RRB NTPC Application Form 2019 | How To Apply Online?
- RRB NTPC Application Form 2019 Highlights
- RRB NTPC Application Form: Important Dates
- RRB NTPC Exam Dates
- Apply Now- Fill The RRB NTPC Application Form
- RRB Recruitment 2019: Posts and Vacancy
- RRB NTPC Zone-wise Vacancy
- RRB NTPC Eligibility for Application Form
- RRB NTPC Requirements
- RRB NTPC Application Fee
- RRB NTPC Payment Modes
- How To Apply For RRB NTPC Online?
- How To Make Corrections in RRB NTPC Application Form?
- RRB NTPC Application Form Status
- Reasons for RRB NTPC Application Form Rejection
- RRB NTPC Statistics
RRB NTPC Application Form has to be filled by every candidate who wants to get recruited in RRB. The article down below has all the information regarding How To Apply Online for RRB NTPC 2019.
The candidates can tentatively start filling the RRB NTPC Application Form by 01st March 2019.
- The RRB NTPC Application Form is available now to be filled on the RRB official website
- The mode for RRB NTPC Application Form is online
- The total vacancies for RRB NTPC are 44531 according to RRB NTPC Official Notification PDF
- Moreover, the payment mode for the application form is online
- The age limit to apply for RRB NTPC undergraduate posts is 18-30 years
- The age limit to apply for RRB NTPC posts for graduates is 18-33 years
- The application fee for RRB NTPC for general candidates is 500/- and other categories is 250/-
- There are a total of 3 stages of Online application form
- The candidates must have 10th, 12th and graduation certificates
- Also, the candidates must keep Adhaar card as well as other important certificates
- Furthermore, the candidates must have scanned copies of their photo and signature and community
RRB NTPC Application Form 2019 Highlights
|Name of Board||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).|
|Post name||NTPC Non-Technical|
|Number of Vacancies||44531|
|Job Location||PAN India.|
|Job Category||Railway Jobs|
|Application Fee Payment Mode||Online.|
|Starting Date for RRB NTPC Online Application||01st March 2019 Onwards|
RRB NTPC Application Form: Important Dates
The important RRB NTPC Application Form dates are out. Candidates can check in the following table:
|Publication Date in RRB websites||28th February 2019|
|Online Registration Date starts||1st March 2019 (6.00 pm)|
|Closing date of online application||31st March 2019 (11.59 pm)|
|Last Date of Online Application Fee Payment:|
|a. Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI||5th April 2019 (11.59 pm))|
|b. SBI Challan||5th April 2019 (3.00 pm)|
|c. Post Office Challan||5th April 2019 (3.00 pm)|
|1st stage computer-based test (CBT-1)||Tentatively scheduled between June-September 2019|
RRB NTPC Exam Dates
The following table has all the important details regarding RRB NTPC:
|Starting date for NTPC online registration||01st March 2019|
|Opening Date for Online Applications (Paramedical Staff)||04th March 2019|
|The opening of Online Registrations for Ministerial & Isolated Categories||8th March 2019|
|Starting of Online Registration of Applications (Level 1)||12th March 2019|
Apply Now- Fill The RRB NTPC Application Form
The following are the direct links to fill the application form for RRB NTPC 2019. The candidate can choose their wish and start filling the form right away!
