SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips- Tricks and Strategy
SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips- Get complete details of SSC CGL 20 days study plan with effective tips and strategy
SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips
SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips- SSC CGL, as we all know, are of the most awaited events in a year. SSC CGL is scheduled from 1st August to 20th August 2017. All SSC aspirants are eagerly waiting for the exam and are also busy with the preparation. Are you prepared for the exam? How about preparing with 20 day study tips and tricks for SSC CGL? After receiving tons of requests to post an exhaustive 20 days SSC CGL study plan, we bring you SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips to make the best out of your efforts. As the SSC CGL exam is approaching, students need to start covering the SSC CGL syllabus and practice as many SSC CGL mock tests as possible.
This is one of the most competitive exams of all times with almost 8 lakh students appearing for 8000 vacancies (approx.) every year. So, to succeed in an exam like this, smart and streamlined efforts are highly necessary. How to crack SSC CGL in 20 days– this question may make the candidates develop an aura of anxiety, fear and nervousness among themselves. Always remember, succeeding in SSC CGL is not only about scoring well in Maths, General Knowledge and English. If you wish to crack it, you also need to have a strong and smart approach.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017-
Firstly, we will give you a small yet detailed idea of the SSC CGL exam pattern highlights as the first step of SSC CGL preparation-
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|1.||The SSC CGL Tier-1 comprises of 4 sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension.|
|2.||Each section comprises of 25 questions. (Total – 100 questions)|
|3.||The nature of questions asked is objective type with multiple choices.|
|4.||For one correct answer, you win 2 marks and for one wrong answer you lose 0.50 marks.|
|5.||The candidates have to solve the complete paper (100 questions) in 75 minutes only.|
After looking at the pattern, you must have got a clear picture of the scenario. Quant and Reasoning sections will be more time taking as compared to other sections. So, you are asked to prioritize your order of attempt wisely.
We will provide you an ideal time allocation strategy
|Section- wise time allocation|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||10 minutes|
Note- You can change the time allocation as per you own convenience. The above table contains an ideal time allocation plan which we suggest.
Let us now move on to the SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips.
SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips- Daily Basis Time table
To go by an ideal 20 days preparation for SSC CGL, you can follow a daily basis time schedule like this-
|Section||Time Duration (In this time slot, solve/learn questions by using appropriate methods and formulae)||Time for Revision (In this time slot, revise short, smart tricks or formulas for concerned topics)|
|Reasoning||2.5- 3 hours (1 or 1 and half Topics)||Revise all the learned formulas or questions for 15 minutes|
|General Knowledge||1.5 Hours (Prefer Morning Hours)||15 Minutes Revision|
|Quantitative Aptitude||4 Hours (Cover 1- 2 Topic(s))||30 minutes for Revision|
|English||1 Hour (You can study whenever you wish to relax)||15 minutes of Revision|
Note- You can have your own daily schedule as per you own convenience. The above table contains a plan which we suggest.
In a span of 20 days, the best thing which you can do is concentrating more on the revision part rather than learning new topics. You can prepare short notes as well.
SSC CGL 20 days preparation plan- Tricks and Strategies
Let us now go by section – wise tips to prepare for SSC CGL in 20 days–
- This section comprises of simple questions so it would be easy to score.
- The questions in this section are less time taking as compared to questions from Aptitude questions in SSC exams. So, you can attend the reasoning section at first and then attempt quant section.
- Practice as many questions as possible from all the important topics of reasoning. Practice with mock tests and SSC CGL previous year question papers.
- Polish your reasoning skills by improving your concentration and critical thinking skills. Try to figure out the logic behind the question and read the question multiple times.
- Quantitative Aptitude Section consists of questions with numerical ability.
- Note down all important mathematical formulas and shortcut tricks which you require to solve those questions.
- This section is more time consuming and requires good accuracy. You need to improve your accuracy by preparing from mock tests and question papers.
- Prepare a strategy for QA section while giving the exam. Understand the pattern of the questions asked and figure out the questions which are lengthy. If you are unable to answer, skip them and move on to next questions.
- Practice as many questions as possible from all the important topics of quant. Practice with mock tests and SSC CGL previous year question papers.
- SSC CGL’s general awareness section contains most of the part from Static GK, You can focus more on static GK (history, geography, etc.) as compared to current affairs.
- Read daily current affairs or current affairs of last 3 months by going through online sites, magazines, current affairs PDFs, etc.
- Practice questions from last year GK quiz and question banks. Practice with SSC CGL mock tests and SSC CGL previous year question papers to know the pattern asked.
- Make it a habit to speak English in your daily life. Learn spoken English by inculcating a habit of reading newspapers, novels, online reading etc.
- The grammar section is the toughest in English language. Pick up a standard book like ‘Wren and Martin’ to go through basics of grammar and practice questions from grammar.
- Attempt online tests to improve your English Skills.
- Focus on vocabulary skills. Pick up a standard book for vocabulary and learn new words.
Stay tuned for more updates on SSC CGL 20 days preparation tips. All the best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!