SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 – Know Selection process for SBI Clerk
Know all details about SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 including the different phases of exam, new exam pattern with sectional timing and final section procedure.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 has been revised. The notification of recruitment was issued by SBI Recruitment department with the announcement of a total vacancy of 8301 Posts. Among these 7200 posts are under Regular vacancies while the remaining 1101 posts come under Backlog Category vacancy. The application process was accepted within 20th January 2018 to 10th February 2018. Therefore, now you must get the idea of the revised SBI Clerk Selection Process. The total procedure shall be in 2 Phases. Phase I consisting of online Prelims Examination and Phase II will be the online-mode Mains Examination. Furthermore, there will be a test of opted local language. Hence it is a golden opportunity for all those aspirants who aim to join SBI. Learn about all the phases in details below.
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination
Prelims Exam is an online mode exam consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections. Most noteworthy, SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 is introducing sectional timing. Hence candidates need to get themselves acquainted with a smart time management strategy. You can find the detail exam pattern for Prelims here.
SBI Clerk 2018 Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three sections by securing cut-off marks to be decided by the Bank.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as according to Bank’s decision (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase – II : Mains Examination
The Mains Exam for SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 shall be consisting of 4 sections. Sectional timing has also been introduced in Mains exam that shall be a 2 hours 40 minutes online test. Candidates need a lot of practice and likewise thorough idea of the SBI Clerk Selection Process to score well. You can go through the table below to get the details of the sectional timing.
SBI Clerk 2018 Main Exam Pattern:
|Serial Number||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||25 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
Important Notes for SBI Clerk Selection Process
- First of all each test will have different timing.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. The candidates have to qualify in each of the Tests by obtaining passing marks.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be penalty for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level.
- Candidates have to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, relaxation of 5% will be available there on).
- Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will also be the decision of the Bank Authority.
Check out the SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2018.
SBI CLerk Selection Process – Opted Local Language
After clearing the mains exam, there is another conditional language test phase for making to the final selection list. Candidates who produce 10th standard mark sheet/certificate having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. While in case of other SBI Clerk Mains qualifiers, they have to certainly sit for a Language test (local) at the time of interview /before final selection .
Therefore, you are subject to disqualification if you are not found to be proficient in official and/or local language.
Final Selection for SBI Clerk Exam 2018
Prelims exam (Phase-I) for SBI Clerk is only a screening test and hence the marks obtained will not matter. As a result only the aggregate marks you obtain in Main Examination (Phase-II) will decide your position for final merit list. Final selection will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination), performance in the local language test and above all on document verification for eligibility of the post.
Keep visiting us for latest updates and notifications related to SBI Clerk Examination. If you have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!