RBI Assistant Exam Pattern Changed – Sectional Time Limit in Mains Now!
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern Changed
- Latest RBI Assistant Exam Pattern- What are the major changes?
- Latest and New RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2017- Details about Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
- RBI Assistant exam 2017 Important Highlights
- RBI Assistant Selection Procedure – Selection and Final Result
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern- Check the latest pattern changes in RBI Assistant Mains exam and information about newly introduced sectional time limits
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern Changed
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern Changed – The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has officially released a notification for Assistant exam 2017! One of the most anticipated notifications, the RBI Assistant 2017 exam notification is out to fill 623 vacancies in the year 2017. Being one of the most competitive exams of all times, you can expect it to be competitive this year too. RBI is one of the glorious names in banking industry and to beat all odds in an exam like this, you need to get started with your preparation right away. Before getting started with the preparation as per the RBI Assistant exam pattern 2017, do read this post on RBI Assistant Exam Pattern Changed which will provide you info about all the major changes of pattern introduced this year onwards.
Latest RBI Assistant Exam Pattern- What are the major changes?
Please note that the exam pattern of RBI Assistant Prelims 2017 remains unchanged. RBI has introduced some major changes in the pattern of RBI Assistant Mains exam (2 major changes). Let us find out what the major changes are-
- In RBI Assistant Mains, sectional time limit has been introduced. Beforehand, there was concept of composite time duration for all sections.
- There will be no provision of switching between sections now.
- Beforehand, the time duration of the exam was 2 hours. But, this year you get 2 hours 15 minutes (when you sum up the sectional time limit of RBI Assistant Mains)
- Post clearing the 1st and 2nd stages (prelims and mains), you will have to appear for a rbi assistant Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
Latest and New RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
It’s time for a sneak- peak into the recent and latest changes in the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2016-17 in each phase-
As per the revised version of RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for 2017 Recruitment, the online examination will comprise of two stages- prelims and mains. The candidates who will qualify in the prelims examination will be called for mains exam. The selection will be decided based on scores of mains examination only.
The RBI Assistant Prelims New pattern is as follows-
I. RBI Assistant Prelims:
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
II. RBI Assistant Mains Examination:
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- RBI Assistant Mains exam will be conducted within 2-3 weeks of the Prelims exam.
- For every incorrect response, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. This is applicable both in prelims and mains exam.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2017- Details about Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
As per the name itself, this round is to test how proficient a candidate is in the regional language of the region where he/she will be posted. The exam dates for LPT round will be announced shortly. Let us sum up a few important points about LPT:
- Post the mains exam, you will have to sit for a language proficiency test (LPT) in case you have qualified in the mains exam.
- The language proficiency test (LPT) will be in the Official / Local Language of the concerned state (Annex-IV).
- A candidate will be disqualified if he/she is not proficient in the local language.
RBI Assistant exam 2017 Important Highlights
- All tests except the English language will be available in both languages, i.e. English and Hindi.
- A candidate needs to qualify in each one of the objective tests which are parts of the selection procedure.
- In order to sit for the RBI Assistant mains, you have to qualify in the Preliminary Examination.
- RBI will release an official notice with the names of candidates qualified in the prelims in month of December 2017. Roll number of those candidates who have qualified in the mains exam will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on RBI’s website in January 2018/ February 2018.
- The performance in mains + biometric verification + LPT will be taken into consideration for the final selection. The candidates will also have to surpass the medical fitness round as per prescribed rules of the bank.
RBI Assistant Selection Procedure – Selection and Final Result
The RBI Assistant Final list will be prepared as per the following factors:
- Overall performance in mains
- Your performance in Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
- Requirements of reservation
- Medical Fitness
- Submission of relevant documents in relation with the following:
-Caste Certificate, etc.
Stay tuned for more updates on RBI Assistant Exam Pattern Changed.
All the best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!