SBI PO Prelims 2019 | Know Application, Admit Card and other Prelims details
- Highlights – SBI PO Prelims 2019
SBI PO Prelims 2019:- State Bank of India, SBI released an official Notification for 2000 Probationary Officer (PO) posts. Eligible applicants can apply online for SBI PO 2019 till 22nd April 2019.
- SBI PO Prelims 2019 is scheduled to be conducted on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019.
- If you are yet to apply for SBI PO 2019, read our post on SBI PO Application Form 2019
- Call Letter for SBI PO Prelims will release in the third week of May. To learn more, read our post on SBI PO Admit Card 2019
- SBI PO Prelims Result will be published in the 1st week of July 2019.
- Applicants who will clear the SBI PO 2019 Prelims will be eligible to appear for SBI PO Mains 2019
- Prelims for SBI PO 2019 will have 3 sections namely English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- To know best tips, tricks & practices for SBI PO, read our post on SBI PO Preparation Tips 2019
Highlights – SBI PO Prelims 2019
|Name of the exam||Probationary Officer in State Bank of India or SBI PO|
|Conducting body||State Bank of India|
|Number of Posts offered||1|
|Number of Vacancies||2000 approx.|
|Salary||Basic: Rs. 27,620 and Total In-Hand: Rs. 40,000/-|
|Minimum Age limit||21 years|
|Sections (Prelims 2019)||English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability|
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Date||8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019|
|SBI PO Prelims Result||1st Week of July 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date (Prelims 2019)||3rd Week of May 2019|
|Selection Process||SBI PO Prelims, SBI PO Mains and Personal Interview|
SBI PO Prelims 2019
As the very first phase of the selection process, SBI conducts SBI PO Prelims examination to select Eligible candidates who can appear for the next phase of the selection process for SBI PO 2019.
This year, SBI will conduct the SBI PO Prelims 2019 on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019. Applicants can expect the official SBI PO Admit Card for Prelims in the 3rd week of May 2019.
As the examination for SBI PO Prelims 2019 is nearing its conduct, we have prepared this detailed post on SBI PO Prelims 2019 to make you aware of various details of SBI PO 2019 Prelims.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Dates 2019
As the Preliminary examination for SBI PO is nearing its conduct, we have brought for you, SBI PO Prelims Exam date to make you mark your calendar.
In the table below, we have mentioned SBI PO Prelims 2019 Exam Dates;
|SBI PO Notification will be published officially on||2nd April 2019|
|SBI PO Application Form will be available from||2nd April 2019 to 22nd April 2019|
|Call Letters for Pre-exam Training (SC/ST, Minorities) will be issued on||May 2019|
|Pre-exam Training Begins from||May 2019|
|SBI PO Prelims Admit Card will be available from||3rd week of May 2019|
|SBI PO Prelims Exam is scheduled for||8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019|
|SBI PO Result for Prelims will be published||1st week of July 2019|
To know SBI PO 2019 Exam dates post Prelims, read our post on SBI PO Mains 2019
Application Form – SBI PO Prelims 2019
SBI will conclude the process of online application for SBI PO 2019 on 22nd April 2019. To apply for SBI PO 2019, applicants need to be Eligible as per the Criteria set by the State Bank of India. To learn more about Eligibility, read our post on SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
If Eligible, aspirants can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for SBI PO 2019;
- Click on the Direct Registration Link
- Click on link “Career with us” on the home page.
- Select ‘SBI PO 2019 Application Form’.
- Fill the application form with complete details.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 × 300 pixels while the signature must be of 140 × 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that, click ‘Submit’ to move to a fee payment window.
Pay Application Fee
- The application fee for general category and OBC is INR 600 and INR 100 for reserved categories.
- Pay the Application Fee online and click on submit.
- Take a printout of the application form before submission for future reference.
- You will receive a registration ID, save it for future reference.
You may also like:- SBI PO Photo & Signature Upload
SBI PO Prelims Admit Card 2019
SBI will release the official SBI PO Prelims Admit Card 2019 in the 3rd week of May for the SBI PO Preliminary exam scheduled to be conducted on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019.
How to download SBI PO Prelims 2019 Admit Card?
Note:- We will update the direct link to download SBI PO Prelims Admit Card 2019 as soon as it is available on the official website of State Bank of India.
Direct link to download SBI PO 2019 Prelims Admit Card
- Click on the direct link mentioned above.
- Now, enter your Registration Number & Password (D.O.B) and click on enter.
- A new page will appear on the screen with downloaded SBI PO Prelims Admit Card.
- Save, Download & take a print out of the official SBI PO 2019 Prelims Admit Card for future reference.
