SBI PO Preparation Tips 2019
- SBI PO Preparation Tips
- SBI PO Preparation Tips: Exam highlights
- SBI PO Exam Pattern
- Section-wise Preparation Tips for SBI PO Exam 2019
- SBI PO Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude/Maths
- SBI PO Preparation Tips for the English Language
- SBI PO Preparation Tips: General Awareness
- Reasoning Preparation Tips for SBI PO
- SBI PO Exam Extra Preparation Tips 2019
SBI PO Preparation Tips 2019 | The candidates might be busy thinking about how to prepare for the upcoming SBI PO exam 2019. Preparing for a highly competitive exam was never easy and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to ace the exam
Covering all the subject in one go is not the task here, the students need to be more specific on what to take up and what not. SBI PO 2018 Notification is supposed to maintain the same level of the question paper as it always does
SBI PO Preparation Tips
The candidates who really want to crack this exam must read the entire article until the end. Best Preparation Strategy is something which is the most required for the candidates who want to pass or clear the exam
- Firstly, candidates need to understand the syllabus and exam pattern
- Secondly, there must be a study plan self-made or otherwise
- Candidates should take out a certain amount of time for each subject in SBI PO
- Candidates must know SBI PO Syllabus accurately
- Also, the students need to buy the best and top rated book s from the market or online
- It will be a very helpful factor to cut down the usage of cell phones until the exam
- Moreover, students should be completely focussed on their studies than any other thing around them
- Candidates must go through SBI PO Exam Pattern
- Candidates also need to master the time-management element if they want to crack the exam
- Time-management and Focus only come with practicing
- The more practice time is being given, the better chances keep getting of cracking the paper
- Besides that, we always recommend candidates to attempt more and more Mock Tests
- All the students must know what SBI PO Important Documents to carry to the exam hall
- Most importantly, the candidates must add practicing previous year question papers in their study plan
SBI PO Preparation Tips: Exam highlights
The following table has the main highlights of the SBI PO exam. The candidates must check the table below:
|Exam Name||SBI PO (State Bank of India Probationary Officer)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Level of the Exam||All India Level|
|Number of Vacancies||Will update later|
|The registration process will start from||April 2019|
|Closing date of registration||May 2019|
|Registration Fee||Rs.600/-(UR) & Rs.100/-(R)|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||July 2019|
|Main Exam Date||August 2019|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & Interview/ Group Discussion|
SBI PO Exam Pattern
Before going any further, the first and foremost important thing to understand is the SBI PO Exam Pattern. Once the candidates are well-versed with the exam pattern, it will be easier for them to judge which topic to fetch on priority. Below given is the updated pattern of SBI PO exam
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The candidates can go through the following information regarding the SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
- The SBI PO Prelims is a one-hour exam
- The questions are asked for 100 marks.
- The candidates have to attempt it online
- It is attempted online by all the candidates
|Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|English Language||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
SBI PO Mains Exam is the second phase of the SBI PO exam. The candidates must go through the information given below:
- The candidates who cleared Stage 1 can write this paper
- Secondly, it is a 3 hours test for 155 marks
- Candidates must clear this stage in order to reach the GD (group discussion) level
|Section||No. of Qs||Duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45||60 mins|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||45 mins|
|General awareness||40||35 mins|
|English language||35||40 mins|
Section-wise Preparation Tips for SBI PO Exam 2019
There are many tips and tricks given below in the article which all candidates must read:
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude/Maths
The candidates must check out the briefly explained preparation tips for Quantitative Aptitude as follows:
- Learn all mathematical formulae
- Solve Previous years questions
- Solve SBI PO Mains mock Test regularly
- Take out at least 3 hours to devote to Maths
- Do not cram the formulas
- Practice a lot!
Faster Calculations equals to Faster Results.
The Maths section is all about calculations. And, in this scenario, the candidates have to work on their speed because there are so many numerical which are to be solved in the limited time. Candidates must read the following strategies regarding the SBI PO Preparation tips:
- Since the aspirants have to solve the questions of data interpretation and logical reasoning in the examination, the calculation speed will play as an important factor.
- Knowledge of Tables from 1 to 20 should be by heart along with the knowledge of making faster multiplication
- Practicing every day will be a great help
- Candidates should definitely practice at least 2 Mock Tests regularly
Also read: SBI PO Selection Process 2019
Quantitative Aptitude Strategy
The Maths section is not to be panic on. It is to be told to the candidates that it is all about how much effort one puts in. Kindly read the following steps for SBI PO Preparation tips while preparing for the GK section:
- Quantitative Aptitude can snatch a majority of their time they have preserved for all the sections.
- For the Quantitative Aptitude section, the students need to target a section of questions and try to answer about 25 correctly.
