SBI PO Selection Process 2020:Check to know more
- SBI PO Selection Process 2020
- SBI PO Selection Process: Highlights
- SBI PO Selection Process
- SBI Bank PO Selection Process 2020 for Prelims (Stage 1)
- SBI Bank PO Selection Process 2020 for Mains (Stage 2)
- SBI PO Exam Selection Process for Mains: Objective Test
- SBI PO Exam Selection Process for Mains: Descriptive Test
- SBI PO Exam Selection Process for Mains: Group Discussion and Interview
- SBI Bank PO Selection Process: Final Procedure
The State Bank of India is going to release official SBI PO Notification 2020 soon. Candidates appearing for the exam can go through the complete article to know the detailed SBI PO Selection Process 2020.
SBI PO Selection Process 2020
The SBI officials conduct the SBI PO Exam annually in order to recruit some excellent and talented employees to the Bank. Every year, thousands of candidates apply for the SBI PO exam. This year, the expected vacancy is approximately 3000
- Candidates must fulfill the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form.
- Firstly, candidates’ age must be between 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
- Secondly, candidates must possess an official degree from a recognized educational institute
- There are a total of 3 stages in the SBI PO 2020 Selection Process: Prelims Exam, Mains Exam, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview
- Most importantly, the candidates must read the instructions and guidelines before they apply for the exam
- Candidates have to clear all the stages if they want to be recruited in the SBI PO 2020 Exam.
- Candidates are advised to fill the SBI PO Application Form on or before the last date.
- Besides that, the application fee for Reserved candidates is 100/- and unreserved candidates is 600/-
SBI PO Selection Process: Highlights
The following table has some main highlights regarding the SBI PO exam. All candidates must go through the table below:
|Exam Name||SBI PO (State Bank of India Probationary Officer)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Level of the Exam||All India Level|
|Number of Vacancies||Will update later|
|The registration process will start from||June 2020 (Expected)|
|Closing date of registration||June 2020 (Expected)|
|Registration Fee||Rs.600/-(UR) & Rs.100/-(R)|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||July 2020 (Expected)|
|Main Exam Date||August 2020|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & Interview/ Group Discussion|
SBI PO Selection Process
SBI Officials recruit candidates on the basis of their performance and marks in the Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview. As per the SBI PO Exam Dates, the Prelims exam is expected to take place in the month of July 2020. Before starting the preparation, it is important for candidates to know the detailed SBI PO Syllabus 2020.
If the candidate does not clear the Prelims Exam, they cannot sit in the Mains exam and so on. They have to clear the previous stage in order to appear in the next one.
SBI Bank PO Selection Process 2020 for Prelims (Stage 1)
Prelims Exam is a qualifying exam. The candidates have to clear three subjects in this exam: English, Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability.
- Firstly, it is an objective type exam
- Secondly, the exam has to be finished in 1 hour
- There is a negative marking of 1/4 for every wrong answer
- The exam will take place in an Online mode
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|English language||30 Questions||30 marks||Composite time of 1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 Questions||35 marks|
|Reasoning ability||35 Questions||35 marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 marks|
SBI Bank PO Selection Process 2020 for Mains (Stage 2)
The SBI PO Selection Process has two stages. The first stage is the Prelims Exam. The second stage is the Mains Exam. So, the Mains exam has two different further exams:
- Objective Exam
- Descriptive Exam
SBI PO Exam Selection Process for Mains: Objective Test
Solving SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers will help candidates to better prepare for the exam. The table given below has the complete details regarding the SBI Clerk Mains Objective Test 2020. The students should go through the information carefully:
- Firstly, the questions appear in Objective form
- Secondly, the Objective Test will have 4 subjects covered: Reasoning, Data Analysis, Economy & Banking, and English
- In an objective test, there is negative marking for 1/4 marks for every wrong answer attempted by the student
- The objective test is for a total of 200 marks
|Paper Sections||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Exam Selection Process for Mains: Descriptive Test
The information given below is all about the SBI Clerk Mains Descriptive Test for the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020. All candidates must check thoroughly:
- The descriptive paper of SBI PO Mains exam comprises of 50 marks
- The students need to complete the exam within 30 minutes
- The candidates have to give this test in online mode immediately after the completion of the objective test
- The exam’s purpose is to check the candidate’s English writing abilities as well as understanding
SBI PO Exam Selection Process for Mains: Group Discussion and Interview
The marks secured in Objective and Descriptive tests of SBI PO Mains 2020 will be the criteria to select candidates for Group Exercise and Interview. The Group Discussion/Activity will be of 20 marks and Interview will be of 30 marks.
- The candidates need to secure at least the cut off marks in order to qualify this stage.
- SBI will prepare the final merit list based on the aggregate marks secured by candidates in the Mains exam.
- Up to 3 times the number of the candidates will be shortlisted for the Group Discussion & Interview from the merit list in descending order
- Group Discussion is for 20 marks
- The personal interview round consists of 30 marks
SBI Bank PO Selection Process: Final Procedure
The marks you score in the SBI PO Prelims Exam or stage 1 is only for qualifying purpose. Only the marks obtained in SBI PO Mains Exam i.e Stage 2- both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview (Stage-3) for preparing the final merit list.
- Firstly, the candidates need to qualify both Stage 2 and Stage 3 exams separately
- The marks one acquires in the Mains Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) out of 25.
- The exam authorities will select the candidates from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- Results of the candidates who qualify for Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview as well as the final select list will be made available on the Bank’s Official website.
Share your thoughts/queries here!