Are you Eligible? Check the RBI Officer Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2018
- RBI Officer Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2018
The Reserve Bank of India has released the notification for RBI Officer Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2018. Know whether you are eligible to apply or not?
RBI Officer Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2018
RBI has announced vacancies for Grade B Officer and the application starts from 3rd July 2018. The Phase I exam will be conducted on 16th August 2018 and Phase II exam will be conducted on 7th September 2018. A total of 166 vacancies are open for General, DEPR & DISM. Find here the eligibility criteria for RBI Grade B Officers based on Nationality, Age Limit, Education Qualification, Number of Attempts etc.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/She can be a subject of Nepal.
- He/She can be a subject of Bhutan.
- Candidate can be a Tibetan citizen who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of settling down in India.
- Candidate of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit (as on 1st July,2018)
- Minimum age should be 21 years.
- Maximum age should be 30 years.
Age Relaxation based on Reservation Category
|Reservation Category||Age Relaxation|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||10 Years|
Candidate appearing for RBI Officer Grade B exam must have the following Educational Qualification:
Officers in Grade B (DR)- General
- Graduation with minimum 60% or 6.75 CGPA (50% or 5.75 CGPA for reserved categories).
- Master’s Degree with minimum 55% or 6.25 CGPA (50% or 5.75 CGPA for reserved categories).
- Candidates having Post Graduation Diploma in Management and Masters in Business Administration can also apply.
- Chartered Accountants(CA), Company Secretary (CS) and Cost Accountants can also apply for the exam.
Officer in Grade B (DR)- DEPR
- Master’s Degree in Economics/ Econometrics/ Quantitative Economics/ Mathematical Economics/ Integrated Economic Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade in aggregate of all the semesters/years from a recognized Indian or Foreign Institute/University.
- M.Phil and Doctorate degree holders from recognized Indian or Foreign University will be given age relaxation of 2 years and 4 years respectively.
Officer in Grade B (DR)- DSIM
- Master’s in Statistic/ Statistical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics and Informatics from IIT-Bombay.
- Master’s degree in Statistics and one year diploma in Statistics or related subjects from a reputed institute.
- M.Stats degree from Indian Statistical Institute.
- Holder of Post Graduation Diploma in Business Analytics(PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT-Kharagpur & IIM Calcutta.
Number of Attempts
Candidates who are from Unreserved or General Category and have appeared for the Phase I exam for 6 times in the past are not eligible to apply. There is no limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD, if the post is reserved for them.
Stay tuned for more articles on RBI Grade B Officer Exam. Also, comment below if you have any query related to RBI Officer Grade B Eligibility. We will get back to you!
Share your thoughts/queries here!