RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which One is Better?
- The candidates should also go through the detailed IBPS Clerk Syllabus and RBI Assistant Syllabus to know the exam in a deeper level
- Know about the exam patterns, Benefits and pay scales of both the job profiles
- According to RBI Assistant Notification, 926 vacancies have been released
- For both, the Job Profiles, Prelims, and Mains exam will be conducted
- As per the IBPS Clerk Recruitment,12075 vacancies have been notified
- RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which one is better?
- Basic Differences between RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern vs IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
- Benefits of Working as RBI Assistant
- Click to Check Detailed RBI Assistant Vacancies List Here
- Cons of Working as RBI Assistant:
- Click to Check IBPS Clerk Expected Cut Off 2017
RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which is better? Which one to choose? -Get detailed information along with the pros and cons of both RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk
Candidates often have queries related to job profiles of both the RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk Exam. If you are confused about what to choose between RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk, then this article is the perfect fit for you. With a variety of exams being conducted these days, these questions regarding which job stream to choose is a general question as the task of deciding has become a very tough task for all the aspirants.
In this article, we will provide you with the basic information regarding- RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk. We will compare RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk-the payscales, the pros, cons, exam pattern and many more.
Know about the exam patterns, Benefits and pay scales of both the job profiles
According to RBI Assistant Notification, 926 vacancies have been released
For both, the Job Profiles, Prelims, and Mains exam will be conducted
As per the IBPS Clerk Recruitment,12075 vacancies have been notified
RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which one is better?
Firstly, we should focus on the basic differences like the exam pattern, marking scheme, selection procedure, and eligibility criteria, etc.
Basic Differences between RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk
Reserve Bank of India
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
3 (Prelims, Mains, Interviews)
3 (Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test)
Assistant (Clerical Level)
Clerk (Clerical Level)
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern vs IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The following tables below will provide you with exam patterns and selection procedure of both the exams- RBI Assistant and IBPS-
I. RBI Assistant Prelims:
This is the Exam Pattern for the RBI Assistant Prelims Exam-
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
IBPS Clerk Exam Prelims:
This table below will provide you with the exam pattern for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam-
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Total composite time of 60 minutes (1 hour)|
In the prelims exam, you won’t find any provision for sectional time division.
II. RBI Assistant Mains Exam:
RBI Assistant Mains exam is generally conducted within 2-3 weeks of the Prelims exam. For every incorrect response, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. This is applicable both in prelims and mains
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
The candidate’s score in the mains exam is considered in the final selection procedure. So, it is very crucial to perform well in IBPS Mains to crack the IBPS clerk exam. The IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern is mentioned below-
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Time|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
Questions in all the sections will be both in Hindi as well as English, except for the English Language section. For every incorrect response, you get penalized by 0.25 marks. The candidates need to surpass the sectional as well as the overall cut- off in order to crack the IBPS clerk exam. Please note that in provisional allotment under the IBPS Clerk selection procedure, total marks out of 200 will be converted out of 100.
RBI Assistant VS IBPS Clerk -Benefits and Cons
RBI Assistant is generally a clerical type of a job dealing with the entry of inward and outward of mail and data entry. There are around 20 departments in RBI having different sections. An RBI assistant has to do works like analyzing and generation of reports, initialization of notes, etc.
Benefits of Working as RBI Assistant
- Working Days: The candidates have to work only five days a week.
- Public Dealing: There is no public dealing involved.
- Accommodation Facility: RBI provides accommodation in its self-maintained quarters so no problem will be there if a person gets transferred to a place where he/she doesn’t have proper housing facilities.
- Educational loans and Scholarship: RBI gives scholarships and educational loans up to 20 lakhs at very nominal rates to the children of the employees.
- Housing Loan: RBI provides housing loan facility up to 30 lakhs, also at very nominal rates.
- Personal Advances: Advances for furniture, festivals, etc. are given generously.
- Medical Benefits: RBI provides excellent medical benefits where the whole family of the employee gets covered.
- Leaves: RBI grants once in a year leave for vacation in India.
- Salary: RBI provides better salaries as compared to other nationalized banks.
- Work Pressure: Comparatively less stressful.
- Promotion: After joining as Assistant in RBI and working for 3 years an employee can opt for the departmental promotional examination to get the promotion to Assistant Manager level. Even if a person is not able to crack the RBI Grade B officer’s exam, this is considered a good opportunity to join RBI. It can be achieved gradually by staying in the organization for some time.
Benefits of working as IBPS Clerk
- For many banks, clerks can depart office premises after the designated working timings are over.
- Flexible Duty Hours and Working in Shifts Facilities
- Work Pressure is less & work environment is very good
Cons of Working as RBI Assistant:
- More or less, it is a clerical job, one needs to assist his/her immediate officer in RBI.
- One has to appear in Grade B direct recruitment for more exposure.
- The vacancy is very less and the competition is more.
Cons of working as IBPS Clerk
- Work-related pressure might be more in the case of scheduled commercial banks.
- For IBPS Clerks, one may have to make separate living arrangements according to the particular branch where one is being posted.
- Growth changes come into effect only after completing 2 years of probation period.
Rbi Assistant Payscale vs IBPS Clerk Payscale
|Exam||RBI Assistant||IBPS Clerk|
|Basic Pay||Rs 8,860/month||Rs.11,765/month|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 8,040 – 410 – 9270 – 500 – 11,270 – 550 – 13,470 – 650 – 15,420 – 720 – 16,140 – 990 – 20,100 (20 years).||Rs. 19000/- monthly|
Stay tuned for more updates on RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk.
Share your thoughts/queries here!