RRB Ministerial and Isolated Recruitment 2020: Check Exam Dates
Check the complete details about RRB Ministerial And Isolated Recruitment 2020 here. Know in-depth information about Eligibility, Vacancies, how to apply, and other exam related details. Through RRB MI Recruitment, various posts like Stenographer, Chief Law Assistant, Junior Translator Hindi, etc in various Zonal Railways and Production Units of Indian Railways will be filled.
Latest Update: As per the latest notice released by the Railway Recruitment Board, the computer-based test will be held from 15 December 2020 to 18 December 2020 in two shits per day. Candidates can Check the Official Notice for more information on exam dates.
RRB Ministerial And Isolated Recruitment 2020
As per the RRB NTPC Vacancy List, a total of 1665 vacancies in different posts will be filled.
- Firstly candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria were able to fill the application form.
- The online registration was held between 8th March to 22nd April 2020 in online mode.
- All the information regarding RRB Ministerial And Isolated Recruitment is provided in this post.
- Check the Important Dates for RRB MI Recruitment 2020 and know about all events.
- There are numerous applicants for NTPC posts due to the satisfying RRB NTPC Salary and Job Profile.
RRB Ministerial And Isolated Recruitment: Important Dates
There are some very important dates regarding RRB Ministerial and Isolated Category Recruitment 2020. Candidates must take a firm look at the following table
|Publication Date||23rd February 2020|
|The opening of online registration of Applications||8th March 2020 (10 AM)|
|The closing of Online Registration||May 9, 2020(11.59 PM)|
|Closing Date & Time for Application Payment:||–|
|(a) Online (Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/UPI)||May 9, 2020 (11.59 PM)|
|(b) SBI Challan||May 9, 2020 (1 PM)|
|(c) Post Office Challan||May 9, 2020 (1 PM)|
|Final submission of Applications||May 9, 2020 (11.59 PM)|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||15-18 December 2020|
RRB Ministerial and Isolated Vacancies 2020
The total number of Vacancies for RRB Ministerial And Isolated Recruitment 2020 is 1665. The following table has the zone-wise vacancy details. All candidates can check the table below:
|RRB Zone||General||OBC||EWS||SC||ST||Total Post|
RRB MI Recruitment 2020: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must take care of the following important aspects of the Eligibility criteria and Application form. All candidates must read:
- The candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria perfectly before they proceed to fill the Application Form
- Secondly, candidates cannot change their selected RRB once it is final
- The candidates who do not meet or satisfy the eligibility criteria cannot fill the application form
- The eligibility criteria vary from the age of the candidate, their qualification and medical standards. Also, the nationality of the candidates
- Candidates must know the complete and detailed RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria before apply for any post.
- Moreover, the candidates must possess the official certificates of their qualification, DOB, Identity Proof
- The age-relaxation varies from one category to another
- The minimum percentage required for the Eligibility in different categories are:
Age-Limit for RRB Stenographer Recruitment
The candidates must meet the age eligibility of RRB Stenographer Recruitment. The following table has the RRB Age Eligibility Criteria:
|Age Groups||Upper DOB Limit||Lower DOB Limit|
|18-30||2nd July 1889||2nd July 1986||2nd July 1984||1st July 2001|
|18-33||2nd July 1886||2nd July 1983||2nd July 1981||1st July 2001|
|18-40||2nd July 1979||2nd July 1976||2nd July 1974||1st July 2001|
|18-45||2nd July 1974||2nd July 1971||2nd July 1969||1st July 2001|
|20-35||2nd July 1984||2nd July 1981||2nd July 1979||1st July 1999|
Age-Relaxation of RRB MI Recruitment
The following table has complete details of RRB MI Recruitment Age-Relaxation:
|Categories||Communities||Relaxation in Upper Age|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||–||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than 6 months service after attestation||UR||30/33/35/40/45 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years plus Number of years of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||33/36/38/43/48 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years plus Number of years of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|SC/ST||35/38/40/45/50 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years plus Number of years of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||13 years|
|Candidates ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||UR||35/38/40/45/50 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||38/41/43/48/53 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years|
|SC/ST||40/43/45/50/55 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years|
|Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes and put in minimum of 3 years’ service (continuous or in broken spells)||UR||40/43/45/50/55 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years of age|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||43/46/48/53/58 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years of age|
|SC/ST||45/48/50/55/60 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years of age|
