Railway Group D Post Name list 2019 | Post Preference, Salary & More
- Highlights: Railway Group D Post Name list 2019
- Railway Group D Post Name List
- Job Profile – Railway Group D Post Name List
- How To Fill Post Preference in RRC Group D Application Form?
- Factors affecting Post preference in Railway RRC Group D 2019
- Salary and Allowances – Railway Group D Post Name List 2019
- Department-wise Railway Group D Post Name List along with Vacancy
Railway Group D Post Name List:- The recruitment notification for Railway RRB Group D has been released. A total number of 1,03,769 vacancies will be filled through this recruitment process.
- If you are interested in securing a Railway department job, this is a very good opportunity for you.
- Know in detail, complete Job profile for all the posts under RRC Group D.
- Fill the form now and start your journey to a successful career and life.
- In this post, you can find the official Railway RRC Group D Post Name List.
- Also, check various factors affecting RRC Group D Post Preference.
- To Start your preparation for RRC Group D, read our posts on RRC Group D Syllabus.
Highlights: Railway Group D Post Name list 2019
|Exam||RRC Group D|
|Conducting Body||RRC (Railway Recruitment Cell)|
|Application Form starts on||12th March 2019|
|Best Post||Hospital Attendant|
|Application Form Filling Mode||Online|
Exam Dates – Railway Group D Post Name list 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned exam dates for RRC Group D 2019 exam;
|RRC Group D Recruitment Notification PDF was published on||February 23, 2019|
|RRC Group D Recruitment Application Form will be available from||March 12, 2019|
|RRC Group D Admit Card will be available officially on||10-15 days prior to the exam date|
|RRC Group D Recruitment CBT is scheduled for||To be notified|
Railway Group D Post Name List
- Hospital Attendant
- Assistant Pointsman
- Track Maintainer
Now let’s talk about the Job Profile of various posts under RRC Group D 2019;
Job Profile – Railway Group D Post Name List
Below, we have mentioned Job Profiles for various posts under RRC Group D 2019;
Porter/ Hamal/ Sweeper:
The main work of railway porter is to help passengers at the railway stations. Porters take care of loading, unloading, and distribution of luggage and parcels. Sweeper’s work will be to maintain general cleanliness & up-keeping the Section/ Unit. Their work may also include cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
Pointsman’s job is to handle railroad points or switches. Pointsman controls the lever and jerks the train into the required tracks or desirable direction. Their work also includes disconnecting or connecting a particular coach from the train.
Helper’s job depends upon the field/ department he/she is posted. For example;
- In the workshop field, the work profile is related to the maintenance/ construction of train coaches.
- While in track machine field, Helper maintains/ adjusts/ manages the track with the help of a machine.
- In the signal & telecommunication field, Helper repairs/ maintains the signals.
This post is most suitable for a woman looking for a career in Indian Railways. It is an indoor job and work profile is related to medical facilities.
Gateman is the in charge of a level crossing on a railway line. The primary work includes opening and closing of the railway gates by hand or machine for the passage of trains, road vehicles, and pedestrians. Gateman is provided with a cabin next to the level crossing.
How To Fill Post Preference in RRC Group D Application Form?
In Part II of the application page, the candidate has to indicate his/her RRC Group D Post Preference.
Setting priority/preferences for posts:
If the candidate is eligible for more than one post based on his/her educational qualification and other details furnished, he/she must set the priority/preferences for these posts.
The list of posts (in the chosen Railway) for which a candidate is eligible is displayed. Similarly, if the chosen Railway has vacancies for more than one Railway, then vacancies for all such Railways for which a candidate is eligible, will be listed out.
The candidate should fill their priority/preferences number in the textbox against each post that he/she is eligible for, in the Railway they are applying to.
The posts preferences are divided into two categories of candidates. There is an explanation of both categories down below:
The conservative are those candidates who are looking for a comfortable and nice job. They have only planned to give the initial exam and not any further tests.
The radical candidates are those who are looking for a job with a good salary and are ready to give further exams after the initial one.
Factors affecting Post preference in Railway RRC Group D 2019
While choosing or preferring the posts for completing the RRC Group D application, one must understand the factors which affect post preference while applying for RRC Group D exam.
- To start with, applicants must have 3-4 posts in their mind to fill.
- Go through job profiles of all the posts and find the best 3-4 posts.
- Then, check the post having maximum vacancies.
- Also, check the best post’s vacancies of the specific category one belongs to.
- Check if you are eligible to apply for this post
- Based on the above-mentioned factors, decide which one is the best suitable and accordingly give preference to the posts.
Salary and Allowances – Railway Group D Post Name List 2019
As per the official notification, Group D posts fall in Level 01 of 7th CPC pay matrix. Group D employees are paid an initial pay of INR 18000 and other allowances are also given to the employees. Allowances will be subjected to the nature of the job.
Below, we have mentioned the type of extra allowances provided to Group D employees;
- Night Duty Allowance
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance
- Daily Allowance
- Overtime Allowance (OTA) etc.
Department-wise Railway Group D Post Name List along with Vacancy
In the table below, we have mentioned Department-wise Railway Group D Post Name List along with Vacancy 2019;
RRC Group D Vacancy
|Traffic Department||Assistant Pointsman
Porter//Hamal//Sweeper/ cum Porter
|Electrical Department||Helper/ Electrical (Workshop)
Helper/ Electrical/ General Services
Electrical/ Helper/ Power
Helper/ Electrical/Train Lighting
Helper/ Electrical/ Trs
|Engineering Department||Bridge/ Helper
Civil (Workshop)/ Helper
Helper/ P way
Track Machine/ Helper
Track Maintainer Grade IV
|Mechanical Department||Helper / Mechanical
Helper / Mechanical/ Carriage and Wagon
Mechanical/ Helper / Diesel Electrical
Helper / Mechanical/ Diesel Mechanical
Helper Mechanical (Power)
|S and T Department||Helper/ S and T
Helper/ S and T (Workshop)
Region-wise Railway Group D Post Name List along with Vacancy 2019;
You can find the Annexure B below where all the post names are given region-wise along with the number of vacancies;
Eligibility Criteria – Railway Group D Post Name list 2019
- You must be between 18 to 31 years of age.
- You must have cleared 10th Standard or ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT or National Apprenticeship Certificate granted by NCVT.
To know more, read our post on RRC group D Eligibility Criteria
Syllabus – Railway Group D Post Name list 2019
Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals & Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Average, Discount, Partnership, Time & Work, Time and Distance, Use of Tables & Graphs, Mensuration
Geography, Indian History, Freedom Struggle, Culture & Sports, General Polity & Constitution of India, Economics, General Science, Current affairs & Reasoning and Analytical Ability of 10th Standard. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy, General Science.
Analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series.
To learn more, Check our detailed post on Railway Group d Syllabus
So, tell us, did you find our article on Railway Group D Post Name List helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more post name list updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!