SBI PO Mains 2016 – Subject wise preparation
SBI PO Mains 2016 consist of 155 questions from 4 sections which needs to be solved in a time
duration of 3 hours.
The SBI PO Mains 2016 will be conducted on 31 July 2016. You can get subjectwise preparation tips and guide here:
English Language :
- This section includes questions like finding common Errors, jumbled Sentence, jumbled Words, spelling errors, comprehension Test, filling the blanks, Phrase Meaning, Phrase Replacement, approximately 25 to 30 percent of the question weightage is possible that in the comprehension. Grammar and Vocabulary standard is Mandatory for English test on this SBI PO Exam. Grammar grip increases by continuous study as it is the main weapon. Speed reading also contributes English success. Reading speed should be around 200 wors per minute.In addition, also practice for the descriptive test. The descriptive test consist of Letter Writing, Precise writing, essay writing etc. So a good grammer and vocab is needed. Read English newspapers and watch english movies daily. Keep a dictionary in hand always to learn new words.Try to learn at least 10 new words along with its antonyms, synonyms, sentence formation and usage etc.
- This section is intended to judge the level of understanding of the social aspects of the candidates. It includes awaress from computer section, banking section, markerting and financial section.This is the most important section of SBI PO Exam. This section acquires more importance because this is the only section which can be attempted quickly and at the same time, very high marks can be scored in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Banking Knowledge,Current Affairs, Oscar Awards, Organizations and Headquarters, Important Days, Famous Persons and their Roles, Award Winners, Books and Authors Games and Cups and Abbreviations.The most important questions for Computer Knowledge are on the topics such as Computer History, Computers-Generations, Internet, Founders and Inventors, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PPT, and MS Outlook), Operating System, Computer Hardware & Software and Abbreviations for Computer terms, Storage Devices,Computer organization & Microprocessor, Latest changes in Technology, Data Base Management Systems and Computer Networks.
You can follow these tips:
(a) Listen and read National news on daily basis.
(b) Go through the General Awareness books such as Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan on monthly basis.
(c) Study the last budget passed by the Central Government. Also study latest bank policies and banking terms.
(d) Aware of all changes around the world 6-7 months before the date of the Exam.
Reasoning (High Level) :
- Questions include Critical, logical analysis, to identify key words in question need to be eagle-eyed. Series, analogy, Classifications, directions, Blood Relations, alphabetical orders, numbers need to prepare for it. Coding, and decoding, Ranking, Order of arrangement etc.Reasoning is a test of observing our mental and problem solving ability. Reasoning is not like numerical skill where you learn some formula and solve question by applying that formula.Understand the question before solving it. Don’t take much time for single question.You have to be very careful while answering these questions.Practice similar questions from previous model papers or previous year’s exam papers are the key to do well in this section.The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Seating Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Missing Characters, Odd Man out, Ranking Test, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Directions. Non-Verbal is the toughest of all.
Which questions you have to attempt first :
It’s better to attempt first those questions on which you are very confident and you can attempt in a minimum time.Please do not start with Seating Arrangement/ Puzzle type’s questions because once you stuck in these questions, you will lose your valuable time.
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- This section contains the basic mathematical questions. Before exercising such questions, it is better to go through the basic mathematical formula and learn some short cuts to solve the questions in lesser time. In this section, the questions act as Calculation Instruments. This section is extremely scoring and the right understanding of the problem can help the aspirants to sail through this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Number Systems, Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Time & Work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Problems on Ages,Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Average, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Partnership and Data Interpretation.
- For SBI PO descriptive test,you have to get familiar with essay writing, letter writing and precise writing. Practice essays from trending and popular topics. Know the format of formal and informal letters. Follow the given word limit.
Share your thoughts/queries here!