RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2019
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the central banking institution of India and controls the monetary policy of the country. The RBI Grade B recruitment 2019 comprises of three phases- phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3. In this article, candidates will get all the information related to the RBI Grade B Exam Pattern –
- The RBI phase 1 is an objective paper whereas RBI phase 2 is a descriptive test.
- Phase 3 is an interview which is the ultimate phase of the entire process.
- The RBI Grade B Notification 2019 is expected to release in the month of July 2019.
- The exam will be tentatively held in the month of August 2019.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates must know the RBI Grade B exam pattern for Prelims and Mains, which will help them to prepare for the exam also, to build the speed and to track the accuracy for RBI Grade B Recruitment-
Prelims Exam Pattern
There are 4 subjects were there in the Prelims exam. The total time duration is of 2 Hours-
|Subjects||No. of questions||Time Duration|
|General Awareness||80||120 minutes|
Mains Exam Pattern
There are 3 separate tests for Mains that are 2 Objective Test and 1 Descriptive Test.
|Name of Test||Paper Type||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Economic and Social Issues||Objective Test||100||90|
|Finance and Management||Objective Test||100||90|
|English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive Test||100||90|
Important Points to Remember
- The exam will conduct in online mode.
- The candidates who manage to clear the phase 1 will only be applicable for phase 2.
- On a further note, the candidates who clear the phase 2 will be able to make it for the interview round.
- Final selection will be made by merit obtained by candidates in Phase-II (Paper-I + Paper-II) and Interview round.
- The interview will be taken by the panel of 4-5 Beaurecrats/ Psychologists.
- The theme of the interview would be general perception towards the nation, the Indian government and the knowledge of the Indian Banking and International Banking.
- The candidates who cleared there written exam ( Paper I+Paper-II+Paper III) on the basis of min aggregate marks, will call for the interview.
- The interview will be taken either in Hindi or in English.
- Final Selection will prepare on the basis of the merit list, by adding the marks of the written exam and the interview.
RBI Grade B Officer Syllabus
Let us take a quick glance at some of the important topics of the RBI Grade B syllabus which is a vital part of the RBI Grade B exam pattern.
- Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Spotting Error
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Sentence Improvement
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Coding & Decoding
- Seating Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Age Limit- Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years of age.
- Here in the below table candidates can check the RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria in the Educational Qualification-
|DR General||Min 60% for General Category (SC/ST/PWD – 55%)|
|Bachelor’s Degree from Recognized University|
|DEPR||Min 55% for all Category|
|Master’s Degree in Economics related subjects from Recognized Indian/ Foreign University|
|DSIM||Min 55% for all Category|
|Master Degree in Mathematics/ Economics/ Business related subjects from Recognized University|
Share your thoughts/queries here!