NATA Exam Pattern 2019
NATA Exam Pattern 2019: The exam pattern of NATA 2019 was released on the Official website of CoA (Council of Architecture)on January 17 with the complete information brochure.
- Aspirants who fulfill NATA Eligibility Criteria 2019 are invited to appear for NATA Exam 2019
- The NATA 2019 exam pattern provides accuracy into the structure of the exam like, the mode of exam, subjects from which questions will be asked, and question type.
- As per the official NATA Exam Pattern 2019, the entrance exam will include ONLINE PART (Part A) and OFFLINE PART (Part B).
- Part A will include multiple choice type questions while Part B will be a Drawing test, that has to be attempted on A4 size paper.
- NATA result 2019 for Paper 1 will be released on May 3, 2019.
- Candidates have to clear Paper 1 to get Eligible for NATA 2019 Paper 2.
- Go through the rest of the article to learn the full details of the NATA 2019 Exam Pattern.
NATA conduct Exam in two sessions, First Session is held on April 14, 2019, and Second Session will be held on July 07, 2019.
NATA Exam Pattern 2019: Highlights
|Managing Authority||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Exam Category||National Level|
|No. Of papers||1. Mathematics and General Aptitude|
|2. Drawing Test|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||62|
|Marking Scheme||+2 in Mathematics and General Aptitude|
|No negative marking|
Details of NATA 2019 Exam PAttern
There are below 2 Papers which are conducted by the NATA-
Candidates can go through below table for more clarification:
|Paper||Subjects||Total Questions||Marking scheme||Question type||Total Time Duration|
|Paper 1||Mathematics||30||30 X 2Marks = 60||MCQ||90 minutes|
|Paper 1||General Aptitude||30||30 X 2Marks = 60||MCQ|
|Paper 2||Drawing Test||2||2 X 40Marks = 80||Paper & Pencil Based||120 minutes|
|–||Total||62||200 marks||–||3 hours 50 min|
- Time Duration: 210 minutes
- Total Number of Questions: 62 Questions
- Total Marks: 200 marks
Brief of Paper 1 and Paper 2:
The brief of Both the Sessions of NATA 2019 Exam Patterns are below-
Paper 1 includes General Aptitude and Mathematics Exam, which is now 60 minutes instead of 90 minutes more description is given below:
- 60 questions are asked in Paper-1, 30 each from both the sections.
- The paper will consist of the General Aptitude and Mathematics test.
- Questions raised would be based on imagination, perception, creativity, observation, communication and architectural awareness of the candidates.
- Candidates have to complete in the first 60 minutes of the exam
- For every correct answer, 2 marks will be allotted.
- There is no negative marking or deduction of marks for un-attempted questions.
This includes Drawing Test which is now 120 minutes instead of 90 min, read below points for brief:
- In this paper, candidates have to attempt 2 questions.
- Each question will have subsections.
- They have to draw or sketch a diagram in 3D as per their visualization, symmetry and sketching ability.
- Creating interesting 2D compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Candidate’s NATA drawings test his/her imagination, observation skills reflected a sense of proportion and perspective sense and use of color and composition in the drawing.
- Candidates have to complete in the last 120 minutes of the exam and both the questions are of 40 marks each.
NATA 2019 Update in Exam Timings
There are few changes had hone by the Authority in the NATA Exam Pattern-
- Timings for Paper 1 which includes General Aptitude and Mathematics is decreases by 30 minutes, now Paper 1 is of 60 minutes from this session.
- Paper 2- Drawing Test which is increased by 30 minutes, now it is of 120 min instead of 90 min from this session.
- To make the balance of the timings, the Authority decreases 30 min from Paper 1 and Increases 30 min in Paper 2.
NATA 2019 Score
NATA 2019 will be of a total of 200 marks, in the case of MCQ (Paper 1), the candidate will score on the basis of the number of correct answers. There is no negative marking for an incorrect answer in NATA but, in tie-breaking case, candidates have to face disadvantage. Paper 2, i.e. drawing would be checked by a panel of three examiners independently and an average of marks is taken.
- Overall marks secure in the Mathematics test component.
- Less wrong answers of the candidate in attempted ones of the Mathematics test component will get preference.
- The overall marks in problems of Aptitude test component.
- Less wrong answers of the candidate in attempted ones of the aptitude test component will get preference.
- Date of birth of the candidate- the one who is older will get preference.
Know More:NATA Cut Off Marks 2018
Things to be carried to NATA Exam Center
Candidates have to carry the below-mentioned material on the day of NATA exam-
- Official identification documents mentioned in the appointment letter
- The appointment letter – It is issued to the candidate at the time of registration. The appointment letter confirms the candidate’s test date, time and Center
- Candidates ID and Appointment Number with Exam Key in the Appointment Letter
- Three or four sharpened soft-lead (2B & HB) pencils and a good eraser (Pencils and erasers will not be given at the Test Center) Mechanical pencils (Clutch pencils) are not permitted
- Set of colors (Water/ Poster colors, crayons, pastels) with appropriate instruments (Brushes, dish, etc.)
- Geometry box
- Blue ink pen / Blue ink ballpoint pen
NATA Exam Pattern and Syllabus
NATA Syllabus are given below, candidates have to clear both the exams to appear in the course-
The NATA Exam Pattern for General Aptitude comes along with Mathematics, topics come in General Aptitude are mentioned below:
|Visualizing 3-D objects from the 2-D drawing|
|Interpretation of pictorial compositions|
|Mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal)|
|General awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations|
|Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations Objects|
|Textures related to architecture & built environment|
|Visualizing different sides of 3D objects|
The NATA Exam pattern for Mathematics is given below with all the important topics:
|Binomial theorem (positive integral index)|
|Theory of Calculus|
|Application of Calculus|
|Sets, Relations, and Mappings|
|Permutation & Combination|
|3-Dimensional Coordinate geometry|
|11th & 12th Mathematics|
The Exam Pattern for NATA 2019, for Drawing Test, is given below with all important topics:
|Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc from memory|
|2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms|
|Understanding the scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, aesthetics, color texture, harmony and contrast|
|Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory|
|Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract|
|Perspective drawing, sketching, and landscape|
NATA 2019 Recommended Books
NATA Exam Pattern 2019 recommended some books candidates refer the following book to get more clarity and get more insights into the topic-
|Book Name||Author||ISBN no.|
|A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination 2017||PK Mishra||978-9385980909|
|Nata 2017 Full Package||Nata360||–|
|NATA (B.Arch) Guide to Bachelor of Architecture Entrance Examination||GKP||–|
Share your thoughts/queries here!