|Candidates who are working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institutes||UR||30/33/35/40/45 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years plus the length of service rendered or 5 years, whichever is lower.|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||33/36/38/43/48 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years plus a length of service rendered or 5 years, whichever is lower|
|SC/ST||35/38/40/45/50 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years plus a length of service rendered or 5 years, whichever is lower|
|Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from husband but not remarried.||UR||35/38/40/45/50 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years of age|
|OBC-Non-Creamy Layer||38/41/43/48/53 (as per upper age in Age Group) Years of age|
|SC/ST||40/43/45/50/55 (as per upper age in Age Group)Years of age|
Education Qualification for RRB MI Recruitment 2020
The following table tells the RRB MI Qualification Criteria. All candidates must check the table and ensure that they satisfy the RRB MI Qualification Eligibility before they fill the RRB MI Application Form
|Name of the Post||Educational Qualification|
|Junior Stenographer (Hindi)||10+2 or its equivalent with shorthand speed (80 WPM)|
|Junior Stenographer (English)||10+2 or its equivalent with shorthand speed (80 WPM)|
|Junior Translator (Hindi)||Master’s Degree or equivalent in Hindi or English with English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium|
|Staff and Welfare Inspector||Graduation + Diploma/ LLB or PG Diploma/ MBA|
|Chief Law Assistant||Degree (Law)|
|Law Asst. Grade III (Chemist & Metallurgist)||10+2 or its equivalent & Diploma/Certificate in Lab. Technology|
|Finger Print Examiner||10+2 or its equivalent and Certificate of All India Board for Examination of Finger Print Experts conducted by the Govt. of India|
|Head Cook||10+2 or its equivalent|
|Cook||10+2 or its equivalent|
|Senior Publicity Inspector||Degree & Diploma (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Publicity Inspector||Degree & Diploma (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Photographer||10+2 or its equivalent. Diploma (Relevant Disciplines)|
|PGT Teacher Biology (Eng. Medium Male)||M.Sc or PG, B.Ed. or equivalent Degree|
|PGT Teacher English (Male)||Master Degree, B.Ed. or equivalent Degree|
|PGT Teacher English (Female)||Master Degree, B.Ed. or equivalent Degree|
|PGT Teacher Geography (Female)||Master Degree, B.Ed. or equivalent Degree|
|PGT Teacher Physics (Male)||2 years Integrated M.Sc or Master Degree, B.Ed. or equivalent Degree|
|PGT Teacher Physics (Female)||2 years Integrated M.Sc or Master Degree, B.Ed. or equivalent Degree|
|PGT Teacher Political Science (Female)||Master Degree, B.Ed. or equivalent|
|PGT Teacher Computer Science||B.E. or B.Tech (Computer Science/IT) + PG Diploma or M.Sc. (Computer Science)/ MCA or ME/ M.Tech|
|TGT/ Computer Science||B.C.A. or Graduation (Computer Science) or BE/ B.Tech or Graduation in any subject|
|TGT Teacher Home Science (Female)||Degree with Diploma (Home Science) or B.Sc. (Home Science) with Degree/ Diploma (Training/ Education)|
|TGT Teacher Hindi (Female)||10+2/ its equivalent & B.A/ B.Sc/ B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed/ B.El.Ed or Degree with Hindi, D.Ed/ B.Ed, Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)|
|TGT Teacher Social Science (Female)||10+2/ its equivalent & B.A/ B.Sc/ B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed/ B.El.Ed or Degree with Social Science, D.Ed/ B.Ed, Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)|
|PTI English Medium (Male)||Degree with Diploma (Physical Training) or B.P.Ed|
|PTI English Medium (Female)||Degree with Diploma (Physical Training) or B.P.Ed|
|Asst. Mistress (Junior School)||10+2/ its equivalent & D.Ed/ D.El.Ed or Degree with D.Ed, Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)|
|Music Mistress||10+2/ its equivalent or B.A with Music|
|Dance Mistress||Diploma/ Degree (Dance)|
|Laboratory Asst/ School||10+2 or its equivalent with Science & relevant experience|
RRB Ministerial and Isolated Recruitment Exam Syllabus 2020
The following table has RRB MI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2020. All candidates must check it as it will help them prepare the exam:
- Choice questions and 120 minutes are given to PwBD candidates who are availing the Scribe facility
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks on every wrong answer
- Candidates must qualify all the sections of the exam
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
|General Intelligence and reasoning||15||15|
RRB MI Recruitment: Computer Based Test (CBT) (For Posts of Junior Stenographer/Hindi & English posts). The table below has all the information:
|Part||Subject||No. Of Questions||Total Marks||Time duration|
|I||General Awareness||50||100||90 Minutes|
|II||Hindi or English Language||50||100|
Documents Required for RRB MI Application Form
The candidates must keep the following documents ready before they start to fill the Application Form. The already ready documents will help in the speedy filling of the form. Candidates must take a look at the following points:
Scanned Documents- Photograph
- Firstly, candidates must have scanned photographs of theirs in JPEG Format.
- The size of the scanned photo must be 20-50 KB
- Secondly, the photo should be colored
- The background of the photo must be light
- Moreover, the candidate’s face must be clearly visible in the photograph
- The photo must be clicked from a professional camera.
