How to Prepare for SSC JE without Coaching – Tips & Tricks
- How to Prepare for SSC JE without Coaching
How to Prepare for SSC JE without Coaching – SSC JE exam is going to held on 5,6,7th January 2018 . Get tips, tricks & strategy to crack SSC JE exam without coaching
How to Prepare for SSC JE without Coaching
In the previous sessions, we have covered some important topics like the Notifications, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and Syllabus and the preparation tips for this exam.In this article, we will learn about self-preparation tips for SSC JE.
Like any competitive exam, you can choose to attend the regular coaching classes on SSC JE for better clarity in each topic and clearing doubts instantly, to take online coaching with LIVE classes from experts from different centers
Other option you could choose is to prepare for SSC JE without any coaching.
SSC JE Exam Pattern:
Paper 2: Online Objective Test
Paper-1 will be objective type consisting of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions). It will have three sets;
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Paper chosen by candidate (Civil or Electrical or Mechanical)
|Papers||Examination Mode||Subject||Total Marks||Timings and Duration|
|Paper-1 (Objective Type)||Computer Based Examination||GI (General Intelligence) & Reasoning||50||2 hours
|GA (General Awareness )||50|
|Part- A, GE (General Engineering)- Civil & Structural, or
Part- B, GE (General Engineering)- Electrical, or
Part- C, GE (General Engineering)- Mechanical
Paper 2: Descriptive Test
- The paper-2 of the SSC JE 2018 Exam will be conventional type. Total marks allotted for this paper is 200.
- Candidates are required to choose their subjects according to their interest area.
- The Paper-2 will have three subjects- Structural & Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Candidates need to appear in only one.
|Paper||Examination Mode||Subject||Marks Allotted||Duration|
|Conventional Type||Written Test||Part- A, GE (General Engineering)- Civil & Structural, orPart- B, GE (General Engineering)- Electrical, or
Part- C, GE (General Engineering)- Mechanical
If you choose to prepare without coaching, you will have to prepare a stronger preparation strategy. You need to refer study materials from your friends, refer online materials and so on.
SSC JE Preparation with Self-Study
Here are some key points to be considered to prepare for SSC JE exam without coaching:
- Study Material:
It is important to have a study material which has quality contents which is easy to understand. Study materials can be taken from coaching centers or even bought online. Make sure you have study materials corresponding to each topic.
- Refer the Right Books:
Do not blindly buy books just buy the names. You must ensure that the content is right for the preparation. Aspirants with engineering background can refer their respective textbooks.
- Study Plan:
Setting an effective plan is very important. However, the plan or the strategy for preparation should be strictly followed so as to avoid the high level stress during the examination.
- Time Management:
Making optimum use of time plays an equal role as the preparation strategy. Each subject or topic should be allotted certain amount of time so you can have a full-fledged preparation.
Attempt practice tests so as to analyze your performance and the ability to solve each section.
Test series and SSC JE mock test are equally important. Take enough mock tests designed as per the latest exam pattern.
- Speed & Accuracy: After attempting a mock test, analyze your performance through the reports so you will know where to improve. Speed & Accuracy play prominent roles in the performance.
- Confidence: It is really important to be confident about your preparation so you can ace the exam with high scores.
- Improve: Mock tests are really helpful in improving your performance in the weaker sections or topics. Attempting test series and mock tests regularly will give a great impact in the performance, as you analyze the weaknesses and work more on improving in all the aspects.
SSC JE Books to prepare – Prepare for SSC JE without Coaching:
SSC JE Books for Mechanical Engineering :
- SSC CWC/MES 2015 Mechanical Engineering (Junior Engineering Recruitment Exam) includes solved paper of Disha Prakashan and GK Publications
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide) by Ramesh Publishing
- Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Self Study Guide-cum-Practice Work Book with Scratch Card – 1772 by Kiran Publishing
SSC JE Books for Civil Engineering :
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide by Disha Prakashan
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book by Kiran Publishing
- SSC CPWD-MES Junior Engineers Recruitment Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publications
SSC JE Books for Electrical Engineering :
- Kiran SSC Junior Engineer Exam Electrical Guide-cum-practice work Book by Kiran Prakashan.
- SSC Junior Engineers (Cpwd/Cwc/ Mes) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice by GK Publication
- Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide) by Ramesh Publishing
SSC JE Reasoning Books:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – RS AGARWAL
SSC JE English Books:
- Raymond Murphy or Martin Hewings
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Wren and Martin High School Grammar
In this session, we have covered the important points to be considered when you prepare for SSC JE without coaching.Hope you keep these self-preparation tips in mind and prepare well for the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!