RRB Marks Normalization 2020
Railway Recruitment Board has announced the RRB JE CBT 2 Answer Key. Railway Recruitment Board calculates the marks through the Normalization of the score. RRB Marks Normalization is done in all its exams from RRB JE, RRB NTPC, RRB Group D, AlP and more.
What is RRB Marks Normalization?
RRB calculates the marks of all candidates appearing for the RRB JE exam through normalized score calculation. As the examination is conducted in multiple shifts with different difficulty levels, Normalization is nothing but adjusting scores measured on different scales (difficulty level, etc) to a common scale.
Why is RRB Normalization Marks Done?
RRB practices the process of Normalization to convert all marks into a standardized form to make it fair for all candidates. It’s done to evaluate the performance of all the candidates on similar exam parameters i.e. it aims to adjust the difficulty level across different shifts of the exam.
- The normalization is done following the fundamental assumption that in all multi-shifts examination, the distribution of abilities of candidates is the same across all shifts.
- This fundamental assumption holds true since the number of candidates appearing in the exam conducted by Railway Recruitment Board is large and allocation of shifts to the candidates is random.
How is RRB Marks Normalization Done?
The scores calculated using the normalized formula can be corrected up to 5 places of decimal. Given below is the formula for calculation of final scores of candidates in RRB exam:
Example for RRB JE Normalization
Go through the RRB Marks Normalization Example mentioned below.
- A candidate got 142 marks on 11 August, 2nd shift.
- The Average marks of top 0.1% candidates in all sessions = 191
- Sum of Mean and SD (cut-off) for all sessions = 131
- Average marks of top 0.1% candidates in 11th August 2nd shift = 185
- Sum of Mean and SD (which is basically a cut-off)for 11th august 2nd session = 129
- Normalization marks = (60/56) (13) + 129 = 142.92
How to check RRB JE CBT 2 Answer Key 2019-20?
Railway Recruitment Board has announced the Answer Key for RRB JE CBT 2 Examination. Get the RRB JE Answer Key for CBT 2 by clicking on the Direct Link mentioned below.
Alternatively, follow these steps to download the RRB JE CBT 2 Answer Key
- Visit the Official RRB website – www.rrbcdg.gov.in
- Click on the Advertisement which says “Download the RRB JE Answer Answer Key 2019-20”
- After clicking on the link, you will be taken to a log-in page.
- Enter your Roll number, Date of Birth & Captcha.
- Once the Submit Button is pressed, the RRB JE Answer key will be displayed
- Download that Answer Key for future reference as the Answer Key will not be available on the website for a long period of time.
Share your thoughts/queries here!