SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019 | Proforma, Scribe & Compensatory Time
- SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Educational Qualification – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Age Limit – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Nationality/ Citizenship – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Proforma – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- “D & E” Categories – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Ex-servicemen – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Application Fee – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- How to apply for SBI clerk 2019?
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019:- Know Eligibility criteria for SBI Clerk in this article. SBI Clerk Exam is conducted by State Bank of India to recruit candidates for Clerical Cadre in different branches across the country.
- State Bank of India organizes the recruitment for the post of Junior Associates (JA) every year throughout the nation.
- It is one of the most sought after bank exams today and a huge number of candidates appear for the same every year.
- The start date of the application process has started and candidates can apply online through our post on SBI Clerk Application Form 2019
- To Check important Dates related to SBI Clerk 2019, Read our post on SBI Clerk Exam Date 2019
- Previous year questions can be a great resource for exam preparation. read our post on SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Paper for a better insight of the type of questions asked in SBI Clerk exam.
- If you are starting your exam preparation for SBI Clerk, read our post on SBI clerk Syllabus 2019 to kickstart your exam preparation.
- To know the question pattern for SBI Clerk, read our post on SBI Clerk Exam Analysis to know questions asked in SBI Clerk exam.
- SBI Clerks are responsible for all the client interactions and related operations.
- Candidates who will be recruited as SBI clerks will be designated as cashiers, depositors and other posts that form the face of a particular SBI Bank branch.
- Recruitment of all the candidates for the post of Clerk (Banking Associate) will be subjected to Eligibility Criteria as per the official Notification.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
Application for the post of SBI Clerk (Banking Associate) will be subject to various eligibility criteria as set by the SBI officials. Applicants need to fulfill all the required Criteria in order to be selected as a Banking Associate (Clerk) in the largest banking network in India. Applicants need to fall under the required Age Limit and must possess the required Educational Qualification to be eligible to be a part of the examination process for SBI Clerk.
Educational Qualification – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Applicants must be a graduate in any discipline from a govt. recognized university or equivalent.
- Candidates must also have the knowledge of the official and local language which must be proved by producing class 10th standard mark sheet/ certificate proving the evidence of having studied the local language.
- Applicants must be comfortable in writing and speaking English.
- Candidates who are in the final semester/ year of Graduation can also fill the application for SBI Clerk provided they need to produce proof of passing the Graduation during the Document Verification before joining.
- If in case the candidates possess an integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate must ensure the passing date on IDD is before 1st January 2019.
Now let’s start with the Age limit for SBI Clerk 2019.
Age Limit – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
All the applicants need to come under a certain Age bar in order to be eligible to apply for SBI Clerk (Banking Associate) 2019;
|Serial No.||Category||Upper Age Limit|
|1||SC / ST||33 years|
|3||A person with disabilities (General)||38 years|
|4||A person with disabilities(SC /ST)||43 years|
|5||A person with disabilities(OBC)||41 years|
|6||Jammu & Kashmir Migrants||33 Years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|8||Widows, Divorced women( No remarried)||GEN- 35 years
OBC- 38 years
SC/ST- 40 years
- A candidate is required to be between 20-28 years to be eligible for the SBI Clerk 2018 exam.
- He/she must hold a valid degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Applicants from reserved categories will be eligible for Age relaxation as per the official govt. guidelines.
Apart from the Age limit, applicants also need to fulfill Citizenship criteria as set by SBI. Now let’s have a look at the detailed Citizenship requirements in order to apply for SBI Clerk 2019;
Nationality/ Citizenship – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
In order to fulfill the Citizenship Eligibility, a candidate must be either;
(i) a Citizen of India
(ii) a subject of Nepal
(iii) a subject of Bhutan
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Proforma – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
I. Candidates, who are released/ retired from Armed Forces, are required to submit a certificate as per Proforma ‘A’ attached to his advertisement if they do not possess discharge certificate/ booklet.
