Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- Tricks & Shortcuts for Prelims 2017
- Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- Tricks & Shortcuts for Prelims 2017
- Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- A Detailed Approach
- How to deal with IB ACIO General Awareness
- Preparation Plan for IB ACIO Quantitative Aptitude
- Gear up for IB ACIO Logical/ Analytical Ability
- Go an extra mile in IB ACIO English
- Practice from IB ACIO Test papers and mock tests
- Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- Best Books for Intelligence Bureau ACIO Exam 2017
Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- Get tips, tricks and strategy from toppers for IB ACIO prelims exam to crack the exam in first attempt
Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- Tricks & Shortcuts for Prelims 2017
Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- The Ministry of Home Affairs has officially announced applications for IB Recruitment 2017 to hire eligible candidates for post of Grade II – Assistant Central Intelligence Officer for Intelligence Bureau of India (IB). The recruitment is for filling in 1430 vacancies in total. For those candidates who are looking out for a glorious opportunity like this and want a career as an Officer in the Central Government with the prestigious IB can apply for the job. The IB ACIO application process will continue till 10th September 2017. The IB ACIO exam is scheduled in the month of October and all students have about a month to prepare for it. Hence, it is the right time for the students/ contenders to prepare for the exam. If you are a student preparing for IB ACIO exam, go through this article for some useful Preparation Tips for IB ACIO 2017 in detail. You can further strengthen your preparation by attempting questions from Online IB ACIO Mock Tests which will help you improve your accuracy/ speed.
This article on “How to Prepare for IB ACIO” will show you the bridleway towards success in IB ACIO exam. A well-knitted strategy to prepare for the along with study material, you will be 100 percent ready to face all challenges associated with IB ACIO exam an beat all the odds!
Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- A Detailed Approach
Let us now go through a few tips and tricks to crack IB ACIO exam along with a detailed approach-
You must be aware of the exam pattern-
Being well- acquainted with the exam pattern is a must! If you are aware of the exam pattern, you can frame the preparation accordingly. The IB ACIO exam pattern is as follows-
- The selection process of IB ACIO exam will comprise of three stages. If you aspire to work as an Assistant Central Intelligence Officer with the Intelligence Bureau of India, you need to clear all of the three stages given below-
- The 3 stages of Exam are as follows:
- Tier I – Preliminary Exam
- Tier II – Mains Exam
- Preliminary & Mains Exams are written tests whereas the third stage is an Interview round.
Prelims (Tier 1)-
- The test is an Objective Test.
- The time duration of the Tier 1 is of 1 hour.
- Questions will be asked from different sections of 100 marks.
- A candidate can appear for Tier II only after qualifying Tier I.
- For each wrong answer, there is Negative Marking of 0.25 marks.
Make a Proper Study Plan
A systematic study plan is a must for an effective and productive performance. In order to make a systematic study plan, you need to mak sure that all important topics/ sections are included and taken care of. When you start with making a study plan, make sure that you take care of the following-
- Sections in which you are poor
- Sections in which you are average
- Sections which you are extremely good
After noting down the following, you can start preparing for the exam with a proper study plan.
How to deal with IB ACIO General Awareness
General Awareness is one of the most unpredictable sections of all. Questions in general awareness can be dealt properly and with ease if you have a good knowledge of current affairs and GK. Questions are mostly asked from the following topics-
Major historical events.
Major Missiles, ships of Indian Defence with their specifications & launch.
Botanical & Zoological names.
Important diseases, organs & hormones.
Major Government Schemes.
Important Wars, Missiles & Boundary lines.
Indian Polity – Judiciary, Executive & Legislative.
Important Organisations & their founders.
Scholars, Economists etc. and their achievements.
Books & Authors.
Awards & Honours
Knowledge of physical & chemical laws.
Geographical features including major dams & rivers.
Preparation Plan for IB ACIO Quantitative Aptitude
The quantitative aptitude questions in IB ACIO exam are similar to that of this section asked in SSC CGL exam. Quantitative Aptitude is one of the most time consuming sections of all and needs a lot of practice to master in. A rough figure of 25-30% questions can be expected from this section. Questions are asked from the topics given below-
- Number System
- Number Series
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Speed Time & Distance
- Permutation & Combination
Gear up for IB ACIO Logical/ Analytical Ability
Logical/Analytical Ability section is the trickiest yet the most interesting sections. But, reasoning questions are the easiest when you know the trick to solve them. Questions are asked from topics given below-
- Number & Alphabet Series
- Coding Decoding
- Direction & Distance
- Blood Relation
- Order & Ranking
- Venn Diagram
- Sitting Arrangement
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Visualization and Orientation
- Verbal Reasoning
- To solve questions from verbal analogies, you need to find the relationship between terms in the first pair. You need to build up a strong vocabulary which will help you in these kind of questions.
- In analysis judgment questions, one is supposed to reach a conclusion based on the information given. In these type of questions, you need to strengthen your critical thinking skills. Eg.- Questions based on blood relations, directions, height.
Go an extra mile in IB ACIO English
The questions asked in IB ACIO English is of SSC CGL standards. In order to score well in this section, you must prepare well in the following topics-
- Basic Grammar
- Error Spotting
- Phrases & Idioms meaning
- Jumbled Sentences
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Phrase Replacement
- One Word Substitution
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Completion
- Cloze Test
- To score well in English section, you need to be well versed with basic grammar.
- You should be aware of how the verb formulates based on the subject, tenses, past participle forms and when are they used.
Practice from IB ACIO Test papers and mock tests
When you have completed your preparation as per the IB ACIO syllabus, practice questions from IB ACIO mock tests and sample tests. Try to attempt at least one mock test daily & then analyze your performance of that day. You will see a gradual hike in your growth curve which will gradually mould your preparation to be a flawless one!
Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam- Best Books for Intelligence Bureau ACIO Exam 2017
Book name: Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive ExaminationsAuthor: R.S.AggarwalPublisher: S.Chand
Book: Test of ReasoningAuthor: Edgar ThorpePublisher: Pearson
Book: High School English Grammar & CompositionAuthor: Wren & MartinPublisher: S. Chand
Book: Word Power Made EasyAuthor : Norman LewisPublisher: Penguin
Stay tuned for more updates on Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam. All the best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!