RRB Recruitment 2019: Posts and Vacancy
The table below is the vacancy details for those candidates who require a bachelor’s degree as the minimum qualification and age must be 18-30 years:
|Name of the post||Level in 7th CPC||Initial Pay (Rs.)||Medical Standard||Total Vacancies (all RRBs)|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||5||29200||B-2||5638|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||5||29200||C-2||2873|
|Junior Accountant Assistant cum typist||5||29200||C-2||3164|
|Senior Time Keeper||5||29200||C-2||14|
The table below is the RRB NTPC Vacancy detail for the candidates who need a minimum qualification to be 12th standard. The age must be in between 18-30 years:
|Name of the post||Level in 7th CPC||Initial Pay (Rs.)||Medical Standard||Total Vacancies (all RRBs)|
|Junior Clerk cum Typist||2||19900||C-2||4319|
|Accounts Clerk cum typist||2||19900||C-2||760|
|Junior Time Keeper||2||19900||C-2||17|
|Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||3||21700||B-2||4940|
RRB NTPC Zone-wise Vacancy
The following table has updated rrb ntpc vacancy details of RRB NTPC Zone-wise:
|Name of RRBs||Vacancies (28th Feb 2019)||Updated Vacancies (2nd March 2019)|
|RRB NTPC Ahmedabad||1024||1261|
|RRB NTPC Ajmer||1773||2167|
|RRB NTPC Allahabad||4099||5321|
|RRB NTPC Bangalore||2470||2980|
|RRB NTPC Bhopal||997||1277|
|RRB NTPC Bhubaneshwar||498||638|
|RRB NTPC Bilaspur||1207||1502|
|RRB NTPC Chandigarh||2483||3185|
|RRB NTPC Chennai||2694||3380|
|RRB NTPC Gorakhpur||1298||1650|
|RRB NTPC Guwahati||851||1085|
|RRB NTPC Jammu-Srinagar||898||1073|
|RRB NTPC Kolkata||2949||3796|
|RRB NTPC Malda||1043||1322|
|RRB NTPC Mumbai||3665||4716|
|RRB NTPC Muzaffarpur||329||429|
|RRB NTPC Patna||1039||1326|
|RRB NTPC Ranchi||1386||1757|
|RRB NTPC Secunderabad||3234||4022|
|RRB NTPC Siliguri||443||568|
|RRB NTPC Thiruvananthapuram||897||1076|
RRB NTPC Eligibility for Application Form
There is a specific eligibility criterion to apply for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019. The eligibility differs from the candidate’s age, citizenship, qualification and physical state. Given below are the details for RRB NTPC Eligibility 2019.
The medical standards for every category vary.
A Tibetan refugee who came to India prior 1st January 1962 to settle permanently
|For the undergraduate(ug) posts- 18-30 years||Candidates waiting for their results CANNOT apply
Candidates applying for RRB undergraduate posts only need to be 12th pass
|A citizen of India, Nepal & Bhutan|
|For the posts of graduate posts 18-33 years||Graduate Act Apprentice or Diploma/Degree in Engineering is not accepted instead of the course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI||A Tibetan refugee who came to India prior 1st January 1962 to settle permanently|
|The Age-Relaxation varies from one category to another||Candidates must have the Educational/Technical qualifications displayed against the notified posts, from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT||A person of Indian origin- migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the purpose of settling permanently in India|
RRB NTPC Requirements
There are certain requirements to fill the RRB NTPC Application Form 2019. All candidates must follow the guidelines given below while filling the form:
- First of all, all candidates must be eligible to apply to fill the RRB NTPC Application Form
- The candidates who do not belong to General category must upload their community certificate
- Also, all candidates should have all scanned documents of their qualification
- Besides that, the candidates must upload their Aadhaar Card, 10th, 12th and graduation certificate
The following documents are required for the RRB NTPC Application Form. All candidates must have these
- The Aadhaar card of the candidate
- The official certificates of 10th, 12th and Graduation
- The SC/ST certificate if the candidate does not belong to General category
- The OBC community certificate if the candidate belongs to OBC category
- Also, the PwD certificates if the candidate is physically disabled
- Moreover, the candidate must keep the receipt of payment
- If the candidate belongs to J&K, they must have the J&K domicile certificate
- The candidates who are ex-servicemen, they require an original discharge certificate
Instructions for Photo & Signature in RRB NTPC Application Form
The following guidelines have to be followed while uploading photo and signature in the application form:
- The photo and signature must be having a white/light coloured background
- The face of the candidate should be visible in the photo
- Moreover, the image size of the scanned picture must be between 20 to 50 KB
- The scanned community certificate should be in between 50-100 KB
- Also, the signature scanned image should be in between 10-40 KB
- The photo of the candidate must be taken on or after 1st January 2019
- The image must look professional and clear
- The signature should not be in different styles. If the signature is not in a similar pattern on all the official papers, then the RRB will cancel the application form
- The signature of the candidate must be in a flow of running hand and it should not be in block letters
- Furthermore, candidates must make sure that their scanned images are in JPEG Format
|Size- 20-50 KB||Size- 10-40 KB|
|The face must be visible||The signature should be very clear|
|JPEG Format||JPEG Format|
|Background must be white/light coloured||Background must be white/light coloured|
Scanning and Resizing the Photo & Signature
- Firstly, the candidate should set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 100 dpi (dots per inch).
- Secondly, they must set the Colour to True Colour.