- Also, the photo should be clicked on or after 1st January 2020
Scanned Documents- Signature
- Firstly, the candidates must have scanned image of their signature in JPEG Format
- Secondly, the size must be 10-40 KB
- Also, the image must be very clear
- The candidates should sign on a white paper with black ink
Community Certificate- Scanned Documents
- The candidates who belong to SC/ST categories must upload the scanned copies of their community certificate if they want to get a free travel pass
- The image of the certificate must be very clear
How to fill RRB MI Recruitment 2020 Application Form?
The candidates must follow the steps given below to fill the application form for RRB Ministerial and Isolated Recruitment 2020
- Firstly, visit the official website of RRB i.e www.indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on Recruitment for NTPC, Para-Medical, Level-1 and MI Posts
- Candidates are supposed to choose the RRB they want to go for
- Candidates must understand that the RRB once selected will not be changed or modified
- Read the important instructions and confirm that the candidates have read the instructions
- Candidates will now click on ‘New Registration’
- Now, candidates will enter their personal details like Name, Father’s Name, Adhaar Card Details, Phone number, E-mail id etc
- After this, the candidate will receive an OTP on their phone number and e-mail id to verify the contact details
- Now candidates will fill the OTP and then they will receive a Registration number and Password and Submit
- Step 2 of the Form is the Log in
- Now candidates will click on ‘Already Registered’
- Then, a login page will appear where candidates will fill the details like Education Details, Gender, Religion, Community etc.
- Now, candidates have to set the priority of posts if the candidate is eligible to select more than 1 post
- Now, candidates will be directed towards the Payment Page.
- Candidates must choose the payment method now in order to complete the Payment process
- Candidates also have to choose the language in which they want to give an exam (English is set by default)
- Candidates will be asked for their bank account details because, after CBT-1, an amount of payment will be refunded to the candidates
There are two methods of paying for the RRB MI Application form:
- Offline mode (bank challan of SBI)
- Online mode (Debit/Credit/SBI Net Banking)
General Candidates: Rs.500/- (Rs.400/- will be refunded after CBT-1) Females and all other categories: Rs.250/- (Rs.250/- will be refunded after CBT-1)
Photo, signature and community certificate
- Now, candidates will be directed to the page where they have to upload their photo and signature
- Click on upload, select photo from the desktop gallery, double click on it and click ok
- The photo will be uploaded
- Do the same in case of Signature
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST must upload their community certificate in order to get their free travel pass
- In the end, candidates can submit the application form
RRB MI Application Form Correction 2020
After the submission of the article, if the candidates want to make any changes or edits in the form, they must follow the following criteria. The candidates must note that they have to pay Rs.100/- for RRB NTPC Application Form Correction.
- The e-mail id and phone number cannot be changed
- If the candidate is modifying the community, they have to pay the difference in exam fee i.e 250/- along with the modification charge
- In case, the candidate is changing the gender, he will have to pay the difference in examination fee i.e. Rs.250/- in addition to the modification fee
- The modifications can only be done two times
RRB MI Recruitment 2020 FAQs
Q. When is the RRB Ministerial and Isolated Recruitment Exam scheduled?
Ans: The RRB MI Exam is tentatively scheduled in May 2020 however, it may be postponed due to Lockdown. RRB will announce the new exam dates after May. But, as per recent announcements, the RRB NTPC Exam will be conducted by the end of 2020.
Q. What is the Selection Process for RRB MT 2020 Recruitment?
Ans: Candidates are selected for the applied post with their performance in Single Stage Computer Based Test (CBT), Stenography Skill Test (SST)/ Translation Test (TT)/ Performance Test (PT)/ Teaching Skill Test (TST) (as applicable), Document Verification and Medical Examination. Candidates qualifying all these stages above the cut off will be eligible for getting shortlisted to their desired post.
Q. Is the RRB MI Exam conducted in Online Mode?
Ans: Yes, the first stage of the exam is conducted in Online mode for 100 marks. The question Paper includes a total of 100 questions. The total time duration to complete the exam is 2 hours.
Q. When will the RRB MI Admit Card be issued? Is it mandatory to carry the RRB MI Admit Card to the exam center?
Ans: The RRB MI Admit Card will be issued a week before the exam. Yes, it is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam hall. Without the admit card candidates will not be allowed to take up the exam. Ensure to take a printout after downloading the admit card.
Q. How many sections are there in RRB MI Exam and which are the important topics?
Ans: The RRB MI Online Exam includes 5 sections i.e., professional Ability, General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Mathematics, and General Science. This Online Exam is common for all posts except for Junior Stenographer/Hindi & English posts.
Share your thoughts/queries here!