NPAT Preparation Tips
- NPAT Preparation Tips
- NPAT Exam Pattern 2020
- NPAT Preparation Tips 2020
- NPAT Last Minute Preparation Tips 2020
- NPAT Exam Day Instructions 2020
- NPAT Best Books 2020
- NPAT Preparation Tips FAQ’s
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies(NMIMS) conducts the NPAT Exam every year for admitting students into the Undergraduate and Integrated Degree Programs. To make candidates’ preparation easy, we have provided the NPAT Preparation Tips. Go through the complete post and to know how to prepare for the NPAT Exam 2020.
NPAT Preparation Tips
The NPAT Exam 2020 is scheduled to be held on 18 May and 22 May 2020. Candidates can appear for the test on both days, However, the best score out of two exams will be considered for the next selection process.
- Candidates are suggested to go through the NPAT Cut Off in order to know what is the qualifying marks required to get shortlisted for the final selection process.
- To score more marks in the Quantitative section, candidates must revise all the formulas on a weekly basis.
- Following expert preparation tips will help aspirants to know how to utilize their time for preparation and how to improve their speed.
- Candidates must note that they should carry NPAT Admit Card to the examination center without fail.
- Candidates have to focus more on topics like Number System, Arithmetic, algebra, Sets and Functions, Elementary Statistics & Probability, and trigonometry while preparing the quantitative section.
NPAT Exam Pattern 2020
|Name of the exam||NPAT|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Narsee Monjee University|
|Mode of the exam||Computer-based (online)|
|No. of Papers (Engineering)||Only one paper|
|No. of Papers (Non-Engineering)||Two Papers [Paper-1 (Common for all Applicants), Paper-2 (for B.Des Applicants)]|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (objective type)|
|Duration of the exam||120 Minutes (2 hours)|
|Language of the exam||English|
NPAT Preparation Tips 2020
To enhance your preparation of the exam, follow these NPAT Preparation tips provided by experts.
To crack the NPAT exam, time management is the most important factor. Begin your preparation by assigning fixed time for each subject. This will help you learn how to analyze questions in the final exam without wasting much time. Don’t stick on the question you don’t know, skip that particular question and solve the other questions that are easy in the final exam.
Before starting your preparation, it is important for candidates to know the detailed NPAT Syllabus 2020. It will help you know the difficult topics and easy topics as the point of the exam. Prepare a study plan as per the syllabus and start your preparation.
Know the Exam pattern
After knowing the syllabus, candidates must go through the NPAT Exam pattern 2020. Knowing the exam pattern will help you know the total number of questions for each section, marking scheme, and time duration for each section.
Make Short Notes
Ensure to make notes that include important points and basic formulas during studying. These notes will help in the revision period.
Know Weakness and Strengths
During the preparation, it is important for candidates to know their weaknesses and strengths. It will help to build up in strong areas and focus on the weaker areas to work hard. To analyze the preparation level, one can make a list of topics that they have learned on the most productive day and compare it with the topics they have learned on subsequent days.
Analyze Previous Year Papers
Solving NPAT Sample Papers will help candidates to know the type of questions asked in the exam, the difficulty level of the paper, marking scheme, etc. Candidates need to practice as many as sample papers in order to crack the exam easily. Also, every year some repeated questions will be asked in the exam from the previous year’s papers, so it will be easy to score marks in the exam.
Practice Mock Tests
Practicing mock tests will help candidates to improve their time management skills and problem-solving techniques. It will also help improve your speed, accuracy, and build your confidence. Practicing more and more NPAT Mock Tests regularly would definitely help learn the techniques to solve the difficult type of questions easily in the exam.
Without revision, it is difficult for candidates to remember the concepts. So, candidates are advised to revise all the topics on a weekly basis. It will also help you focus more on topics that you are feeling difficult.
Maintain Good Health
Last but not least, maintaining good health is very important while preparation. Maintain a proper diet during the NPAT Exam Preparation. Take fresh fruits and vegetables at the time of preparation for the exam. Avoid oily and greasy foods. Do Meditation and yoga in the free time that helps to concentrate and focus on studies.
NPAT Last Minute Preparation Tips 2020
Go through the NPAT Last minute preparation tips 2020 and better prepare for the exam.