- If the students are sure about the answers, then it is advised to cut out the complex ones so that they have some more time left in your hand to handle questions from other sections
SBI PO Preparation Tips for the English Language
The students must take help of the following tips in order to crack the English section of SBI PO:
- Students often underestimate this section
- Improve in areas like one-word substitution, phrase replacement, idioms, and phrases, synonyms, and antonyms
- Read books like SP Bakshi, RS Aggarwal, Plinth to Paramount, etc
- Practice, Practice, Practice is the only way to go
- Use apps like Dictionary.com and Oxford English Dictionary to learn new words
- Solve Mock Tests
- Practice Previous year question papers regularly
- Also, devote at least 3 hours to the English section
Focus on Grammar
The English cannot be even started to learn if one is not beginning it with the knowledge of Grammar. The candidates should follow the steps below for SBI PO Preparation tips in order to understand aspects of English Grammar:
- When it comes to the SBI PO Exam, students find the grammar section easiest
- If the students have a clear concept on the use of basic elements such as preposition and adjective, they can easily get through this section with a heavy score
- The candidates should spend only a few seconds while answering
- Hence, the students can save time for the rest of the sections
Guess’ in English Can Cost you
The guessing game, no matter how strong it is, never works. So, candidates are advised to properly prepare for the exam and then go to attempt it. The students must read the following steps for the GK section of SBI PO Preparation tips:
- When it comes to solving English section questions, the students either already know the meaning of a particular word or they do not.
- There is simply no point in wasting time after a single word and thinking that they can derive its meaning with some stares at the options.
- Again, do not play the guessing game
- The guessing game is risky
Slow for the Comprehension
Read the following steps for SBI PO Preparation tips in order to understand some aspects of Comprehension:
- Though there is a scarcity of time, students should always prefer to read the comprehension slowly.
- This allows them to understand the context of the comprehension better and they can easily score well on the paper
- On the other hand, if they speed up reading the comprehension, they will be required to read it over and over
SBI PO Preparation Tips: General Awareness
The students must take help of the following tips in order to crack the GK section:
- General Knowledge comes only with reading but is a very scoring section
- General Knowledge books for reference should be Manorama Yearbook, Lucent GK Book, etc
- Cover all important subjects like banking awareness, history, geography, political science, economics, computer, etc
- Revise all current affairs that have happened in the last 6-12 months
- Current affairs section can be prepared with the help of newspapers, news apps or books
- Try to understand the events rather than cramming the dates
- Candidates normally tend to look forward to avoiding the General Awareness section.
- Focusing on general knowledge questions can give you the edge over all other students.
- When others would be working hard and trying to make the ends meet by minutes after minutes efforts to solve complex problems for just one mark, the candidates would have already solved dozens of general knowledge questions
Check: SBI PO Interview Tips
Reasoning Preparation Tips for SBI PO
The candidates can always go for getting better and better at logic and reasoning. The following tips would help a lot:
- Firstly, candidates should play games which require the reasoning intellect
- Secondly, the students must solve puzzles, the difficult ones
- Candidates should study the top-rated reasoning books
- Also, the reasoning section is the easiest one to prepare for, there is no need to panic
Know more about: SBI PO Admit Card
Logical Reasoning – The Tricky One
The Logical Reasoning section is very easy. The candidates must follow the strategies of SBI PO Preparation tips given below:
- Dealing with the logical reasoning section can be very tricky.
- One has to keep patience as well as fast in making calculations.
- Though the problem may take about 5-7 minutes to get solved, one will end up answering 5-6 questions correctly.
- Solving 30 questions is more than enough
Know more about SBI PO Application Form
SBI PO Exam Extra Preparation Tips 2019
The candidates must read the following preparation tips for SBI PO exam 2019:
SBI PO Exam: Time Management
Time-Management is the most important factors when we go to attempt any competitive exam. We have personally formed some important aspects of it. Kindly read the following:
- Time management is one of the basic keys which will help you to crack not only SBI PO Exam but many more exams in your life
- Dividing your time judiciously will give you a proper time frame for each and every topic
- Knowing how much time is needed for any topic, the candidates will be adept at solving questions easily and fastly as well
Confused? Move on to the Next Question
There are many times we feel confused during the exam. There is no need to worry at that time. Read the helpful SBI PO Preparation tips and tricks given below and move on:
- The most common mistake which is made by most of the candidates in SBI PO exams is solving each and every question
- When the students are over-confident, they try to solve the complex questions
- This ends up in time loss as well as negative marking
Cool Mind Can Solve Any Problem
There is absolutely no reason to get all nervous. Even if one gets, it never comes out as a positive effect. So, read the following tricks and use them in case of nervousness:
- Try to remain as cool as possible.
- Getting anxious or stressed is a common problem before the exam.
- Overstressing can make the willpower weak and the candidates might end up making mistakes.
- Have a good night’s sleep before the day of the exam and attempt the exam with a calm mind.
- Candidates must make sure that they have downloaded the SBI PO Mains Admit card and read all important instructions before you appear the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!