To learn more about Admit Card, read our post on SBI PO Admit Card 2019
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
Phase I or Preliminary examination is the very first stage of SBI Selection Process. This will be an objective type of test. Candidates who will clear the preliminary exam will be eligible to write SBI PO mains examination.
Phase I (Preliminary exam)
Now, let’s look at the exam pattern for SBI PO Prelims to understand the pattern well;
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- The first stage of SBI PO will consist of 3 sections; English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability.
- The preliminary exam for SBI PO will last for 1 Hr (60 Minutes).
- There will be a total of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- As per the latest pattern, there is no sectional Cut Off in SBI PO Prelims exam. That means you will not have to score minimum marks in each section to get selected for the SBI PO Mains/ Phase II exam.
- Each correct answer will fetch you 1 mark and every wrong answer has negative marking scheme of 0.25 marks.
To know Exam Pattern for other stages of SBI PO, read our post on SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2019
The preliminary examination for SBI PO will have 3 sections; Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and English Language. Firstly, It is important to know Syllabus to prepare well for SBI PO Prelims 2019.
Important Topics (Prelims)
In the table below, we have mentioned important Topics for SBI PO Preliminary examination;
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination|
|Reasoning Ability||Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Directions, and Distances, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Grouping, and Selection|
|English Language||Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom meaning,|
To know Complete syllabus for all phases of SBI PO 2019, read our post on SBI PO Syllabus 2019
SBI PO Prelims Result 2019
SBI will release SBI PO Prelims Result in the 1st week of July 2019. We will provide a direct link to download official SBI PO Result below once it is available for download on the official website.
Direct link to download SBI PO Prelims Result 2019
- Click on the direct link provided above.
- Now, enter your Registration Number and Password (D.O.B) and click on submit.
- A new page will appear with official SBI PO Preliminary Result 2019.
- Download, save and take a print out of the SBI PO 2019 Prelims Result for future reference.
To know more about SBI PO 2019 Prelims Result, read our post on SBI PO Result 2019
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off (Expected & Previous Years)
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2019 (Expected)
As per the Cut Off trends, our experts prepared expected SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2019.
In the table below, we have mentioned Expected SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2019;
|Cut Off Marks
(Out of 100)
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2018(Overall Cut Off)
In the table below, we have mentioned Cut off scores of the SBI PO primarily exam which was conducted on 1st and 8th July 2018.
|Category||Cut Off(out of 100)|
SBI PO Prelims 2017 (Overall Cut Off)
In the table below, we have mentioned the category-wise cut off marks for SBI PO Prelims 2017
|Cut Off Marks
(Out of 100)
SBI PO Prelims 2016 (Overall Cut Off)
In the table below, we have mentioned the category-wise cut off marks for SBI PO Prelims 2016;
|Cut Off Marks
(Out of 100)
To learn more about the SBI PO Prelims Cut Off, read our post on SBI PO Cut Off
SBI PO Prelims Exam Centers
The tentative list of exam centers for SBI PO 2019 Prelims exam:
|State Code||Exam center||State/UT|
|11||Port Blair||Andaman & Nicobar|
|12||Chittoor, Ananthapur, Chirala, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Rajahmundhry, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Andhra Pradesh|
|13||Itanagar, Naharlagun||Arunachal Pradesh|
|14||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar Tezpur||Assam|
|15||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Patna, Purnea, Siwan, Samastipur||Bihar|
|17||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|19||Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar, Anand, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat||Gujarat|
|20||Hissar, Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Palwal, Yamunanagar||Haryana|
|21||Dharamshala, Baddi, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Una, Solan||Himachal Pradesh|
|22||Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar, Baramulla||Jammu & Kashmir|
|23||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jharkhand|
|24||Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mandya, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi, Mangalore||Karnataka|
|25||Alappuzha, Kochi, Kollam, Kannur, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrichur||Kerala|
|27||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Madhya Pradesh|
|28||Amaravati, Dhule Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nanded, Nasik, Nagpur, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara||Maharashtra|
|33||Faridabad, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon||Delhi-NCR|
|34||Angul, Jharsuguda, Balasore, Cuttack, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Odisha|
|36||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Fatehgarh Sahib, Mohali, Phagwara, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur||Punjab|
|37||Alwar, Ajmer, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Rajasthan|
|39||Coimbatore, Dindigul, Chennai, Krishnagiri, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Perambalur, Salem, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thoothukodi, Virudhunagar, Vellore||Tamilnadu|
|40||Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal, Karimnagar||Telangana|
|42||Aligarh, Agra, Allahabad, Bulandshaher, Bareilly, Faizabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Mathura, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|43||Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani||Uttarakhand|
|44||Bardhaman, Asansol, Berhampur, Durgapur, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri, Hooghly||West Bengal|
Share your thoughts/queries here!