SBI Clerk Salary 2019 | Structure, Perks & Other Allowances
- SBI Clerk Salary 2019
- SBI Clerk 2019 Salary Structure
- SBI Clerk Perks and Allowance
- Other Benefits in SBI Clerk Salary
- SBI Clerk Salary Increment
- Emoluments offered under SBI Clerk 2019
- SBI Clerk in Hand Salary 2019 & Salary Slip
- SBI Clerk Job Profile 2019
- SBI Clerk Growth & Responsibilities
- SBI Clerk Promotions
- How To Apply For SBI Clerk Exam?
The State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the largest public sector banks all over India. If any candidate is working in the SBI, it means that they are having great stability in their career. The SBI Clerk Salary is discussed in detail below
The Prelims Exam had taken place on June 22 & 23, 2019. The SBI Clerk Result for Prelims will be out soon.
- The salary pay scale of an SBI Clerk is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/728110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540.
- According to the official notification, the total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at a Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs. 20,950/-per month inclusive of Dearness Allowance (D.A.) and other allowances.
- The starting Compensation Salary for an individual is Rs11,765/-. Also, there will be a year-on-year increment of Rs655/- along with the Basic pay
- SBI does not only provide a satisfactory salary but also, a nice work environment which enables the individual to grow professionally
- As an SBI Clerk, the individual has to handle day-to-day activities in the bank, read SBI Clerk Job Profile
SBI Clerk Salary 2019
The students should check the SBI Clerk information given below:
- SBI Clerk salary in Class Y cities: Rs. 20,000/-
- SBI Clerk salary in Class Z cities: Rs. 19,000/-
- Bank clerk salary in SBI is about Rs. 2000/- higher (on an average) in
- comparison to clerks in other banks. The difference is due to the extra allowances that SBI offers to its clerks.
|Total (without HRA)||Rs.18413.37/-|
|Gross with HRA||Rs.19589.87/-|
SBI Clerk 2019 Salary Structure
The SBI has an excellent salary structure for all the aspirants joining as Clerk or Banking Associate post. Other than handsome salary, SBI also offers several nice allowances to their employees.
|SBI Clerk Salary Components|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||This component of SBI Clerk Salary is revised 4 times a year. It is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The DA elevates when the inflation is high and vice versa.|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||The HRA is totally dependent on the city of SBI Clerk’s posting. In Metro cities, the HRA is high. In rural areas, the HRA is less.|
SBI Clerk Perks and Allowance
SBI Clerk will be eligible for various perquisites, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities, as per the instructions of the Bank issued from time to time.
Some of the allowances that the SBI bestows on its Junior Associates in the clerical cadre are:
- Medical Cover
- Petrol Allowance
- Vehicle Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Two Year Sabbatical (Leave) for female clerks as maternity leave or children’s education
- Briefcase Allowance
- Entertainment Allowance: TV & Cable
Dearness Allowance (DA)
- This allowance is revised on a quarterly basis in the months of February, May, August, and November. It is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) as declared by the Government of India. When inflation is high, DA goes up and when inflation falls, DA goes down.
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
This allowance depends on the place of posting. Employees posted in metros like Mumbai, Delhi, etc. are given a better HRA in comparison to those posted in other cities.
- Junior Agricultural Associates will be eligible to get an additional amount, called Special Pay, of Rs. 490/- p.m. which is reckoned for DA, HRA and superannuation benefits
- Apart from the above, SBI Clerk Salary also includes various perquisites like Furniture Allowance, House Maintenance Allowance, Books & Magazine Allowance, Briefcase Allowance, Reimbursement of Telephone Bills, etc
The leave policy of SBI is flexible. It gives 33 days privilege leave and 12 days casual leaves to the SBI employees. In case any woman is pregnant, they have the advantage to remain on leave for 2 years.
Single parent or aged parents can also take sabbatical leave for 2 years. These maternal or paternal leave is exclusive to casual and privilege leaves respectively. If the employee does not want to take privilege leaves then, in that case, he/she can convert their number of leaves in cash
The bank also proffers its employees the travel opportunity with nice guest houses, holiday homes as a whole package. The position of SBI clerks are also offered to travel to some big cities or tourist places in India itself
The Bank offers 100% of medical advantages to the SBI employees. Not only this much but their families are also given the advantage of 75% medical reimbursement in case of any injury, sickness, or hospitalization
Other Benefits in SBI Clerk Salary
There are many benefits along with the salary of SBI Clerk. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Pension under New Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Flexible working timings
- Medical Insurance
- Financial Security
- Provident Fund
- Nice work environment, etc.
