RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which One is Better?
- RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which one is better?
- Basic Differences between RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk
- Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
- IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
- Perks, Pros and Cons of RBI Assistant
- Click to Check RBI Assistant Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2017
- Benefits of Working as RBI Assistant – RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk
- Click to Check Detailed RBI Assistant Vacancies List Here
- Click to check 80 Days Study plan for IBPS Clerk
- IBPS Clerk
- Click to Check IBPS Clerk Expected Cut Off 2017
RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which is better? – Get each and evry details along with pros and cons of RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk
RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk- Which one is better?
Dear Aspirants, many students often ask the questions related to the comparison of two job profiles. The most asked questions are generally related to banking and government sector. If you are in a chaos regarding what to choose between RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk, then this article is the perfect fit for you. With a variety of exams being conducted these days, these questions regarding which job stream to choose is a general question as the task of deciding has become a very tough task for all the aspirants. The general questions asked are-
- RBI Assistant promotion to officer
- RBI Assistant salary after wage revision
RBI Assistant vs SBI PO
RBI Assistant manager salary
RBI Assistant salary 2017
We have cleared each and every doubt regarding what to choose- RBI Assistant or IBPS Clerk- RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk-which one is better? In this article, you will find the detailed pros and cons of RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk, RBI Recruitment 2017.
Firstly, we should focus on the basic differences like the exam pattern, marking scheme, selection procedure and eligibility criteria etc.
Basic Differences between RBI Assistant and IBPS Clerk
Reserve Bank of India
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
3 (Prelims, Mains, Interviews)
3 (Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test)
Assistant (Clerical Level)
Clerk (Clerical Level)
Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
I. RBI Assistant Prelims:
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
II. RBI Assistant Mains Examination:
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- RBI Assistant Mains exam will be conducted within 2-3 weeks of the Prelims exam.
- For every incorrect response, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. This is applicable both in prelims and mains exam.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Total composite time of 60 minutes (1 hour)|
In prelims exam, you won’t find any provision for sectional time division.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
The candidate’s score in mains exam is considered in the final selection procedure. So, it is very crucial to perform well in IBPS Mains to crack IBPS clerk exam. The IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern is mentioned below-
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Time|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
Questions in all the sections will be both in Hindi as well as English, except for English Language section. For every incorrect response, you get penalized by 0.25 marks. The candidates need to surpass the sectional as well as the overall cut- off in order to crack IBPS clerk exam. Please note that in provisional allotment under IBPS Clerk selection procedure, total marks out of 200 will be converted out of 100.
Perks, Pros and Cons of RBI Assistant
RBI Assistant is generally a clericaltype of job dealing with the entry of inward and outward of mail and data entry. There are around 20 departments in RBI having different sections. A RBI assistant has to do works like analysing and generation of reports, initialization of notes, etc.
Benefits of Working as RBI Assistant – RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk
- Working Days: The candidates have to work only five days a week.
- Public Dealing: There is no public dealing involved.
- Accommodation Facility: RBI provides accommodation in its self-maintained quarters so no problem will be there if a person gets transferred to a place where he/she doesn’t have proper housing facility.
- Educational loans and Scholarship: RBI gives scholarships and educational loans up to 20 lakhs at very nominal rates to the children of the employees.
- Housing Loan: RBI provides housing loan facility up to 30 lakhs, also at very nominal rates.
- Personal Advances: Advances for furniture, festivals, etc. are given generously.
- Medical Benefits: RBI provides excellent medical benefits where the whole family of the employee gets covered.
- Leaves: RBI grants once in a year leave for vacation in India.
- Salary: RBI provides better salaries as compared to other nationalised banks.
- Work Pressure: Comparatively less stressful.
- Promotion: After joining as Assistant in RBI and working for 3 years an employee can opt for the departmental promotional examination to get the promotion to Assistant Manage level. Even if a person is not able to crack RBI Grade B officer’s exam, this is considered a good opportunity to join RBI. It can be achieved gradually by staying in the organisation for some time.
RBI Assistant Payscale
- Basic pay: Rs. 8,860/- per month (i.e. Rs. 8,040/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only).
- Pay scale: Rs. 8,040 – 410 – 9270 – 500 – 11,270 – 550 – 13,470 – 650 – 15,420 – 720 – 16,140 – 990 – 20,100 (20 years).
- More or less, it is a clerical job, one need to assist his/her immediate officer in RBI.
- One have to appear in Grade B direct recruitment for more exposure.
- Vacancy is very less, so competition is more.
Perks, Pros and Cons of IBPS Clerk
- For many banks, clerks can depart office premises after the designated working timings are over.
- Flexible Duty Hours and Working in Shifts Facilities
- Work Pressure is less & work environment is very good
- Work related pressure might be more in the case of scheduled commercial banks.
- For IBPS Clerks, one may have to make separate living arrangements according to the particular branch where one is being posted.
- Growth chances comes into affect only after completing 2 years of probation period.
The basic pay for IBPS Clerk profile is 11765/-. The in-hand salary for IBPS Clerk is usually more than Rs. 19000/- monthly.
Stay tuned for more updates on RBI Assistant vs IBPS Clerk.
Share your thoughts/queries here!