SBI Clerk Salary 2020 Check Allowances, Perks & In Hand Salary
- SBI Clerk Salary 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020 Salary Structure
- SBI Clerk Perks
- SBI Clerk Allowances
- Other Benefits in SBI Clerk Salary
- SBI Clerk Salary Increment
- Emoluments offered under SBI Clerk 2020
- SBI Clerk in Hand Salary 2020 & Salary Slip
- SBI Clerk Job Profile 2020
- SBI Clerk Career Growth & Responsibilities
- SBI Clerk Promotions
- SBI Clerk Transfer Policy
- SBI Clerk FAQ’s
The State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the largest public sector banks all over India. It holds the authority to recruit Clerical cadre in different branches across India through the SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) Exam. Interested candidates can go through the complete post to know the SBI Clerk Salary, perks, and other allowances.
- As per the SBI Notification, the total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at a Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs. 20,950/-per month inclusive of Dearness Allowance (D.A.) and other allowances.
- Every year, lakhs of students appear for the exam due to its high paid salary and job profile.
- The in-hand salary of SBI Clerk is INR 13,075 including perks and other benefits.
- The job responsibilities of an SBI Clerk involves dealing with the customers and their queries, handle the accounts, cheque-books, and drafts of the clients, and make calls on several purposes to the customers.
- They also have to take care of the activities at the deposit counters related to cash withdrawal.
- This year, it is expected that more than 8000 SBI Clerk Vacancies will be released by the State Bank of India.
SBI Clerk Salary 2020
The students should check the SBI Bank Clerk Salary information given below:
- SBI Clerk salary in Class Y cities: Rs. 20,000/-
- SBI Clerk salary in Class Z cities: Rs. 19,000/-
- Bank clerk salary in SBI is about Rs. 2000/- higher (on average) in
- comparison to clerks in other banks. The difference is due to the extra allowances that SBI offers to its clerks.
|Total (without HRA)||Rs.18413.37/-|
|Gross with HRA||Rs.19589.87/-|
SBI Clerk 2020 Salary Structure
The Salary of SBI Clerk is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/728110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540, which means the starting Compensation Salary for an individual is Rs11,765/-. Also, there will be a year-on-year increment of Rs655/- along with the Basic pay.
The SBI has an excellent salary structure for all the aspirants joining as Clerk or Banking Associate post. Other than a handsome salary, SBI also offers several nice allowances to its employees.
|SBI Clerk Salary Components|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||This component of the SBI Clerk Salary is revised 4 times a year. It is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The DA elevates when the inflation is high and vice versa.|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||The HRA is totally dependent on the city of SBI Clerk’s posting. In Metro cities, the HRA is high. In rural areas, the HRA is less.|
SBI Clerk Perks
SBI Clerk will be eligible for various perquisites, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare, and other facilities, as per the instructions of the Bank issued from time to time.
Apart from these perks, an SBI Clerk will also get financial security, stability, and Medical Insurance. Moreover, working with the central government is a great opportunity for candidates.
SBI Clerk Allowances
Apart from the basic salary, some of the allowances that the SBI bestows on its Junior Associates in the clerical cadre includes:
- Medical Allowance
- Petrol Allowance
- Vehicle Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Two Year Sabbatical (Leave) for female clerks as maternity leave or children’s education
- Briefcase Allowance
- Entertainment Allowance: TV & Cable
Dearness Allowance (DA)
- This allowance is revised on a quarterly basis in the months of February, May, August, and November. It is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) as declared by the Government of India. When inflation is high, DA goes up and when inflation falls, DA goes down.
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
This allowance depends on the place of posting. Employees posted in metros like Mumbai, Delhi, etc. are given a better HRA in comparison to those posted in other cities.
- Junior Agricultural Associates will be eligible to get an additional amount, called Special Pay, of Rs. 490/- p.m. which is reckoned for DA, HRA and superannuation benefits
- Apart from the above, SBI Clerk Salary also includes various perquisites like Furniture Allowance, House Maintenance Allowance, Books & Magazine Allowance, Briefcase Allowance, Reimbursement of Telephone Bills, etc
The leave policy of SBI is flexible. It gives 33 days privilege leave and 12 days casual leaves to the SBI employees. In case any woman is pregnant, they have the advantage to remain on leave for 2 years.
Single parent or aged parents can also take sabbatical leave for 2 years. These maternal or paternal leave is exclusive to casual and privilege leaves respectively. If the employee does not want to take privilege leaves then, in that case, he/she can convert their number of leaves in cash
The bank also proffers its employees the travel opportunity with nice guest houses, holiday homes as a whole package. The position of SBI clerks are also offered to travel to some big cities or tourist places in India itself
The Bank offers 100% of medical advantages to the SBI employees. Not only this much but their families are also given the advantage of 75% medical reimbursement in case of any injury, sickness, or hospitalization
Other Benefits in SBI Clerk Salary
There are many benefits along with the salary of SBI Clerk. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Pension under New Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Flexible working timings
- Medical Insurance
- Financial Security
- Provident Fund
- Nice work environment, etc.
