SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2020
SBI Clerk Application Forms have been recently released and it is the right time to start your preparation in an effective manner. Hence we will provide you with the SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2020 that will help you to put more emphasis on right topics and make your preparation more effective.
SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2020
The candidates who clear the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam will only be allowed to appear for the Mains. Check the complete article for the detailed and section-wise SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics and many more.
- SBI Clerk Application Forms have been recently released on January 3rd, 2020
- The Prelims and Mains exam will be conducted soon in the month of February and June tentatively
- Students can crack SBI Clerk Mains in first attempt if they practice well
- Sticking to the syllabus will provide you with desired results
- You should have a definite SBI Clerk Study Plan for preparation in an effective manner
SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2020-Highlights
The SBI Clerk Mains Exam includes 2 papers: Objective & Descriptive. The Objective type of paper has a total of 4 sections which are Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, English and General/Financial Awareness. The Descriptive Paper is a written examination in which candidates have to write an essay as well as a letter. The descriptive paper is conducted to check the linguistic skills of the students. Go through the complete SBI Clerk Syllabus for more details.The following table has all the SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics for the Objective Paper-
|SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics 2020 (Objective-Type Paper)|
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English||General/Financial Awareness|
|Puzzles||Miscellaneous||Reading Comprehension||Current Affairs|
|Logical Reasoning||Data Interpretation||Grammar||Static Awareness|
|Data Sufficiency||Time & Distance||Sentence Replacement||Static GK|
|Coding-Decoding||Time & Work||Phrase Replacement||Banking|
|Syllogism||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Financial Awareness|
|Inequalities||Percentage||Fill in the blanks||–|
SBI Clerk Mains Important Topics Subject-wise (Objective)
Students must remember that there is a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong attempt in the paper. So, they must attempt the paper very carefully. We will go through all the important topics for SBI Clerk Mains subject-wise:
Quantitative Aptitude-Candidates would have to complete 50 questions within 45 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark. It is very important candidates would already be working on their speed in the exam.
- Most of the Quant section is covered with the Data Interpretation questions
- Students must concentrate on the miscellaneous topics in the paper as they require deep conceptual understanding and have too many questions in their regard
- In the last year’s question paper, a new kind of pattern was observed where many questions appeared from miscellaneous arithmetic problems asked in a form of short passages and were having some missing values. A combination of topics on which these questions were based was Time & Work, Time & Distance, Percentage, Profit & Loss, etc.
- All the questions were interdependent as in if one question isn’t solved then the next one wouldn’t be, too and so on
- Take Free SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test Here
English- 40 questions have to be solved in the English section within 35 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark. Most of the time, it is difficult to predict what kind of English question paper would appear.
- Last year, the Reading comprehension (which is definite to appear in the exam) had short passages. Candidates who had good command over grammar and vocab were able to score well here
- Students must prepare the Grammar section very well
- Also, students should definitely prepare the Sentence/Phrase Replacement section. This one always comes in the question paper
- Candidates can take help from SBI Clerk Previous Year Papers
Reasoning- This section will have 50 questions in total. The time allotted to this section is 45 minutes. This section is for 60 marks. Usually, the reasoning section is found tricky and time-consuming but if the students have prepared well, then it is not the matter.
- Puzzles are always there in the Reasoning section. They are time-consuming so candidates must prepare well
- Last year, puzzles were difficult and they were 5-6 in number
- Questions from the Logical Reasoning always appear in the reasoning section
- Last year, the difficulty level of Data Sufficiency was high. Candidates must prepare accordingly
- Some changes can be anticipated when it comes to the section of Coding-Decoding
General/Financial Awareness- General Awareness section is always tricky. Students should be expecting anything easy here. There would be 50 questions carrying 1 mark each. The aspirants have to complete all the questions within 25 minutes. Check SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
- It is very important that the students give a lot of time to this section during the preparation
- Watching the news on a daily basis for a certain period of time duration would help a lot
- Keep up with the current affairs’ magazines & newspapers
- Understanding the GK part would help rather than cramming things
- Try not to skip any topic from this section during preparation
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Important Guidelines
Overall, SBI Clerk Exam is tougher than any other banking exam. There are some important things that all candidates keep in mind during the preparation of the Mains Exam. Read the following for the same:
- The mains exam is longer and a bit difficult in nature as compared to the prelims exam
- The students who have a good command of time management during the paper will definitely crack it. Check SBI Clerk Mains Time Management Tips
- There would be no sectional cut off in the exam
- The candidates must remember that their selection would be based on the performance in the Mains Exam and Prelims marks will not be counted at all
- There is no pressure on students to prepare for an interview round because there is going to be none. So, students must give their entire energy in cracking the Mains exam with all their might
Share your thoughts/queries here!