SSC CGL Antonyms Questions Asked PDF Download 2020
A word opposite in meaning to another is known as Antonyms. Check out the list of SSC CGL Antonyms Questions asked in SSC CGL 2020 prelims exam. Though it is just a small topic, studying for Antonyms is important in order to score good marks in the exam.
- Gear up your preparation for the second stage of the SSS CGL 2020 Exam that is scheduled in the month of October 14-17, 2020.
- To ease out your preparation, we have provided Important SSC CGL Antonyms questions 2020 here. These questions are compiled from many previous year papers to help with the candidate’s preparation.
- In this post, we have provided Previous Year Antonyms for SSC CGL that are important for the upcoming SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 2 exam.
- For enhancing your preparation levels, study the from the Best English Books for SSC CGL 2020.
SSC CGL Antonyms Questions Asked 2020
Antonyms are one of the important topics in the English Section. There is a minimum of 5-6 Antonyms questions appearing in all SSC CGL Exams.
- Candidates who are appearing for Combined Graduate Level Exam are suggested to go through the SSC CGL Study Notes which include all the important topics that will appear in the exam.
- In this PDF, we have compiled all the questions from the Antonyms section which were asked in Previous SSC Exams.
- Download the PDF now and boost your preparation for SSC CGL 2020.
- Taking up the SSC CGL Mock Test Series regularly can help in analyzing the preparation levels.
SSC CGL Antonyms Weightage in SSC CGL
In various government exams like SSC, Railway, and Bank Exams, there are few questions from Antonyms’ topic in English subject. The below table explains the number of SSC CGL English Antonyms asked in each tier of CGL.
|Exam||No. of Antonym Questions|
|SSC CGL Tier 1||2-3|
|SCC CGL Tier 2||4-5|
Most Important Antonyms for SSC CGL
As the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam is scheduled in the month of October, candidates can start their preparation by learning at least 10 most difficult antonyms per day. This will help score good marks in the exam. To ease your preparation, we have provided a few difficult antonyms in the table below.
|Apocryphal||Accredited, authentic, authorized, legitimate, reliable, trustworthy, genuine|
|Cajole||Deter, dissuade, drive away, repel, warn|
|Enigma||Answer, explanation, solution, proposition|
|Trepidation||Bold, courage, confidence, self-command, immobility, firmness|
Important SSC CGL Antonyms Questions
For cracking all the stages of CGL, enrolling in the SSC CGL Online Coaching will be of great help. Here is the list of SSC CGL Antonyms that were asked in the previous year’s exams. Take a look at these words and know their antonyms.
To attempt more questions and analyze your preparation click on the below link.
1. Acumen – Stupidity, Ignorance
2. Baffle – Clarify
3. Consent – Disagree
4. Condemn – Praise
5. Feud – Harmony
6. Hamper – facilitate
7. Immerse – Emerge
8. Mitigate – Augment
9. Ominous – Auspicious
10. Quack – Upright
These are just sample antonyms. Refer or go through the PDF provided in this post to know more English Antonyms For SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam.
List of Antonyms for SSC CGL
Here, we have provided a list of antonyms for SSC CGL and this will help candidates appearing for the Tier 2 Exam.
|Acumen||Stupidity, Ignorance||Adhere||Condemn, disjoin|
|Adjunct||Separated, Subtracted||Allay||Aggravate, Excite|
|Ascend||Climb Escalate||Audacity||Mildness, Cowardice|
|Axiom||Absurdity, Blunder||Baffle||Facilitate, Clarify|
|Barrier||Link, Assistance||Befogged||Clear-headed, Uncloud|
|Comprise||Reject, lack||Consent||Object Disagree|
|Clandestine||Open, Legal||Comic||Tragic, tragedian|
|Deceit||Veracity, Sincerity||Defray||Disclaim, Repudiate|
|Docile||Headstrong, obstinate||Dwarf||Huge, Giant|
|Eclipse||Shine, eclipse||Efface||Retain, Maintain|
|Endeavour||Cease, quit||Epitome||Increment, expansion|
|Fabricate||Destroy, Dismantle||Fanatical||Liberal, Tolerant|
|Feud||Harmony, fraternity||Forsake||Hold, maintain|
|Frivolous||Solemn, significant||Gloom||Delight, mirth|
|Gracious||Rude, Unforgiving||Guile||Honesty, frankness|
|Glory||Shame, Disgrace||Harass||Assist, comfort|
|Hideous||Attractive, alluring||Humble||Proud, Assertive|
|Immunity||Blame, Censure||Impious||Pious, Devout|
|Infringe||Comply, Concur||Insipid||Delicious, luscious|
|Jaded||Renewed, recreated||Jejune||Interesting, exciting|
|Justify||Impute, arraign||Keen||Vapid, insipid|
|Knell||Reconstruction, rediscovery||Lax||Firm, reliable|
|Linger||Hasten, quicken||Lure||Repel, dissuade|
|Molest||Console, soothe||Murky||Bright, shining|
|Nimble||Sluggish, languid||Nullify||Confirm, Uphold|
|Remonstrate||Agree, loud||Retract||Confirm, assert|
|Sacred||Ungodly, Profane||Steep||Flat, gradual|
|System||Chaos, Disorder||Scanty||Lavish, multitude|
|Solicit||Protest oppose||Taboo||Permit, consent|
|Throng||Dispersion, sparsity||Trivial||Significant, veteran|
|Urchin||Creep, Knave||Vagrant||Steady, settled|
|Veteran||Novice, tyro||Vouch||Repudiate, prohibit|
|Wan||Bright, healthy||Wed||Divorce, Separate|
|Wile||Naivety, honour||Yell||Whisper muted|
|Yearn||Content, satisfy||Yoke||Liberate, Release|
|Zeal||Apathy, lethargy||Zenith||Nadir, base|
|Zest||Disgust, passive||Zig -zag||Straight, unbent|
How to Prepare Antonyms For SSC CGL
In order to practice Antonyms for SSC CGL, candidates should be aware of their existence. FollowingSSC CGL Preparation Tips by experts will help candidates to prepare this section easily.
- The first and foremost thing is that candidates have to read the newspaper daily and focus more on editorial sections to improve their vocabulary.
- Every time you come across a new word, you must look it up in the dictionary to make sure that the word is well understood.
- After knowing the meaning, make sentences of your own or use mnemonics to remember the new words.
- Find the synonym of the same word because it will help enhance your knowledge and will add more words to your dictionary.
- Try to learn at least 20 new English words daily.
- Make shortcuts, tricks to make the learning of words easy, and try to use them in your daily life. It will improve your communication skills.
- Solve as many as SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers and that will help you score marks easily in the exam.
- Maintain a notebook to keep a record of all newly learned words.
- Practice Mock tests on Antonyms on a daily basis and try to analyze all the options while practising.
- Candidates are advised to include the best Antonyms and Synonyms Book For SSC CGL in their preparation.
- During the exam, candidates must examine each option carefully before choosing the correct one.
Share your thoughts/queries here!