details like the highest qualification, age, gender, category, nationality, preference of exam centers, etc
- Information with regard to Present and Permanent Address will be filled up automatically from the One-time Registration Data
- Upload scanned photo and signature in the specified format
- Click on the “I Agree” button
- Enter the Captcha code
- Click on the Edit/Modify button if you want to make any changes otherwise click on the ” Submit” button
- Proceed to make the online fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of the fee
The fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- After making payment, a message will be displayed on the screen saying ‘You have successfully submitted your application’
- take a printout of the application form for future reference
|General/OBC (Male)||Rs. 100/-|
General Instructions for SSC CGL Application Form Fill Up
- You must read the notice of examination carefully before filling up the online registration form and application form.
- If you are opting for the post of Statistical Investigator, you should choose ‘Yes’ when asked for the same under the SSC Post Preferences and also choose the applicable option (Yes/No) when asked if you have the education qualification for the post of Statistical Investigator.
- If you are applying for the post of AAO, then you should select ‘Yes’ when asked for the same and select the applicable option (Yes/No) when asked if you have any educational qualifications for AAO.
- Also, you must hold a degree to opt for the post of AAO.
SSC CGL Application Status and Correction 2021
You must remember that there is no option for editing or correcting any details after the final submission of the online form. Hence, you must make sure to fill the form without any errors. You can check the status of your application form by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Visit the regional official website of SSC
- On the Home Page, Click on the Application Status link
- Select Application Status in the Select Status Type Drop Menu
- In the next section select the exam name
- Click on Yes if you know your Register ID or Roll Number else click on No if you are not aware of the Roll number.
- Enter the registered ID, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth and click on Seach Status
- SSC CGL 2021 Application Status will be displayed on the screen
SSC CGL Application Form FAQs
Q. How much fee should I pay for SSC CGL Exam 2021?
Ans: If you belong to the General category then you need to pay Rs 100/- as the application fee else there is no fee for other categories.
Q. Is there any option to edit the application form after submitting it?
Ans: It depends on the Staff Selection Commission whether they allow for SSC CGL Form Correction. But, on the safer side make sure to fill the form carefully without making any mistakes.
Q. How can I apply for CGL 2021?
Ans: You can fill the SSC CGL 2021 Application form through online mode only. You can visit the official website or follow the detailed instructions provided in the above post.
Q. Can I fill the SSC CGL Form 2021 in offline mode?
Ans: No, SSC CGL Form Fill Up will be done only in online mode.
Q. What is the minimum qualification required to apply for SSC CGL 2021?
Ans: Candidates willing to apply for the CGL exam must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or Institution in any stream.
Q. What are the different modes of paying the SSC CGL Application Fee?
Ans: There are two modes of paying the application fee which includes Online and Offline. In Online mode, you can pay through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking (SBI). In Offline Mode, you can pay through challan payment in any branch of SBI. You can download the challan from the official website.
Q. Can 10th Pass fill the SSC CGL Application Form?
Ans: Yes, 10th pass candidates can also fill the CGL online form for posts that have educational qualification as 10th pass.
Share your thoughts/queries here!