- The file Size must be as specified above
- Now, the student should crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature
- Afterwards, use the upload editor and crop the photo to final size which is mentioned above
- Now, the image file must be in JPG or JPEG format.
- The candidates can check the image dimensions by listing the folder files or moving the cursor on the file image icon.
- The candidates can easily attain the photo and signature in the JPEG Format only in 50KB & 40KB respectively with the use of MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. f. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‗Save As‘ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 40KB (signature) with the use of cropping and then resize option in the ‗Image‘ menu.
- Also, similar options are present in other photo editors
RRB NTPC Application Fee
There is a certain amount of application fee that the candidates have to pay for. The following table expands more on similar information:
|General and OBC Candidates||Rs. 500/-|
Application Fee Refund: The candidates who have selected SBI/Post Office/Challan, they have to fill in their bank details. The bank details include the beneficiary name, Account Details, IFSC Code.
RRB NTPC Payment Modes
There are two modes of payment. The following are the ways to pay:
Online Mode: The online payment modes available are Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay via SBI branch, any computerized Post Office/Challan/Pay-in-slip from the official website
How To Apply For RRB NTPC Online?
Below given is the entire process to RRB NTPC Apply Online. Candidates must fill the form very carefully.
- First of all, candidates must RRB Official Website i.e www.indianrailways.gov.in
- Secondly, search for tab Recruitment. Click on it
- Then, there is a tab- Required RRB Region.
- The candidates now select the region they want to apply in
- Afterwards, the candidates will see the RRB NTPC Application link
Step 1- Online Registration
- So, the first stage is the New Registration
- Select the RRB you want. (The candidates cannot choose the RRB again)
- Then, the candidates will fill in their basic & personal details in the new registration
- The personal details include:
- Candidate’s name (write the name which is in 10th mark sheet)
- Father’s name (write the name which is in 10th mark sheet)
- Vernacular Language (mother tongue)
- Father’s vernacular language
- Mother’s name
- D.O.B (according to 10th mark sheet)
- The OTP will come on the candidate’s phone number and e-mail id
- The candidate will check and fill that to get their new registration id and password on their phone number and e-mail
- The candidates can now check their registration number password on their phone number and e-mail id
RRB NTPC Application Form Filling
- Now the second stage of the application form will begin
- To log in, they have to fill the registration id and password
- The candidates fill what category they belong to
- Then, the candidates will now fill in their qualification details
- Along with the details, candidates must upload their 10th, 12th and Graduation Certificates
- The candidates have to mention their English proficiency and vision status
- Afterwards, the candidates will be directed to the page of fee payment
RRB NTPC Application Fee Payment
- Online Banking: The candidate can choose Bank Transfer – Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking. If the fee is successfully transferred, it will show ‘Success’, otherwise, it will display ‘Failure’.
- The page for Debit/Credit Card will open. Now, the candidate must fill in the details of their ATM Card number/Credit Card Number, Expiry Date on Card, Card Holder Name, CVV on the back side of the Card and then the candidate presses Enter. By pressing Enter, the candidate now gets an OTP on their mobile number which is attached to the candidate’s Bank Account. Then, fill the OTP and press Submit.
- For Net Banking, fill the Account and IFSC Code which is given and then transfer the mentioned amount via desktop or mobile phone
- SBI Challan and NEFT: This is an offline mode. Choose any SBI Branch, fill in the phone number and DOB then hit on Confirm and download the PDF. Afterwards, the candidate has to go to the nearest SBI and pay the fee there. The candidate can check their Payment Status by logging in after two hours.
- Post Office: First of all, select the preferred post office. Click ‘proceed’ in order to activate the Challan. Afterwards, the candidate has to take out a Print of it. Candidates now pay the fee in the nearest Post office (which is Computerized). Also, after 48 hours, one can check their Payment Status.
Step 2- Post Preferences
- The candidate’s eligibility to opt for more than one RRB depends on his qualification
- If the candidate is seeing the option of multiple RRBs, they must prioritize it according to their wish
- Enable the option of Scribe if the candidate belongs to PwD category/visual impairment/Cerebral Palsy/muscular dystrophy/candidates with Locomotor disability (one arm)/Intellectual disability (Autism, specific learning disability and mental illness)
- The candidates now must choose the language of the exam (English is set on default already)
- Fill the blanks of Mother’s tongue, moles/identification marks/Address etc
- Most importantly, students now have to fill their bank account details because there is a refund of half the amount candidates pay an application fee
How To Upload Photo & Signature
Candidates will see an option of Upload. Click on the button. Then, select the picture from the desktop, click OK. Now, the candidates have uploaded the images
- This way, candidates have successfully uploaded their images
- Also, if the candidate does not belong to General category, they must upload their community certificate
How To Make Corrections in RRB NTPC Application Form?