SBI Clerk Salary Increment
There is an increase in SBI Clerk Salary after 7th pay commission implementation. The table below has the details of SBI Clerk salary increment. All candidates must check:
|Basic Pay Scale||Rs. 11,765/-|
|Annual Increment||Rs. 655/-|
|After 3 years||Increase to Rs. 13,730/-|
|After another 3 years||Rs. 16,715 /|
|After another 4 years||Rs. 20,095/|
|After another 7 years||Rs. 28,110/-|
|Maximum salary||Rs. 31,450/-|
Emoluments offered under SBI Clerk 2020
- For Employees residing in Metro Cities, like Mumbai, the in-hand salary of SBI Clerk is approximately Rs. 23600/- inclusive of DA (Dearness Allowance) and other allowances at the current rate.
- After being selected as SBI Clerk, candidates will be eligible for various other perks like Pension (Under the New Pension Scheme, NPS), Leave Fare, Medical Facilities, and Provident Fund, etc.
SBI Clerk in Hand Salary 2020 & Salary Slip
The total in-hand salary of SBI Clerk, after all the possible deductions, varies as per the place of posting. SBI Clerk in – hand salary usually lies in the range of INR20000/- INR23000/- (as per posting location).
SBI Clerk Salary Slip
The SBI Clerk Salary Slip contains details like employee name, designation, department, date of joining, branch, date of birth, etc. Let us have a look at the salary slip of an SBI Clerk.
SBI Clerk Job Profile 2020
The candidates who plan to write the SBI Clerk Exam must already understand the job profile and job responsibilities of SBI Clerk. Meanwhile, also go through the SBI Clerk Cut Off to understand what scores are required to clear the exam.
The following-mentioned are the details regarding the SBI Clerk Job Profile & Responsibilities. All candidates must check:
- Firstly, the post of SBI Clerk is an entry-level position
- Secondly, there is a probation period of 6 months in which candidates have to complete a 15 prescribed e-lessons
- In the e-lessons, the candidates will be taught all the responsibilities and functions of the position of SBI Clerk
- In case the candidate fails to understand the e-lessons, their probation period will be extended
SBI Clerk Job Responsibilities
The candidates must read and go through the SBI Clerk Job Responsibilities as follows:
- The candidates will deal with the customers and their queries
- Secondly, the person at the job must be able to solve the doubts of the customers
- Also, they will handle the accounts, cheque-books, and drafts of the clients
- Moreover, the SBI clerk will make calls on several purposes to the customers
- The candidate will also take care of the activities at the deposit counters related to cash withdrawal
SBI Clerk Career Growth & Responsibilities
SBI Clerk has extreme growth chances and pathways which are way better than clerks of any other government banks. Moreover, they can reach as high as General Manager. However, based on the posts, there will always be a specific eligibility criterion that they have to meet. Also, they will have to appear for the important exams and/or interviews
As you can see, the SBI Clerk is an amazing job to start one’s banking career. The SBI Clerk Salary is decent enough for an entry-level government job. The other benefits and growth opportunities too make it one of the most desirable jobs in India.
SBI Clerk Promotions
The State Bank of India conducts internal written examinations which the candidates are meant to clear if they want to be promoted. An SBI Clerk will get promoted through two modes:
- In-cadre Promotion
- Promotion to Officer cadre
It is stated that in-cadre promotion is based on home postings, which is a time-bound promotion.
- Candidates selected through the in-cadre promotion will get a special allowance of Rs.1800/- along with the total salary. After 10 years of service, the assistant becomes a Senior Assistant.
- After 20 years of service, an assistant becomes a Special Assistant officer. The Special Assistant officer will get a special allowance of Rs 2500/-.
- After 30 years of service, the Special Assistant officer becomes a Senior Special Assistant and he will get a special allowance of Rs 3500/-.
Promotion to Officer cadre
To become a Trainee Officer, an assistant requires qualification of the JAIIB and CAIIB Examinations from the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) apart from clearing the internal written examination and personal interview.
After 6 years of service as an SBI Clerk, the candidates are eligible to give the internal written examination to be promoted to a Trainee Officer, that the State Bank of India holds. A Trainee Officer is as similar as Probationary Officer i.e PO.
- The Probation Period lasts for 2 years for an SBI PO. They will be given a rank of Junior Management Grade Scale-I or JMGS-I
- After the completion of 2 years as a PO, the person will get the position of Middle Management Grade Scale-II.
- Any individual who directly wants a PO post must give SBI PO Exam.
SBI Clerk Transfer Policy
Let us have a look at the transfer policy of an SBI Clerk which is mentioned below:
- As per the notification, SBI Clerk Junior Associates are not eligible for transfers outside the state for the first 5 years of service.
- Candidates who have 8 years of service are eligible for a special recruitment drive for Tura, Kashmir Valley, and Ladakh.
SBI Clerk FAQ’s
Share your thoughts/queries here!