SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2019
The candidates who have cleared the Prelims Exam must be preparing for their Mains now. This post shall convey the candidates about SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2019 that candidates must be studying as a priority.
The Mains Exam is going to be conducted on August 10, 2019. Students can crack SBI Clerk Mains in first attempt if they practice well.
SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2019
The SBI Clerk Mains Exam includes 2 papers: Objective & Descriptive. The Objective type of paper has a total of 4 sections which are Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, English and General/Financial Awareness, check sbi clerk syllabus
The Descriptive Paper is a written examination in which candidates have to write an essay as well as a letter. The descriptive paper is conducted to check the linguistic skills of the students.
The following table has all the SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics for the Objective Paper:
|SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2019 (Objective-Type Paper)|
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English||General/Financial Awareness|
|Puzzles||Miscellaneous||Reading Comprehension||Current Affairs|
|Logical Reasoning||Data Interpretation||Grammar||Static Awareness|
|Data Sufficiency||Time & Distance||Sentence Replacement||Static GK|
|Coding-Decoding||Time & Work||Phrase Replacement||Banking|
|Syllogism||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Financial Awareness|
|Inequalities||Percentage||Fill in the blanks||–|
SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics Subject-wise (Objective)
Students must remember that there is a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong attempt in the paper. So, they must attempt the paper very carefully. We will go through all the important topics for SBI Clerk Mains subject-wise:
Candidates would have to complete 50 questions within 45 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark. It is very important candidates would already be working on their speed in the exam.
- Most of the Quant section is covered with the Data Interpretation questions
- Students must concentrate on the miscellaneous topics in the paper as they require deep conceptual understanding and have too many questions in their regard
- In the last year’s question paper, a new kind of pattern was observed where many questions appeared from miscellaneous arithmetic problems asked in a form of short passages and were having some missing values. A combination of topics on which these questions were based was Time & Work, Time & Distance, Percentage, Profit & Loss, etc.
- All the questions were interdependent as in if one question isn’t solved then the next one wouldn’t be, too and so on
- Take Free SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test Here
40 questions have to be solved in English section within 35 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark. Most of the times, it is difficult to predict what kind of English question paper would appear.
- Last year, the Reading comprehension (which is definite to appear in the exam) had short passages. Candidates who had good command over grammar and vocab were able to score well here
- Students must prepare the Grammar section very well
- Also, students should definitely prepare the Sentence/Phrase Replacement section. This one always comes in the question paper
- Candidates can take help from sbi clerk previous year papers
This section will have 50 questions in total. The time allotted to this section is 45 minutes. This section is for 60 marks. Usually, the reasoning section is found tricky and time-consuming but if the students have prepared well, then it is not the matter.
- Puzzles are always there in the Reasoning section. They are time-consuming so candidates must prepare well
- Last year, puzzles were difficult and they were 5-6 in number
- Questions from the Logical Reasoning always appear in the reasoning section
- Last year, the difficulty level of Data Sufficiency was high. Candidates must prepare accordingly
- Some changes can be anticipated when it comes to the section of Coding-Decoding
General Awareness section is always tricky. Students should be expecting anything easy here. There would be 50 questions carrying 1 mark each. The aspirants have to complete all the questions within 25 minutes. Check SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
- It is very important that the students give a lot of time to this section during the preparation
- Watching news on a daily basis for a certain period of time duration would help a lot
- Keep up with the current affairs’ magazines & newspapers
- Understanding the GK part would help rather than cramming things
- Try not to skip any topic from this section during preparation
SBI Clerk Mains 2019 Important Guidelines
Overall, SBI Clerk Exam is tougher than any other banking exam. There are some important things which all candidates keep in mind during the preparation of the Mains Exam. Read the following for the same:
- The mains exam is longer and a bit difficult in nature as compared to the prelims exam
- The students who have a good command on time management during the paper will definitely crack it. Check SBI Clerk Mains Time Management Tips
- There would be no sectional cut off in the exam
- Moreover, compared to other exams, the SBI Clerk Cut-off for Mains exam always go higher
- The candidates must remember that their selection would be based on the performance in the Mains Exam and Prelims marks will not be counted at all
- There is no pressure on students to prepare for an interview round because there is going to be none. So, students must give their entire energy in cracking the Mains exam with all their might
Share your thoughts/queries here!