SEBI Officer Grade A Syllabus 2018 and Exam Pattern
Securities and Exchange Board of India has recently released an official advertisement regarding the recruitment of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager). The online application process started on 15th September 2018. And the last date to apply and pay fees is 7th October 2018. The Phase 1 online exam is scheduled on 17th November 2018. As you can see, less than two months remain for the exam. And we would recommend you to go through the complete SEBI Officer Grade A Syllabus as soon as you can. This will be your first step in the exam preparation journey.
SEBI Officer Grade A Syllabus 2018
Since preliminary exam will have all the aspirants participating in the test, the exam will be highly competitive. Scroll down to see the full syllabus.
SEBI Officer Grade A Selection Process
The selection process comprises of three stages:
- Phase I Online Exam
- Phase II Online Exam
We have mentioned the Phase I online exam pattern below.
|General Awareness||40||120 min|
|Awareness about Securities Market||40|
You need to secure minimum 40% marks in each section separately to qualify for Phase II.
Awareness about Securities Market SEBI Officer Grade A Syllabus
- Indian Financial system – introduction – structure – finance commission – financial administration – receipts of the Government – Expenditures of the Government.
- Capital markets – primary market – instruments – legal issues and regulations – secondary market – stock exchanges – brokers – trading in stock exchanges – forward trading – stock index – depositories – regulations
- Bond Market- Money market, G.sec Market, Corporate bond market, Bond valuation, Duration, sensitivity, risk
- Foreign Exchange market – exchange control – fixation of exchange rate – exchange control in India – FEMA – foreign exchange transactions of commercial banks in India – currency convertibility – currency forwards, futures and options – trading in foreign exchange market – relationship between money market and foreign exchange market.
- Commodity market, commodity trading and exchanges
- International capital markets – instruments – Guidelines – foreign investment in India and its regulations.
- Relationship between Company Law and securities law
- Basic concepts related to securities law, like capital, public offer and securities
- Historical Background of securities law
- SEBI as a Market regulator, Powers and Functions of SEBI, Quasi legislative powers, executive powers and quasi-judicial powers
- Regulating the intermediaries and Stock exchanges, Meaning and Type of securities, Securities Contract, Corporatization, Demutualization and regulation of stock exchange, Listing Agreement, Dematerlisation and Rematerlisation
- Rights and duties of Depository (NSDL AND CSDL), Depository Participant, Issuer and beneficiary 7.Unpublished Price Sensitive Information (UPSI), Insider as connected person, Insider as the person having access to UPSI, Trading on the basis of UPSI
- Mergers Amalgamation and takeovers, Types and legal processes during takeover, Substantial Acquisitions, Exemptions by law, Exemption BY SEBI
- Public offer and disclosure requirements
- Unfair Trade Practices in the securities market, Securities Market offences, Prohibition of Insider Trading
- SEBI ICDR Regulations
- Public Offer requirements
- Role of SEBI as a Regulator
- Securities Appellate Tribunal
- Role of Courts in enforcing securities regulations
The syllabus for the other four subjects is same as other bank exams.
So, tell us, did you find our post on SEBI Officer Grade A Syllabus 2018 and Exam Pattern helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more exam pattern and syllabus updates. And do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. ‘Cause your opinion matters!
Share your thoughts/queries here!