RBI Grade B Selection Process 2019
Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Grade B Recruitment every year to select eligible candidates for the position of Grade B officer in its various branches all across the country. RBI Grade B selection process 2019 comprises of three stages – Phase I, Phase II and an interview.
- Reserve Bank of India Grade B examination is a great opportunity for all the Banking aspirants to serve the Central Bank of Indian Banking System.
- This article will provide you all the details of the RBI Grade B selection procedure 2019.
- Candidates will be notified soon for the RBI Grade B Application Form 2019 once it is available on the official website.
RBI Grade B Selection Process 2019
To clear the RBI Grade B Selection Process, there are 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. Brief of all the stages are given below-
- There are a total of 4 Subjects in Prelims- English Language, Reasoning Ability, Numerical Aptitude, and General Awareness.
- The total number of questions is 200, with a duration of 120 minutes (2 hours).
- For each correct answer, candidates will obtain 1 marks, and for each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25 (1/4).
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the minimum aggregate cut-off marks.
Mains (Written Exam)-
- This part is both Objective and Subjective.
- There are 3 different question papers would be there- (Phase I, Phase II & Phase III).
- Paper I (Objective)- Economical and Social Issues.
- Paper-II (Descriptive Test)- English Writing Skills
- Paper III (Objective)- Finance and Management or Economics or Statistics (Optional among these).
- The total time will be allotted for 90 minutes and is of 100 marks for each section.
- Paper I & III will bilingual in Hindi and English.
- The interview will be taken by the panel of 4-5 Beaurecrats/ Psychologists.
- The theme of the interview would be general perception towards the nation, the Indian government and the knowledge of the Indian Banking and International Banking.
- The candidates who cleared there written exam ( Paper I+Paper-II+Paper III) on the basis of min aggregate marks, will call for the interview.
- The interview will be taken either in Hindi or in English.
- Final Selection will prepare on the basis of the merit list, by adding the marks of the written exam and the interview.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2019 for Prelims
There are 4 subjects were there in the Prelims exam. The total time duration is of 2 Hours-
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2019 for Mains
- Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in Phase-II online examination to be shortlisted for the interview.
- The Phase-II Online examination will have three papers.
- Negative marking is applicable for paper 1 & paper 2.
|Economic and Social Issues (Paper-I)||Objective||90 minutes||100 marks|
|English Writing Skills (Paper-III)||Descriptive||90 minutes||100 marks|
|Optional Subject (Paper-II)||Objective||90 minutes||100 marks|
|Total||270 minutes||300 marks|
Check: RBI Grade B Salary
RBI Grade B Interview Process
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on the aggregate score obtained in Phase I and Phase II of the examination.
- The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted will be decided by the Board based on the number of vacancies.
- The Interview is out of 50 marks.
- Candidates can opt for the interview either in English or Hindi.
Interview = RBI Grade B Phase I + RBI Grade B Phase II
RBI Grade B Final Selection 2019
Final selection is based on adding the marks of Phase I and Phase-II and interviews.
Share your thoughts/queries here!