- Reading novels, newspapers, taking Daily English Quiz help to improve your grammar and vocabulary skills.
- Take at the most two more mock tests and thoroughly analyze them and that helps you know your preparation levels.
- Candidates are suggested not to visit multiple websites looking for too many exam tips before one week of the exam.
- Revisit challenging questions from previous mock tests and selected ones from previous papers study material.
- Strictly avoid a night out before the day of the exam and get a solid night’s sound sleep.
NPAT Exam Day Instructions 2020
Candidates are advised to follow certain rules and regulations on the day of the NPAT Exam 2020. Any candidate who fails to follow any of these rules shall not be allowed to take up the exam.
- To take the NPAT Exam 2020, candidates are required to be seated in front of the desktop or Laptop.
- A candidate must make sure that there is enough light in the room to capture the face of the candidate.
- Ensure to wear only smart casuals on the day of the exam.
- Candidates are not allowed to open any other application window during the exam. If you attempt to do so, your exam will be cancelled automatically by the NPAT testing system.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the seat during the duration of the exam.
- Candidates must note that they should use only a virtual notepad and calculator that are available as part of the NPAT testing system.
- Using electronic devices like mobile phones and tablets to communicate with others is allowed during the examination.
- Moving or blocking the camera may lead to the auto submission and the test will not be accessible to the candidate thereafter.
- If there is any internet failure during the exam, the management has the right to extend the timeline of the examination.
- Aspirants should use the same laptop for all the examinations.
- Candidates are advised to take the mock test to be held on 14th May 2020 & 16th May 2020 from 10 AM to 2 PM in order to get familiar with the process of initiating the test.
NPAT Best Books 2020
For preparation to be successful referring to the right book is the best solution. During preparation, it is highly recommended to study from the best NPAT Books in order to understand each concept in depth. Check out the subject wise important books from the below table.
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||Quantitative Aptitude Numerical Ability – 1276: Numerical Ability (Fully Solved) 7000 + Objective Questions||Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning 2016||S Chand Experts|
|English Language||Objective General English (Old Edition) Paperback – 2011||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Design Sensibility and Awareness||UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude||Institute of Creative Sciences|
|Observation and Problem Solving||The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition Kindle Edition||Don Norman|
NPAT Preparation Tips FAQ’s
Q) What is the NPAT Exam?
National Test for Programs After Twelfth is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions in Undergraduate and Integrated Degree Programs in Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies or the NMIMS University.
Q) How can I better prepare for the NPAT 2020 Exam?
Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the NPAT Exam 2020. Begin your preparation by studying from the right books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of the NPAT Exam before starting your preparation. Taking up Mock Tests regularly and solving NPAT Sample Papers helps to test your preparation and improve your speed and managing time. It is important to study all the topics present in the syllabus without leaving any topic. One of the best methods to score more marks in the exam is to practice as many previous year question papers as possible.
Q) What are the best books for the preparation of the NPAT Exam?
The following are some of the best books for the preparation of the NPAT Exam:
- Chand Quantitative aptitude for Quantitative examinations by R.S.Aggarwal
- A Modern Approach to Logical reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- R. Gupta’s Logical and Analytical by A.K Gupta
Q) What is the time required for preparing the NPAT Exam?
If Studying for 4-5 hours daily, then around 3-4 months is enough for the preparation of the NPAT Exam. After which candidates can begin their revision. Make it a habit to regularly solve the sample paper so that it will make you perfect and also solve at least 3 question papers in a day so that you can have time to improve on weak areas or wherever you go wrong.
Q) What are the important topics that need to be prepared under Maths Section?
The important topics that need to be prepared under Maths Section include Number System, Arithmetic, Algebra, Sets and Functions, Elementary Statistics & Probability, and Trigonometry.
Q) Which topic from Logical Reasoning contains maximum question?
The Logical reasoning section contains maximum question from topics like Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Selection Criteria, and Data Sufficiency, Visual Reasoning (Analogy, Odd Man Out), Venn diagram, Symbol Based Logic, Statement-Conclusion, Groups-Conditionality, Syllogisms, Statement Argument, Statement Assumption, Circular Arrangement, Order-Ranking, and Family Tree.
Share your thoughts/queries here!