RRB ALP Salary Structure & Job Profile 2020
- RRB ALP Salary Structure 2020
- RRB ALP Salary FAQs
RRB ALP Salary and Job Profile 2020:- As Railway Recruitment Board has recently released the ALP Stage 2 Result for RRB ALP (Assistant Loco Pilots) and Technicians, applicants are eager to know about RRB ALP Salary & Job Profile. To help those aspirants out, we have prepared a dedicated post on RRB ALP Pay Scale & Job Profile.
- This is a very good opportunity for those candidates who aim to work in the Railway department.
- In this post, you can find details about Salary, Job Profile, Allowances, Promotion, and Growth as an ALP for Indian Railways.
- Candidates must know the latest RRB ALP Cut Off pattern properly as it will help them to understand the exam in a better way.
RRB ALP Salary Structure 2020
The largest public sector recruiter in the nation, Indian Railways pays a handsome salary to its employees along with mouth-watering perks and allowances.
- RRB ALP employees will be provided with Level 2 of the 7th Pay Commission Pay matrix, which means the pay scale for an RRB ALP employee is Rs. 19,900.
- Aspirants should attempt RRB ALP/Technician Mock Tests to enhance their preparation. These tests are available both in English and Hindi medium.
- Here, we have provided the complete details of the RRB ALP salary structure and Job profile of an Assistant Loco Pilot.
RRB ALP Salary After 7th Pay Hike
The RRB ALP salary has been increased slightly after the implementation of the 7th pay commission. Apart from the basic pay, aspirants will be entitled to get other allowances. The pay scale is Rs. 5200 – 20200/-. Furthermore, you will get a grade pay of Rs.1900. Your gross salary would be Rs.26752/-.
|RRB ALP Pay/Allowances||Recoveries|
|Pay||Rs. 5830/-||NPS||Rs. 1848/-|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 1900/-||Income Tax||Rs. 0|
|Running All||Rs. 6050/-|
|Gross Pay||Rs. 26752/-||Deductions||Rs. 1848/-|
|Total Deduction||Rs. 1848/-|
|Net Pay||Rs. 24904|
RRB ALP Salary Allowances 2020
Apart from the basic salary, an RRB Assistant Loco Pilot will get other benefits such as:
- Dearness Allowance
- Running allowance (depending on the kilometres travelled).
- Transport Allowance.
- House Rent Allowance (in case of no quarters is provided).
- Deduction of 10% from the salary (for New Pension Scheme).
RRB ALP Job Profile
candidates who have applied for the RRB ALP exam must know the job responsibilities, roles, and duties of an Assistant Loco Pilot. The job responsibilities of a Loco Pilot include:
- Providing assistance to the Loco Driver in fine-tuning the locomotive.
- Helping in minor repairing of the locomotive.
- Understanding and identifying defects in tracks from jerks.
- Working for the maintenance, safety, security, and productivity of the locomotive.
- Checking the locomotive regularly to ensure its efficiency.
- Keeping watch on railway signal.
This job will involve constant travelling. But this is compensated with the running allowance. Running allowance will be given based on the kilometres travelled monthly.
RRB ALP Promotion & Career Growth
The salary of an RRB Assistant Loco Pilot increases with the increase in the position of ALP. After the post of Assistant Loco Pilot, you can be promoted to Senior Assistant Loco Pilot and finally, Loco Pilot. After this level, you have the choice to become either a Power Controller or a Crew Controller or a Loco Foremen. Below is the Career Growth or Hierarchy followed by Railways RRB Assistant Loco Pilot:
Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)
Senior Assistant Loco Pilot (Sr. ALP)
Loco Pilot (LP)
Power Controller/ Crew Controller/ Loco Foreman (Loco Supervisor)
RRB ALP Salary FAQs
Q. What is the salary of RRB ALP?
The Payscale that an RRB ALP receives is Rs. 5200 to Rs.20200. The Grade Pay for the post of RRB ALP is Rs. 1900 and Dearness Allowance is Rs. 10752. The HRA that the selected candidate will receive is Rs. 1005.
Q. What is the RRB ALP Salary In Hand?
The In-Hand Salary that the RRB ALP receives is Rs. 35,975. This includes the basic salary and other allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TPA), Running Allowance, and many others.
Q.Does RRB ALP has a good job profile?
Answer- Jobs under the Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) are considered one of the most sought after jobs in India. It is because of the security that these jobs provide. It will involve constant travelling. After the Assistant Loco Pilot’s post, you will be promoted to Senior Assistant Loco Pilot and finally, Loco Pilot. After this level, you have the choice to become either a Power Controller or a Crew Controller or a Loco Foremen.
Q.What is the RRB ALP starting salary of an Assistant Loco Pilot?
The starting salary of an Assistant Loco Pilot is approximately Rs. 35,000 inclusive of allowances. It will include allowances such as House Rent Allowances, Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance, and Running Allowance.
Candidates must go through the RRB ALP Result page as it will provide you with an idea of what to expect in this upcoming 2020 exam. I hope you liked this post on RRB ALP Salary 2020. If you have any queries or suggestions, do write to us in the comments below. Lastly, do not forget to stay updated with the Latest Current Affairs as it will help you sail through most of the competitive exams.
Q. What are the job responsibilities of an RRB ALP?
The job responsibilities of an RRB Assistant Loco Pilot include: providing assistance to the Loco Driver in fine-tuning the locomotive, helping in minor repairing of the locomotive, understanding and identifying defects in tracks from jerks, working for the maintenance, safety, security, and productivity of the locomotive, checking the locomotive regularly to ensure its efficiency, and keeping watch on railway signal.
Share your thoughts/queries here!
Share your thoughts/queries here!