RRB TC preparation tips
RRB TC Preparation Tips – Tips, Tricks, and Strategies to crack the RRB TC exam
RRB TC preparation tips
RRB or Railways is yet to release RRB TC Notification 2018. RRB TC preparation tips for those who want to become Ticket Collector in Railways. Every year millions of candidates apply for Ticket Collector posts of which a few candidates get selected. Candidates get an attractive pay scale of Rs. 5200-Rs. 20,000 with a grade pay of Rs. 2000 per month. Candidates who are interested and eligible may apply for RRB TC Recruitment 2018. We have provided RRB TC preparation tips for those who want to clear the exam.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should be 12th Pass or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
Age Criteria: Candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum of 29 years of age as on 1st Jan 2018 before applying.
Role of a Ticket collector: TC is in charge of all reserved coaches and they have to guide all passengers with any queries. Ticket Collector plays an important role in seeing if all passengers carry tickets. Ticket collectors also issue tickets to passengers. Everyone who travels in trains, will know the job of a TC. They are also known as Ticket inspector and they fine those who do not carry tickets. They are in a way those who ensure the law is obeyed and that everyone has a ticket. Ticket collector has to be medically fit for the job as Ticket collector works in Shifts and may also have to work at night checking the tickets of passengers at night. Ticket Collectors also check Tickets in both reserved and unreserved coaches and attend to any inquiry of the passengers. They also have to perform any other tasks prescribed during the course of their duty.
Selection Process for RRB TC Recruitment 2018:
- Written Test
- Psychological Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Medical Examination
- Document Verification
RRB TC Preparation Tips for Written Test:
Section asked in written exam
– General awareness
– Quantitative Aptitude
– English, Hindi, and knowledge of local language.
There will be negative marking too details of which will be released by Railways in official notification.
|English Language||General Awareness|
|Ratio and proportion, Averages, Time and work, Speed, Distance and time, Mixture and allegation Stocks and shares, Percentages,
Partnership, Clocks, Volume and surface Area, Bar & Graphs, Line charts,
Tables Height and Distances, Logarithms, Permutation and combinations,
Simple and compound interest, Equations, Probability, Trigonometry, Profit, Loss and Discount,
Mensuration, Elements of Algebra, Data Interpretation, Pie charts
|Analogy, Classification, Word formation, Statement and conclusions Syllogism,
Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments,
Coding Decoding, Blood Relations, Passage and conclusions, Alphabet test, Series Test, Number, Ranking and time sequence, Direction sense Test, Decision making test
Figure series, Input/output, Assertion and reasoning, Sitting Arrangement,
Series test, Odd figure Out, Analogy, Miscellaneous Test
|Vocabulary: Homonyms, Antonyms, Synonyms, Word Formation, Spelling
Grammar: Spotting Errors, Phrases and idioms, Direct and Indirect speech, Active/ Passive voice
Reading comprehension: Theme Detection, Passage completion, Topic rearrangement of passage, Deriving Conclusion.
|General Knowledge and General Awareness
Scientific Research etc.
Take Toprankers SSC & Banking Tests</
RRB TC Preparation Tips for Written Test:
- Understand the exam pattern and Syllabus– Before you begin preparation, look at the exam pattern and syllabus to know what you are expected of in the exam.
- Proper planning – Plan your studies and Proper planning will lead to success. Plan your studies in advance and do not wait for last minute preparation.
- Aim for Accuracy: You need accuracy in Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning. You also need to be accurate with English and GK. Remember that while you need accuracy with numbers in Quant, You need accuracy with words in english Test.
- Effective Time Management Tips – Learn to manage your time. You have little time and a lots to do.
- Prepare study notes: Use proper reference material and books to prepare notes. Use recommended books for Railways preparation.
- Practice with Mock Test-Series – Mock Tests reflect a true picture of your performance as they act like a mirror and help you analyze your strengths and weaknesses. Toprankers mock tests provide performance charts and more to aid your preparation.
- Stay Positive: Stay positive and upbeat. A few minutes of prayer every day can help you stay positive.
- Detailing: Pay attention to details. TC job involves looking into details.
- Get your Basics Right: Get your basics right and then only you can go further with more tough concepts.
- Prepare Notes and Revise: There are no shortcuts, so prepare thoroughly.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs – You should read the newspapers, magazines regularly and also stay updated with current affairs, Other topics you can focus on include Railways, Sports, Indian Economy, Political news, Awards, static GK, etc .
- Take coaching if Required: Coaching can help you to improve your performance. A good teacher can both teach you and inspire you.
- Computer Based Test: The exam is conducted online and candidates need to get acquainted with the online system of answering questions. It is unlike the traditional pencil-paper method. If you regularly use computers, it will be an easy task.
RRB TC Preparation Tips for Psychological Test
In the Psychological test, there are no right or wrong answers. The Candidates is tested to see how they think and if they are mentally fit for a job in Railways. Candidates found unsuitable for the job will not be selected.
RRB TC Preparation Tips for PET/PST:
Preparation Tips for Medical Examination: Railways expects all candidates to be medically fit during recruitment. When it comes to RRRB TC or Ticket Collector Posts, rules regarding eyesight are relaxed. Candidates suffering from hypermetropia, myopia or other eye sight related problems are allowed to apply. However, candidates must not have partial blindness or any severe health problems. In Indian Railways, candidates suffering from eye related problems are not allowed in RRB ALP and Group D posts. In Nontechnical posts, the rules are relaxed and people wearing spectacles are allowed to apply.
RRC TC Preparation Tips for Document Verification: Be careful while filling the online application. You must enter all correct details in the online application form. These details must match with the details given in the Documents you submit while document verification process. You have to submit photocopies of all original documents. Therefore ensure that all details are correct in order to clear this level.
RRB TC Preparation Tips: Books for Preparation:
Book name: Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Book: Test of Reasoning
Author: Edgar Thorpe
Book: High School English Grammar & Composition
Author: Wren & Martin
Publisher: S. Chand
Book: Word Power Made Easy
Author : Norman Lewis
Book: Manorama Year Book (latest)
Publisher: Manorama Publishers
Stay tuned for more updates on RRB TC preparation tips
Share your thoughts/queries here!