SSC CGL Antonyms Questions Asked PDF Download
A word opposite in meaning to another is known as Antonyms. Though it is just a small topic, studying for Antonyms is important in order to score good marks in the exam. Check out the list of SSC CGL Antonyms Questions asked in the previous year’s exam.
- Generally, 2-3 antonym questions are asked in the Tier 1 exam while 5-6 questions in the Tier 2 exam. Hence, it is important for candidates to prepare antonyms to clear the English section.
- For enhancing your preparation levels, study from the Best English Books for SSC CGL 2021. This will also help prepare all the topics as per the syllabus.
- Here, we have provided Important SSC CGL Antonyms questions 2021. These questions are compiled from many previous year papers to help with the candidate’s preparation.
SSC CGL Antonyms Questions (Commonly Asked)
Antonyms are one of the important topics in the English Section. Hence, candidates are advised to learn at least 5-10 new antonyms a day as this will help them enhance their preparation level for the upcoming exam.
- Solving the SSC English Quiz regularly will help increase your time management skills and speed.
- Preparing the Previous Year Antonyms for SSC CGL will let candidates know the difficulty level and the type of questions that can be asked in the exam.
SSC CGL Antonym Questions from Previous Year Papers
Practicing previous year antonyms questions will help candidates to know the difficulty level and the type of questions asked in the exam. To help candidates, we have assembled important SSC CGL Antonym Questions from previous year papers.
Important SSC CGL Antonyms
For cracking all the stages of CGL, enrolling in the SSC CGL Online Coaching will be of great help. Here is the list of important SSC CGL Antonyms that were asked in the previous year’s exams. Take a look at these words and know their antonyms.
SSC CGL Antonyms Weightage in SSC CGL
In various government exams like SSC, Railway, and Bank Exams, there are few questions from Antonyms’ topic in English subject. The below table explains the number of SSC CGL English Antonyms asked in each tier of CGL.
|Exam||No. of Antonym Questions|
|SSC CGL Tier 1||2-3|
|SCC CGL Tier 2||4-5|
Most Important Antonyms for SSC CGL
Candidates can start their preparation well in advance by learning at least 10 most difficult antonyms per day. This will help score good marks in the exam. To ease your preparation, we have provided a few difficult antonyms in the table below.
|Apocryphal||Accredited, authentic, authorized, legitimate, reliable, trustworthy, genuine|
|Cajole||Deter, dissuade, drive away, repel, warn|
|Enigma||Answer, explanation, solution, proposition|
|Trepidation||Bold, courage, confidence, self-command, immobility, firmness|
List of Antonyms for SSC CGL
Here, we have provided a list of antonyms for SSC CGL and this will help candidates appearing for the Tier 1 Exam.
|Acumen||Stupidity, Ignorance||Adhere||Condemn, disjoin|
|Adjunct||Separated, Subtracted||Allay||Aggravate, Excite|
|Ascend||Climb Escalate||Audacity||Mildness, Cowardice|
|Axiom||Absurdity, Blunder||Baffle||Facilitate, Clarify|
|Barrier||Link, Assistance||Befogged||Clear-headed, Uncloud|
|Comprise||Reject, lack||Consent||Object Disagree|
|Clandestine||Open, Legal||Comic||Tragic, tragedian|
|Deceit||Veracity, Sincerity||Defray||Disclaim, Repudiate|
|Docile||Headstrong, obstinate||Dwarf||Huge, Giant|
|Eclipse||Shine, eclipse||Efface||Retain, Maintain|
|Endeavour||Cease, quit||Epitome||Increment, expansion|
|Fabricate||Destroy, Dismantle||Fanatical||Liberal, Tolerant|
|Feud||Harmony, fraternity||Forsake||Hold, maintain|
|Frivolous||Solemn, significant||Gloom||Delight, mirth|
|Gracious||Rude, Unforgiving||Guile||Honesty, frankness|
|Glory||Shame, Disgrace||Harass||Assist, comfort|
|Hideous||Attractive, alluring||Humble||Proud, Assertive|
|Immunity||Blame, Censure||Impious||Pious, Devout|
|Infringe||Comply, Concur||Insipid||Delicious, luscious|
|Jaded||Renewed, recreated||Jejune||Interesting, exciting|
|Justify||Impute, arraign||Keen||Vapid, insipid|
|Knell||Reconstruction, rediscovery||Lax||Firm, reliable|
|Linger||Hasten, quicken||Lure||Repel, dissuade|
|Molest||Console, soothe||Murky||Bright, shining|
|Nimble||Sluggish, languid||Nullify||Confirm, Uphold|
|Remonstrate||Agree, loud||Retract||Confirm, assert|
|Sacred||Ungodly, Profane||Steep||Flat, gradual|
|System||Chaos, Disorder||Scanty||Lavish, multitude|
|Solicit||Protest oppose||Taboo||Permit, consent|
|Throng||Dispersion, sparsity||Trivial||Significant, veteran|
|Urchin||Creep, Knave||Vagrant||Steady, settled|
|Veteran||Novice, tyro||Vouch||Repudiate, prohibit|
|Wan||Bright, healthy||Wed||Divorce, Separate|
|Wile||Naivety, honour||Yell||Whisper muted|
|Yearn||Content, satisfy||Yoke||Liberate, Release|
|Zeal||Apathy, lethargy||Zenith||Nadir, base|
|Zest||Disgust, passive||Zig -zag||Straight, unbent|
How to Prepare Antonyms For SSC CGL
In order to practice Antonyms, candidates should be aware of their existence. FollowingSSC CGL Preparation Tips by experts will help candidates to prepare this section easily.
- The first and foremost thing is that candidates have to read the newspaper daily and focus more on editorial sections to improve their vocabulary.
- Every time you come across a new word, you must look it up in the dictionary to make sure that the word is well understood.
- After knowing the meaning, make sentences of your own or use mnemonics to remember the new words.
- Find the synonym of the same word because it will help enhance your knowledge and will add more words to your dictionary.
- Try to learn at least 20 new English words daily.
- Make shortcuts, tricks to make the learning of words easy, and try to use them in your daily life. It will improve your communication skills.
- Solve as many as SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers and that will help you score marks easily in the exam.
- Maintain a notebook to keep a record of all newly learned words.
- Practice Mock tests on Antonyms on a daily basis and try to analyze all the options while practicing.
- Candidates are advised to include the best Antonyms and Synonyms Book For SSC CGL in their preparation.
- During the exam, candidates must examine each option carefully before choosing the correct one.
Share your thoughts/queries here!