Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I CGL Preparation
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- Tips and Tricks To Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
SSC CGL Exam is conducted every year to recruit non-technical Group B and Group C non-gazetted officers in various departments and ministries in the Government of India. In this article, we are going to focus on how to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
Every year more than a million students appear for the exam but only a handful get selected. The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in two phases- Tier 1 & Tier 2.
- SSC CGL Syllabus of Tier 1 has a total of 4 sections
- The total number of questions in the exam are 100
- One must perform more and more SSC Mock Tests to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
- Moreover, managing one’s time effectively is very important
- Students must start with the section they are weak at
- They can cover the easy topics in the end because it will save a lot of time
- Candidates must follow a certain and proper SSC CGL Study Plan to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
The syllabus is an important aspect when one wants to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
|Subject||SSC CGL Syllabus – Tier 1|
|Classification, Analogy, Codding-Decoding, Puzzle, Matrix, Word formation, Venn Diagram, Direction and Distance, Blood Relation, Series, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Problem Solving, Word Building, Space Orientation, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence|
|General Awareness||Static General Knowledge, Science, Current Affairs, Sports, Books and Authors, Important Schemes, Portfolios, People in News|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Interest, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Problem on Ages, Speed Distance and Time, Number System, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Square Roots, Profit & Loss, Discount, Histogram, Graphs|
|English Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings, Phrases and Idioms, One-word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting.|
Click Here For Complete & Updated SSC CGL Syllabus
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- The question will be asked from mainly 4 subjects- General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- Total number of Questions are 100 (25 from each section) and total marks for the exam is 200 (50 marks for each section).
- The total time allotted for the exam is 60 minutes (80 minutes for people with disabilities).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer
|Number of Papers||1|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Total Time||60 Minutes (80 minutes for disabled candidates)|
|Negative Marking||Yes (0.50 for each wrong answer)|
|Question Type||Objective (MCQs)|
Get Access To Complete SSC CGL Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 1 Marking Scheme
The following table expands on the marking scheme of SSC CGL Tier 1:
|Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions|
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||25|
Tips and Tricks To Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
1. Know what and how much to study:
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern of SSC CGL very thoroughly.
- One needs to focus on things which matter the most in the exam.
- Moreover, look for previous years question paper
- One must solve at least 1 previous year question paper per day
- Candidates must restrict using cell phones during the time of preparation to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I
2. Know which books/study material to refer to:
- Studying from too many books or study materials can be confusing
- Although every book is good. We recommend that one has to set their priorities right.
- Find the Best SSC CGL Books to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I here
- Whatever book the candidate chooses, just stick to it. Make the most out of the book
3. Practice makes perfect:
- This proverb is sacred for aspirants preparing for SSC CGL 2018
- There is no shortcut to success here.
- One needs to devote a hefty amount of time in practicing each topic until you master them
- Just understand your strengths and weaknesses before the exam
- Focus on the lagging.
- Also, practice more and more SSC CGL Quizzes to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I here
- The more mock tests and quizzes one will practice, it will make things more clear
- One obviously needs to understand where they stand and what level they need to acquire to Score 160+ Marks SSC CGL Tier I here
4. Time is everything:
- Candidates must remember they need to complete 100 questions within 60 minutes
- If one is appearing for the exam for the 1st time, they will notice how fast the time will slip
- So, one needs to manage their time efficiently
- Always study on the alarm clock
- Study for 50 minutes then take 10 minutes break and then continue the cycle
- This way one will not get bored. Also, there will be enough time to study and enough time to rest
- The candidate will not feel lazy or lethargic
5. Take online Mock Tests:
- Mock Tests are like practice matches in cricket.
- One has to prepare themselves before the big day.
- Moreover, Mock tests give you the exact feel of the exam and there one can evaluate themselves based on where they stand
- So, cultivate a habit of taking at least 1 mock test every single day
- Also, take SSC CGL Free Mock Tests here!
6. Important things to do for the sections in Tier 1
- First of all. read newspapers every day
- Secondly, read current affairs magazines or updates every day
- Also, candidates need to keep themselves updated with the news on the TV channel
- Most importantly, give more time to the subject or a topic candidate are weak
- Allot more and more time to the subjects one find difficult
- Do at least 1 Reading comprehension passage in one day
- Furthermore, take 1 mock test every day
- Besides that, solve 1 previous year question paper every day
- Also, give 6-7 hours to study each day
- Moreover, candidates must also focus on revising synonyms-antonyms at least 15 minutes in a day
- Revise all concepts of Quant every day to score 160+ marks SSC CGL Tier 1
Section-wise Good/Safe Attempts & Time to devote in each section
Here are the sectional marks you need to and can score 160+ marks SSC CGL Tier 1:
|Subjects||Score||Time to be spent|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40+||21-22 Mins|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||35+||13-14 Mins|
|General Awareness||35+||9-10 Mins|
|English Language||30+||13-14 Mins|
SSC CGL Tier 1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The candidates can check the following questions which are commonly asked regarding SSC CGL:
Q. Is there sectional cut off in SSC CGL?
A. No. There is no sectional cut off in SSC CGL exam. There is only overall cut off applied.
Q. How many attempts are there in SSC CGL exam?
A. There is no limit to the number of attempts in SSC CGL. Rather, it depends on the age of the candidate. Candidates who are of the age 18-30 only can apply for the exam. Rest of the individuals cannot.
Share your thoughts/queries here!