SBI Clerk Salary Increment
The table below has the details of SBI Clerk salary increment. All candidates must check:
|Basic Pay Scale||Rs. 11,765/-|
|Annual Increment||Rs. 655/-|
|After 3 years||Increase to Rs. 13,730/-|
|After another 3 years||Rs. 16,715 /|
|After another 4 years||Rs. 20,095/|
|After another 7 years||Rs. 28,110/-|
|Maximum salary||Rs. 31,450/-|
Emoluments offered under SBI Clerk 2019
- For Employees residing in Metro Cities, like Mumbai, the monthly starting emoluments of Clerical cadre employee is approximately Rs. 23600/- inclusive of DA (Dearness Allowance) and other allowances at the current rate.
- After being selected as SBI Clerk, candidates will be eligible for various other perks like Pension (Under the New Pension Scheme, NPS), Leave Fare, Medical Facilities, and Provident Fund, etc.
SBI Clerk in Hand Salary 2019 & Salary Slip
The total in-hand salary of SBI Clerk, after all the possible deductions, varies as per the place of posting. SBI Clerk in – hand salary usually lies in the range of INR20000/- INR23000/- (as per posting location).
SBI Clerk Salary Slip
Below, we have mentioned a Payslip for SBI Clerk Salary
SBI Clerk Job Profile 2019
The candidates who plan to write the SBI Clerk Exam must already understand the job profile and job responsibilities of SBI Clerk. The following-mentioned are the details regarding the SBI Clerk Job Profile & Responsibilities. All candidates must check:
- Firstly, the post of SBI Clerk is an entry-level position
- Secondly, there is a probation period of 6 months in which candidates have to complete a 15 prescribed e-lessons
- In the e-lessons, the candidates will be taught all the responsibilities and functions of the position of SBI Clerk
- In case the candidate fails to understand the e-lessons, their probation period will be extended
SBI Clerk Job Responsibilities
The candidates must read and go through the SBI Clerk Job Responsibilities as follows:
- The candidates will deal with the customers and their queries
- Secondly, the person at the job must be able to solve the doubts of the customers
- Also, they will handle the accounts, cheque-books, and drafts of the clients
- Moreover, the SBI clerk will make calls on several purposes to the customers
- The candidate will also take care of the activities at the deposit counters related to cash withdrawal
SBI Clerk Growth & Responsibilities
SBI Clerk has extreme growth chances and pathways which are way better than clerks of any other government banks. Moreover, they can reach as high as General Manager. However, based on the posts, there will always be a specific eligibility criterion that they have to meet. Also, they will have to appear for the important exams and/or interviews
As you can see, the SBI Clerk is an amazing job to start one’s banking career. The SBI Clerk Salary is decent enough for an entry-level government job. The other benefits and growth opportunities too make it one of the most desirable jobs in India.
SBI Clerk Promotions
The State Bank of India conducts internal written examinations which the candidates are meant to clear if they want to be promoted. There are more things in regard to the Promotions in SBI Clerk Job which are mentioned as follows:
- At the time an SBI Clerk completes 3 years with a CAIIB that is Certificate Association of the Indian Institute of Banking or if they have completed 4 years experience with JAIIB that is Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Banking Certification, they are eligible to be promoted to a Trainee Officer
- After 6 years of service as an SBI Clerk, the candidates are eligible to give the internal written examination to be promoted to a Trainee Officer, that the State Bank of India holds. A Trainee Officer is as similar as Probationary Officer i.e PO
- The Probation Period lasts for 2 years for an SBI PO. They will be given a rank of Junior Management Grade Scale-I or JMGS-I
- After the completion of 2 years as PO, the person will get the position of Middle Management Grade Scale-II
- Any individual who directly wants a PO post must give SBI PO Exam
How To Apply For SBI Clerk Exam?
There would be many candidates desiring to register for the SBI clerk exam. So, the students can apply for the exam by following table steps given below:
- Candidates must start by clicking here to apply for SBI Clerk 2019, Click Here
- Then, they will fill all the particulars given on the application form
- Also, upload the required documents accurately and carefully
- Then, candidates will pay the application fee through net banking/ credit card/ debit card
- Now, the students will submit the filled SBI Clerk Recruitment application form
- Take a print of the fee payment form for reference
Share your thoughts/queries here!