There are a few things that candidates cannot modify or change in their application form once it is completed and submitted. Hence, it is a piece of firm advice to the candidates that they must fill their form with carefulness. So, the things that candidates cannot change are as follows:
- RRB (the RRB region candidates choose)
- Registration number of the candidate
- Phone number
The candidates cannot change their e-mail and phone number of the candidates especially. These are the two contact details the candidates will get important information on. So, it is a request to candidates even not to change their phone number or e-mail once they have filled in details.
- The details that can be changed will be charged from 100 (non-refundable) Therefore, candidates must be very careful.
- If the candidate is modifying the category they belong to, it will also be charged
- If the candidate is changing their gender in the form, they have to pay the difference in exam fee i.r Rs. 250 along with the modification charges
NOTE: A candidate can make modifications only two times.
How to Edit RRB NTPC Application Form 2019?
The followings steps are the guide to modifying the application form:
- Visit RRB official website
- Secondly, search for the RRB application link
- Reach the apply online link, then click on ‘modify application form’
- Afterwards, enter registration and password (which the candidate has in their e-mail and phone number both)
- The candidates now pay the modification fee.
- The modes of fee payment are similar to before (scroll up to see)
- Now, once again candidate has to fill the registration id and password
- Then, the candidate can make preferred changes
- Afterwards, click submit
- Candidates must take out a printout of their modified RRB NTPC Application Form
RRB NTPC Application Form Status
Students can start filling the RRB NTPC Application Form from 28th February 2019. After filling the form, the candidates can check the Form Status on the official website itself. The following points expand on a similar activity:
- Firstly, candidates need to fill their Registration number and date of birth
- The Form Status will tell the candidate if the form is accepted or rejected
- Secondly, in case RRB rejects the form, they will surely mention the reason for rejection. Moreover, the status will also display as Negative
Reasons for RRB NTPC Application Form Rejection
In case any candidate faces form rejection, there would be the reasons listed below:
- Candidates cannot apply for more than 1 RRB. If any candidate applies for multiple RRBs, the officials will reject their form
- If the candidates will bring any kind of prohibited items to the exam hall, the officials might cancel their application form
- Read RRB NTPC Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code here!
- Candidates must have their scanned copies of community certificates of size 50-100 kb in order to get their free travel pass
- If any candidate attempts to misuse their travelling authorities, they will be debarred
- Also, if the candidate does not imply their photo and signature in an official manner, the authorities will reject their form
- The signatures cannot be in BLOCK letters. Otherwise, the form is rejected
- In case the candidates fill the wrong D.O.B or any official detail is filled wrong, RRB will reject the form
- Candidates submitting fake or artificial certificates will have their application forms rejected
- If there is any issue in the size and format of photo, certificate and signature, the form will be rejected
RRB NTPC Statistics
The candidates who want to give the exam must be getting ready to fill the RRB NTPC Application Form. They can check the number of people applied for the exam in the following table:
|Name of RRB||No. of Applicants applied|
RRB NTPC Application Form: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The following questions are some frequently asked queries from students regarding the RRB NTPC Application Form:
Q. What is RRB NTPC?
A. RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board. NTPC means Non-Technical Popular Categories. RRB conducts exams for NTPC posts. The posts in NTPC include the posts in Railways and Traffic branches
Q. How can I apply for the NTPC Exam?
A. One can always go to the official website of RRB and register themselves. Afterward, the form will show up. The above are given the guidelines to the form filling process.
Q. How can I select the post preference?
A. There are many ways one can choose the post for them. Read the article here: How To fill Post Preference in RRB application form
Q. Is there any sectional cut off in RRB NTPC?
A. No, the cut-off is not sectional, it is overall
Q. Does the RRB NTPC exam has negative marking?
A. Yes, There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks for every wrong answer. Candidates must attempt the exam carefully and try not to attempt any wrong answer
Q. Can I apply for different multiple RRB NTPC Posts?
A. If the candidate’s form shows that he is eligible, only then he can choose Post Preferences. Othwesie, the students can only opt for one post in RRB NTPC
Share your thoughts/queries here!