Detailed RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 for Phase II
- RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018
- RBI Grade B Syllabus for Phase 2
- Paper I – Economics and Social Issues RBI Grade B Syllabus
- Paper II – English (Writing Skills)
- Paper III – Finance & Management RBI Grade B Syllabus
- RBI Grade B Syllabus for Phase 1
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018- Check detailed syllabus for both RBI Grade B Exam Phase II here.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018
The Reserve Bank of India will hold the RBI Grade B Phase II exam soon. The score card has been released for the Phase I exam. All aspirants who have qualified the Phase I exam can check the complete syllabus for Phase 2 exam here. Knowing the syllabus before-hand is of paramount importance. One can prepare accordingly and know exactly what and how to study for the exam. RBI Grade B syllabus contains important topics like Social and Economic issues, English Language, Management and Finance. The Phase II of RBI Grade B online examination will include both objective and subjective type questions. Apart from that, there will be an interview scheduled for a candidate clearing the phase II exam.
RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Pattern
There are three papers in RBI Grade B Phase I. Two of them are objective in nature – Social/Economic Issues and Finance & Management. And the last one is descriptive – English.
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Phase 2
After clearing the Phase 1 exam, candidates have to appear in the Phase 2 exam. The Phase 2 RBI Grade B Exam will include the following topics on Social and Economics issues, English writing skills, Finance and Management. The topics covered will be as follows:
Paper I – Economics and Social Issues RBI Grade B Syllabus
- Growth & Development- Measurement of Growth of National Income and Per-capita income, poverty alleviation and employment, environmental and sustainable development.
- Social Structure of India- Demographic Trends in India, Social Decimation, Favoring the unprivileged, Human Development, Urbanization and Migration, Demographic trend, Social movements and Political movements, Social sector in Health and Education.
- Economic Reforms in India- Industrial and Labour policies, Monetary policies, Fiscal policies, Privatization and Economic Planning.
- Globalization- Indian Economy opening up to globalization, EXIM policy, Balance of Payments, IMF, World Bank, etc
Suggested Study Material and Books for Paper 1
- Indian Economy: Uma Kapila(Series of Books)
- Indian Economy: Mishra Puri(Latest Edition)
- Growth and Development: Devraj Ray
- Sociology: C.N Shankar Rao
Newspapers: Economic Times, The Hindu, Business Standard.
Magazines: Economic and Political Weekly, Southern Economist, Yojana, Business India, RBI Bulletins.
Reports: World Development Report, Economic Survey of India.
Paper II – English (Writing Skills)
The aim of this paper is to test the writing skills and understanding of English Language.
Paper III – Finance & Management RBI Grade B Syllabus
Financial Systems: Bank Regulators and Financial Institutions.
Reserve Bank of India: Monetary Policy, Banking System of India, SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB.
Financial Market: Primary and Secondary Markets, Financial Instruments, Developments.
General Topics: Risk Management in Banking Sector, Public Private Partnerships, E-governance and Corporate Governance, Derivatives, Technology in Finance, Union Budget.
Suggested Study Material & Books – Finance
- An Introduction to Economics- A.W Stonier & D.C Hauge.
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy- Kenneth Kurihara.
- Indian Economy- Mishra and Puri.
- Economic Growth and Development- Mayer and Baldwin.
- Public Finance- K K Andley and Sundaram.
- Financial Management- Prasanna Chandra.
Management RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018
- Nature and Scope of Management, Roles and Leadership.
- Human Resource Development: HRD, Appraisal and Development,Performance Counselling, Career Planning, training and development, Motivation and Incentives, Morale and Moral,Building Morale.
- Communication: Communication process, Communication channels, Oral vs Written Communication, Verbal vs Non-Verbal Communication,Role of Technology in Communication.
- Corporate Governance: Corporate Governance and its methods and mechanism.
Suggested Study Materials and Books – Management
- Microeconomics, Students Value Edition(8th Edition) by Robert Pindyck, Daniel Rubinfeld.
- Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach(8th Edition) by Hal R. Varian.
- Macroeconomics 2011 by Rudiger Dornbusch, Stanley Fisher, Richard Starz.
- Macroeconomics by N. Gregory Mankiw (7th Edition).
- Indian Development Report (2015) by S. Mahendra Dev.
- International Economics (2011) by Dominick Salvatore.
- International Finance and Open Economy Macroeconomics (1993) by Francisco L. Riverabatiz
- Indian Economy since Independence (2014) by Uma Kapila.
- Public Finance in Theory and Practice(1989) by Richard Abel Musgrave & Peggy B. Musgrave.
- The Concise Oxford Companion to Economy of India, Edited by Kaushik Basu & Annemie Maertens.
- Indian Economy: Performance & Policies(2015) edited by Uma Kapila.
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Phase 1
Phase I Reasoning RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018
The syllabus for reasoning will include the following topics:
- Alphabet Test, Numerical Operations Test, Series Test, Analogy.
- Analytic Reasoning, Direction Sense Test, Sitting Arrangements.
- Number, Ranking and Tine Sequence, Causes and Effect.
- Decision making, Input Output & Puzzles.
- Odd Man Out, Coding-Decoding, Syllogisms, Classification, Blood Relations.
- Statement and Conclusion, Statement and Assumption, Statement and Arguments, Statement and Action Courses, Passage and Conclusions, Assertion and Reasoning, Figure Series, Word Formation Series.
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The syllabus for quantitative aptitude will include the following topics:
- Number System. H.C.F & L.C.M, Number Series, Numerical Problems.
- Decimal Fraction, Square Roots and Cube Roots.
- Profit & Loss, Simple and Compound Interest.
- Average and age’s Ratio and Proportion.
- Simplification, Partnership, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion.
- Probability, Permutation & Combination, Data Interpretation.
- Pie-Chart, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs and Mixed Graphs.
Phase 1 English RBI Grade B Syllabus
- Spotting Grammatical Errors.
- Order of Sentence and Jumbled up Sentence.
- Cloze Test.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Phrase Substitution.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Synonyms and Antonyms.
- One word substitution.
- Commonly Misspelled words.
RBI Grade B Phase 1 General Awareness Syllabus
This section will include general awareness on banking and a some focus on computer section.
- Banking Terms like Bank Rates, Repo Rates, Currency and Capital.
- Indian and International Economy.
- Ministers and Ministries.
- World Bank, IMF, UN, ADB, Finance and Shares.
- Books and their Authors.
- GDP, Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
- Sports(National and International).
- Government Welfare Scheme.
- Candidates must also be aware of Computer basics, Software and Hardware, MS Office, Operating System, History of Computer, Internet and Networking.
Now that you are well aware of the detailed RBI Grade B syllabus, roll up your sleeve and start preparing rigorously. Also, if you have any doubts regarding RBI Grade B Syllabus and Exam Pattern, let us know in the comment section below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!