RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019
- RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 PDF
- RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 Highlights
- RRB NTPC Stage 1 Syllabus 2019-20
- RRB NTPC Stage 2 Syllabus 2019
- RRB NTPC Syllabus Important Topics 2020
- RRB NTPC Qualifying Marks 2020
- RRB NTPC Skill Test 2019-20
- RRB NTPC Document Verification 2020
- RRB NTPC Normalization 2019-20
- RRB NTPC Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
- RRB NTPC Mains Exam Pattern 2019-20
- RRB NTPC Selection Process 2019-20
/The link to apply for the RRB NTPC Recruitment is closed, candidates are waiting for the exam date to release. Aspirants who have applied for the exam should know the complete Railway Recruitment Syllabus 2020 of each section of all the stages of the exam. Know the detailed section-wise RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 in this article.
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 PDF
- There is a total of 35,208 vacancies in NTPC for various posts.
- Candidates have to clear the Prelims Exam (Stage 1) to be a part of the next process of the exam which is the Mains Exam. Eligible candidates can prepare with the help of RRB NTPC Study Material to prepare for the exam.
- The RRB NTPC Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Prelims have three sections. The exam will be a total of 100 marks which carry 1 mark each. Candidates will get the time limit of 90 minutes to complete the exam.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer marked.
- The RRB NTPC Admit Card will release 15 days prior to the exam. Candidates can check their self-preparation with the help of the RRB NTPC Previous Question Year Papers PDF to make themselves confident for the exam.
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 Highlights
|NTPC full Form||Non-Technical Popular Categories|
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Application Date Starts on||February 28, 2019|
|Sections in Exam||Arithmetic Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Science|
|Negative Marking||1/3 for every wrong answer|
|Arithmetic Ability (Important topics)||Number System, Time & Work, Percentage, Elementary Algebra, etc.|
|Reasoning & GI (Important Topics)||Syllogism, Puzzle, Statement, Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series, etc.|
|General Awareness (Important Topics)||Current Affairs of the last six months.|
RRB NTPC Stage 1 Syllabus 2019-20
There are a total of 3 sections in RRB NTPC CBT 1 Syllabus:
- The syllabus for both exams is the same whereas the difficulty level will rise in the second stage.
- All the sections have their own separate topics, take reference from the RRB NTPC Syllabus PDF.
- The following mentioned are the topics of each section:
RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus CBT 1 for Arithmetic Ability 2020
A total of 30 questions will be asked from the Mathematics part of the exam which carries one mark each. As per the previous year’s exam analysis, the level of the Arithmetic section was easy-moderate. The questions were asked from the SI/CI, Number System, Mensuration, Geometry, Ratio & Proportion, Simplification, etc. Get the RRB NTPC Complete Syllabus of Arithmetic Ability Stage 1 in the following table-
|Number System||Profit and Loss|
|Fractions||Geometry and Trigonometry|
|LCM & HCF||Elementary Statistics|
|Ratio and Proportions||Time and Work|
|Percentage||Time and Distance|
|Mensuration||Simple and Compound Interest|
RRB NTPC Reasoning Syllabus for Stage 1 2019-20
A total of 30 questions will be asked from the Reasoning part of the exam which carries one mark each. As per the previous year’s exam analysis, the level of the Reasoning and General Intelligence section was easy-moderate. Some of the topics of RRB NTPC Reasoning Syllabus from which questions were asked- Coding-Decoding, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Puzzle, Venn Diagram, etc.
|Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series||Relationships|
|Coding and Decoding||Analytical Reasoning|
|Similarities and Differences||Jumbling|
|Venn Diagrams||Statement- Courses of Action|
|Puzzle, Data Sufficiency||Decision Making|
|Analogies||Interpretation of Graphs|
RRB NTPC General Awareness Syllabus for Stage 1
A total of 40 questions will be there, which carries 1 mark each. Previous Year the level of the exam was easy-moderate. Topics from the questions were asked in the exam was- History, Polity, Sports, Current Affairs, Physics, Biology, etc.
|Current Events of National and International Importance||Famous Personalities of India and World|
|Games and Sports||Flagship Government Programs|
|Art and Culture of India||Flora and Fauna of India|
|Indian Literature||Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India|
|Monuments and Places of India||Basics of Computers and Computer Applications|
|General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE)||Common Abbreviations|
|History of India and Freedom Struggle||Transport Systems in India|
|Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World||Indian Economy|
|Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system||UN and Other important World Organizations|
|General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India||Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large|
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Syllabus 2019
A total of three sections RRB NTPC CBT 2 Syllabus- Arithmetic Ability, Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence, and General Awareness. Candidates will have a time limit of 90 minutes with a total of 120 questions. There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer from the correct one. Know the RRB NTPC Complete Syllabus for Stage 2.
RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus 2020 Arithmetic Ability for CBT 2
A total of 35 questions which carries 1 mark each. The questions were asked mostly from- Trigonometry, Data Interpretation, Statistics, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, etc. The following is mentioned all the topics of Arithmetic Ability:
|Data Interpretation (Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, tables, etc.)||Problems on Age|
|Time & Work||Linear & Quadratic Equations|
|Time & Distance (Boats & Streams, Trains, etc.)||Simple & Compound Interest|
|Pipe & Cistern||Area & Volume|
|Profit & Loss||Simplification|
|Margins & Discounts||Speed Calculation|
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Syllabus for Reasoning & General Intelligence 2019-20
The list of the topics asked in the previous year CBT 2- Blood Relation, Directions, Syllogism, Miscellaneous, Puzzles, etc. 35 questions will be asked from the Reasoning section of the exam which carries 1 mark each. Know the RRB NTPC Complete Syllabus Reasoning for Stage 2 Reasoning and General Intelligence from the following table-
|Analogy||Verbal & Visual Analysis|
|Classification of Odd pair||Sitting /Circular Arrangements|
|Alphanumeric Series||Eligibility Test|
|Decision Making||Statement Argument, Conclusion, Interference|
|Blood Relation||Problem Solving|
|Direction Sense||Visual Reasoning (Pattern Detection, Hidden Images, Embedded Images, Mirror Images, Figure Matrix, etc.)|
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Syllabus for General Awareness
A total of 50 questions will be asked from this topic of the exam. List of some of the questions asked in the last year RRB NTPC Mains Exam-
- Full-Form of RAW?
- Full-Form of GPS?
- What do you mean by Unicode?
- Who is the owner of the Gujarat Lions?
- How many heart chambers does a fish have?
- Winner of China Open ladies double 2016?
- What is the lowest age for an individual to be a CM?
- Which Tax’s rate increases with money?
- The ancient name of Awadh was?
- Rusting of Iron is due to which process?
While preparing for the exam, candidates must focus on the polity and geography as the main concern for the General Awareness section of the exam. The given below is Stage 2 Syllabus for GA-
|Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)|
|Indian Culture & Heritage|
|Geography of India|
|Current Affairs (National, International. Organizations, Person in News, Deaths & Demises, Awards, Science & Technology, Sports, Government Policies, etc.)|
|Static Affairs (National, International, Organizations, Awards & Honours, Science & Technology, Yearbook, Days, Dates, etc.)|
RRB NTPC Syllabus Important Topics 2020
Here is the list of some of the topics asked from the from all the subjects asked in both Prelims and Mains Exam-
|Prelims Exam||Reasoning Ability||Coding-Decoding, Syllogism, Puzzle, Venn Diagram, Analogies, Relationship, etc|
|Numerical Ability||Mensuration, Number System, SI/CI, Geometry, Simplification, etc|
|General Awareness||History, Politics, Biology, Current Affairs, Physics, Indian Literature, etc|
|Mains Exam||Reasoning Ability||Decision Making, Eligibility Test, Direction Sense, Circular Arrangements, Inequality, Visual Reasoning, etc|
|Numerical Ability||Trigonometry, Data Interpretation, Statistics, Averages, Percentages, Margins & Discounts, Speed Calculations, etc|
|General Awareness||Indian Railways Facts & Figures, Geography of India, Indian Politics, Static Affair, etc|
RRB NTPC Qualifying Marks 2020
Here are the minimum qualifying marks of various categories which candidates have to clear to be a part of the Railway Recruitment for both CBT 1 and CBT 2.
|OBC and SC||30%|
RRB NTPC Skill Test 2019-20
The nature of the Typing Test is qualifying. The Typing Test is the third stage of the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern.
- The students have to select a language either English or Hindi
- Candidate has to type in a good speed as it is a typing test (the name itself suggests)
- The exam will be conducted on a computer
- As per the notification, the candidates have to write 30 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in the Hindi language
|Typing Skill Test||Language||Minimum Speed to clear the test||Time Duration|
|English/Hindi||30 WPM in English/25 WPM in Hindi||10 minutes|
RRB NTPC Document Verification 2020
During the verification, the candidates have to show their original certificates of the qualifications, the photocopies of the same which have to be attested.
|Certificate of the mark sheets|
|Date of Birth Certificate/S.S.C|
|School Study Certificate|
|No Objection Certificate from Employer (if employed anywhere)|
|Proof of Education Qualification|
RRB NTPC Normalization 2019-20
The normalization of the candidate will be evaluated on the basis of the performance of the candidates. RRB NTPC Normalization will be done on the basis of the similar exam parameters and aims to adjust the difficulty level across different shifts of the exam.
RRB NTPC Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
All the candidates who are planning to give the exam must take a look at the RRB NTPC Syllabus and Exam Pattern of the Prelims exam. The following table expands on the same:
- The total time given for the exam is 90 minutes.
- The will be Objective in nature.
- For every wrong answer, there will be a penalty of negative marking of 1/3 from the correct answers.
- There are a total of 100 questions for 1 mark each.
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
RRB NTPC Mains Exam Pattern 2019-20
The candidates appearing for the exam must check the exam pattern of the Mains exam. Moreover, this RRB NTPC Exam Pattern will help them to make a proper exam strategy-
- The RRB NTPC CBT 2 Syllabus has a total of 4 sections: Reasoning & General Intelligence, Arithmetic Ability, General Science and General Awareness
- There will be a total of 120 questions with accurate division among sections in an objective form.
- The total time to complete the exam is 90 minutes
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||35||35|
RRB NTPC Selection Process 2019-20
The exam mainly takes place in two stages
- Prelims Exam (Computer Based Test-1st Stage)
- Mains Exam (Computer Based Test-2nd Stage)
- Typing Skill Test/Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Exam
If the candidate clears the Prelims & Mains Exam, they will reach the Skill/Aptitude Test. However, the test will take place on the grounds of the candidate’s post preference. How To Fill The Post Preference in RRB NTPC Application Form
- Typing Test– Candidates who have applied for the posts Junior Accountant Assistant, Senior Clerk cum Typist and Senior Time Keeper will give this test.
- Aptitude Test– Candidates who have applied for the posts of Traffic Assistant and Assistant Station Master will give the aptitude test.
Share your thoughts/queries here!