II. The candidates, who are still serving in Armed Forces and desirous of applying under Ex-Servicemen category will be required to submit a certificate (Proforma ‘B’) from the competent authority showing his/her date of completion of the specific period of engagement (SPE) along with declaration (Proforma ‘C’). Such candidates whose SPE is completed on or before 30th April 2019 only are eligible to apply under this recruitment. They will also be required to submit the release letter along with a self-declaration at the time of joining the Bank that he/she is entitled to the benefits admissible to Ex-Servicemen in terms of Govt. of India rules
III. Those candidates, who have already completed their initial period of engagement and are on extended assignment, are required to submit the certificate as per Proforma ‘D’. If selected, such candidates mentioned in (II) and (III) above, should get released and join the Bank on or before 30th June 2020 These certificates are required to be submitted at the time of joining invariably. 2) The Territorial Army Personnel will be treated as Ex-Servicemen w.e.f. 15th November 1986.
“D & E” Categories – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
Those people who suffer from any one of the below-mentioned types of disabilities are eligible to apply under this category;
“Specific Learning Disability” (SLD)
SLD means a heterogeneous group of conditions wherein there is a deficit in processing language, spoken or written, that may manifest itself as a difficulty to comprehend, speak, read, write, spell, or to do mathematical calculations and includes such conditions as perceptual disabilities, dyslexia, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, and developmental aphasia.
“Mental Illness” (MI)
MI means a substantial disorder of thinking, mood, perception, orientation or memory that grossly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognize reality or ability to meet the ordinary demands of life, but does not include retardation which is a condition of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person, specially characterized by subnormality of intelligence.
“Autism spectrum disorder” (ASD)
ASD means a neuro-developmental condition typically appearing in the first three years of life that significantly affects a person’s ability to communicate, understand relationships and relate to others, and is frequently associated with unusual or stereotypical rituals or behaviors.
Multiple Disabilities means multiple disabilities amongst LD, VI, HI, SLD, MI & ASD.
Any person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation will have to submit the latest Disability Certificate, on prescribed format, issued by Medical Authority or any other notified Competent Authority (Certifying Authority) in the district of the applicant’s residence as mentioned in the proof of residence in the application. The certificate should be dated on or before the last date of registration of application.
Ex-servicemen – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms Notification No.36034/5/85/ Estt (SCT) dated 27th October 1986 as amended from time to time.
Ex-Servicemen who while serving in Armed Forces of the Union were disabled during war or in peacetime but their disability being attributable to Military service, shall be treated as Disabled Ex-Servicemen. Dependents of Servicemen killed in Action: Servicemen killed in the following operations would be deemed to have been killed in action attributable to Military Service
(b) warlike operations or border skirmishes either with Pakistan on cease fire line or any other country (c) Fighting against armed hostiles in a counter insurgency environment viz. Nagaland, Mizoram, etc.
(d) Serving with peace-keeping mission abroad
(e) Laying or clearance of mines including enemy mines as also mine sweeping operation between one month before and three months after the conclusion of an operation
(f) Frostbite during actual operations or during the period specified by the Government (g) Dealing with agitating Para- Military forces personnel
(h) IPKF personnel killed during the operations in Sri Lanka.
The reservation available to such candidates shall be as mentioned under point no. (b) given under the vacancy table. For the purpose of this reservation, the member of the family would include his widow, son, and daughter or near relations who agree to support his family. The relaxation in upper age and educational qualifications available to Ex-servicemen will not be available to dependents of Servicemen killed in action.
Application Fee – SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
In order to apply for SBI Clerk, one must pay an application fee as mentioned in the table below for various categories;
How to apply for SBI clerk 2019?
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR SBI CLERK 2019
- Click on the direct link to apply for SBI Clerk 2019
- Fill all the particulars given on the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Submit the filled SBI Clerk Recruitment application form.
- Take a print of the fee payment form for reference
Share your thoughts/queries here!