Railway Group D Selection Process 2019 – Check Complete Details Here
Railway Recruitment Cell has released the notification for the recruitment of various posts in different departments. However, the online process has been closed on 12th April 2019, the RRC Group D Admit Card is about to release in the month of September 2019 (Tentatively). Candidates go through this article for more details about the RRC Group D Selection Process in detail-
RRC Group D Selection Process 2019
- There is a total of 1,03,769 posts in RRC Group D Vacancy announced by the Railway.
- Candidates can check the complete information about the exam in the official notification on the RRC website.
- The candidates who applied can start their preparation with the help of detailed RRC Group D Syllabus, in which subject-wise complete detail is available.
- Candidates must know the hierarchy of the RRC Group D selection process made by the authorities, it will help the candidates who clear the exam step by step.
Railway Group D Selection Process
The Recruitment process will comprise of 4 stages. It will begin with a Computer Based Test followed by Physical Efficiency Test. Those who clear each if the first two rounds will be called for document verification and medical examination.
The Railway Group D Selection Process is as follows:
- Written Exam
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document and candidature verification
- Medical examination
- The RRC Group D Selection Process of the candidates will be based on the written exams. Those who do not clear the online exam are not eligible for the next process.
- Candidates can choose their own regional language in addition to English- Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
- In the written test there are 100 questions for a period of 90 minutes.
- It will comprise of four sections- General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science, Mathematics, and General Awareness on Current Affairs.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Durations|
|Mathematics||100 (Objective Type with Multiple Choice questions )||90 minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST30%.
- These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates should be able to perform the following physical efficiency test according to the rules.
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.||Lift and Carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down|
|Run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.|
Document Verification and Empanelment of Candidates
- Candidates who clear the CBT and the PET will be called for document verification.
- If two candidates are scoring the same marks, then the selection of older person will be considered.
- Those who are selected in the DV will be provisionally selected. Their final selection is subject to medical fitness test conducted by Railways.
- The Railway Administrations shall conduct the final verification of the documents.
- In the process of DV, the respective railway boards will check the educational and community certificates and verification of character of the candidates.
- Railways have very strict medical rules for recruitment.
- Candidate should be medically fit and free from illness.
- The eyesight of the candidate is taken into consideration.
- Candidates who wear spectacles suffer from myopia or hypermetropia will not be considered. They should have normal visual acuity.
- Those who suffer from vision problems will not be considered for Railway Group D posts.
Railway Group D Eligibility
The RRC Group D Eligibility Criteria is based on 2 factors- Educational Qualification and Age Limit.
- 10th Pass (Matriculation) or ITI from recognized institutions by NCVT/ SCVT or equivalent or National Apprenticeship certificate granted by NCVT.
- 10th plus NAC granted by NCVT or 10th Pass plus ITI From institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT.
- Candidates should be a minimum of 18 years.
- The maximum age of the candidates is 33 years
Share your thoughts/queries here!