Railway Group D Preparation Tips and Tricks – Check Here
Read in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Check Railway Group D Preparation Tips and tricks to score more on the exam. Get the important strategy to achieve success in the exam.
Railway Group D Preparation Tips
Dear Railway Aspirants,
As we all know that the Railway group D exam notification has been released on 10th February 2018. Now, it’s the time when candidates should start off with their preparation so that they can perform well in the exam. Preparation will get stronger with time if students start it right now. In this article, we have shared the Railway Group D Preparation Tips for the ease of students and for them to achieve success in the exam.Check the detailed RRB Group D Syllabus.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
|Written Test||General Knowledge||20||90 Minutes|
Pattern of the RRB exam
The exam will have four sections:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and
It will be a computer-based Test CBT for 100 marks exam with 90 minutes duration.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers. In case, of an incorrect answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
Tips to follow
For General Awareness Section:
These topics should be thoroughly done:
- Current Affairs
- Railways Related questions.
Section Wise Railway Group D Preparation Tips and Tricks
General Intelligence and Reasoning: Reasoning is the section which is just to check your awareness towards your brain. It is not based on formulae. It can make your selection easy if you do your practice carefully.
Numerical Ability: Candidates who are giving CBT test for SSE, JE and ALP posts should do this section carefully because this section is scoring if practiced daily.
Railways RRB Group D Mathematics Preparation Tips:
There are certain important tips mentioned below for the preparation of Railway Group D exam. If you follow it stepwise, you will definitely improve your performance score some valuable marks.
Revise the formulae related to arithmetic (quantitative aptitude) section. The 10 most important topics you need to work on are:
(i) percentages (ii) time and work (iii) time, speed and distance (iv) simple interest and compound interest (v) data analysis and interpretation (vi) profit and loss (vii) ratio and proportion (viii) mixture and allegation (ix) averages (x) problems on ages.
1. LCM and HCF
2. Time and Work
3. Piper and Cistern
4. Number System
1. Ratio and Proportion
2. Mixture and Allegation
2. Simple Interest
3. Compound Interest
4. Profit and Loss
1. Time, Distance and Training
2. Boat and Stream
Simplification and Approximation: Use the BODMAS rule. This section can easily give you 10-12 marks in the exam.
Advanced Math: Advanced Math consists of mensuration, geometry, surd, indices and co-related topics.
Number Series: You must be able to spot the pattern of the number series when you look at the problem in the first 30 seconds. Do not take more than a minute on Number series problems. The operations are based on basic arithmetic operations or their combination
Data Interpretation: Practice calculative sets of tabular DI, Pie, Bar, and line based graphs. Good calculation speed will be of immense help.
Preparation Tips for RRB Group D Mathematics/Quantitative Aptitude:
- Know the exam pattern and Syllabus well
- Understand the concepts well
- Revise the formulas for different topics and apply them well
- Learn to solve problems of higher level of difficulty
- Manage your time well
- Stay focused on exams
- Remember that Practice makes a man perfect
- Sleep well and eat well before exams
- Sectional cutoff in Quantitative Aptitude is crucial to success in SBI Clerk
- Solve Mock tests regularly
- Evaluate your performance regularly
- Speed and Accuracy is necessary in numerical ability
RRB Group D General Awareness/Current Affairs Preparation Tips
- Read newspaper on a daily basis. Choose The Hindu and The Economic Times to get quality material.
- Have a look at the detailed GK syllabus.
- Collect quality study material like The Manorama Yearbook.
- Study regularly for a fixed interval of time.
- Take one GA Mock Test on a daily basis to evaluate your performance.
- Take quizzes to improve your knowledge.
- Discuss with your peers to share knowledge.
Stay tuned for more updates on Railway Group D Preparation Tips.
Share your thoughts/queries here!