Scope After Clearing CTET Exam
CTET (Central Teachers Eligibility Test) is an exam which is conducted twice every year by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) in order to recruit eligible teachers for primary and upper primary level in schools.
It is mandatory for all the candidates to clear the exam with at least 60% to qualify it. But that is only one of the conditions to get recruited. Many students who achieve 60% marks fail to fulfill other conditions.
As the examination is scheduled on December 8, 2019, candidates must make sure they download CTET Admit Card well in advance.
So, this article has all the career prospects for the students to ponder over the possibilities and scope after clearing the CTET Exam.
Scope After Clearing CTET Exam
CTET is one of the most difficult competitive exams for teaching. If a person has scored 60% in this exam, they have already achieved the minimum CTET Eligibility to become a teacher.
- Candidates can directly apply in Central Government Schools (KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO etc) for a teaching job
- If not that, then the individuals can opt for State Government Teaching jobs
- This year, the first session has already been done and the second one is taking place on December 08, 2019, check CTET Exam Dates
- It is to be noted that a person cannot apply for the government teaching jobs without holding a qualifying CTET Certificate
- Candidate’s certificate of qualifying the exam will be valid for 7 years from the date of CTET Result declaration
- The individuals who have not completed their B.Ed cannot apply for CTET
CTET Certificate Significance
The candidates who have qualified CTET have a lot of scope in the teaching field. Some of the benefits of achieveing CTET Certificate are as follows:
- Having a CTET certificate means one is fulfilling the minimum eligibility condition to be recruited for the central government teaching job. This works as an added bonus for one’s job profile
- With a CTET certificate, students are eligible to apply for all Central Government Teaching Jobs such as KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc.
- Candidates can also apply for teaching jobs in some state government area
- Many Privates Institute only ask for a qualifying CTET certificate for teacher recruitment
- Most of the Union Territories only demand qualified individuals in Regular/Contractual teacher recruitment
CTET Certificate Applicability
Schools under the administrative control of Union Territories like Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and NCT of Delhi also demand and accept CTET Certificates to recruit teachers in their schools.
- The Central Government (KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.) accepts the CTET Qualified Individuals
- Other than schools which are affiliated to CBSE, many private schools have also begun to demand CTET Certificate for hiring teachers
- The students who write CTET shall stay vigilant regarding upcoming vacancies in various schools
- Individuals can also run their own Tuition Centers with the subject they have mastered in
CTET Job Profile
CTET will be held to recruit talented teachers in Central Governments Schools. Once an individual clears the exam, they are eligible to register for primary teachers in Central Government Schools.
If one is seeking the job of a Primary Teacher, the CTET certification (qualified) is accepted in the recruitment procedure.
Primary Teacher Job
Many opportunities are there when it comes to the job of primary teacher. Some of them are discussed as follows:
- A senior teacher in a primary school
- Headmaster in a primary school
- Assistant Teacher in a primary school
- A senior teacher in Upper Primary School
- Principal in higher grade schools
The job of Primary teachers falls under the state government. So their salary is different in different states of the country. The salary and pay scale for a primary teacher is mentioned below:
|HRA (in rural areas)||1350|
|Gross earnings||27000 (Approximate)|
Share your thoughts/queries here!