SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 – Know Selection process for SBI Clerk
Know Step by step selection process for SBI Clerk – SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018 is based on three phased Examination process. The selection process for SBI Clerk will consist of on-line tests (preliminary & main examinations) and a personal Interview. The application for the same has already started from 20th January 2018. This is a great oppurtunity for all the SBI Clerk aspirants as State Bank of India notified a total vacancy of 8301 posts. knowledge of official and/or local language is also required in order to qualify the SBI Clerk Examination. Final selection will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination) and interview combined together. In this article, You will learn about detail selection process for SBI Clerk 2018.
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
SBI Clerk 2018 Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase – II : Mains Examination
The structure of main examination (online objective type) would be as follows :
SBI Clerk 2018 Main Exam Pattern:
|Serial Number||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||25 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- Each test will have different timing as mentioned above.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by obtaining passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level.
- Candidates are also required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, relaxation of 5% will be available there on).
- Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
Phase – III : Interview (subject to Govt. of India approval)
- Candidates qualified in the test (main examination) will be placed according to their marks in descending order in respective categories.
- Depending upon the number of vacancies, only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ST/ OBC/PWD/XS category will be available thereon.
- Interview call letters will be uploaded on the Bank’s website after declaration of result of online test. Candidates will have to download the same from our website. No hard copy of interview call letter will be sent by post
Check out the SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2018.
knowledge of official and/or local language:
Candidates who produce 10th standard mark sheet/certificate having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others, language test will be conducted at the time of interview /before final selection.
Candidates not found to be proficient in official and/or local language would be disqualified.
Marks secured in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be added to the marks obtained in Interview (Phase-III) (if interview is held) for the preparation of final merit list. Final selection will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination) and interview combined together.
Stay tuned for latest updates and notifications related to SBI Clerk Examination. If you have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!