NATA Eligibility 2019 | Know Educational Qualification, Age Limit and Validity of Score
- NATA Eligibility 2019
- Highlights – NATA Eligibility 2019
- Who can take NATA 2019?
- NATA Eligibility Criteria 2019
- What is the validity of the NATA Score?
- Admission to B.Arch Course – NATA Eligibility 2019
NATA Eligibility 2019:- Online application for NATA will be subject to various eligibility criteria as per the official exam notification published by the organizing body of NATA 2019. Aspirants must know various NATA Eligibility in order to apply online for NATA exam for admission into various B. Arch. (5 years)/ B. Plan (4 years) colleges accepting NATA scores across the nation.
Latest Updates: – As per the latest notification by COA, NATA 2019 Eligibility has been revised and Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are mandatory subjects in 10+2 level. Download official Eligibility Notice for more info.
- NATA has revised its NATA Eligibility for 2019 examination. Applicants must fulfill the required NATA 2019 Eligibility in order to apply online.
- NATA Eligibility Criteria is laid out by the Council of Architecture (COA).
- COA has scheduled NATA 1 2019 examination to be conducted on 14th April 2019 in offline mode.
- To know complete NATA 2019 schedule, read our post on NATA Exam Date 2019.
- One must have passed Class 12th in order to apply for NATA Exam.
- It is mandatory to have Mathematics as the main subject in class 12th.
- If you are yet to apply for NATA 2019 2nd Attempt, read our post on NATA Application Form 2019 to know more and apply online till June 12, 2019.
- Candidates from special categories will be eligible to participate in the counseling process after providing their relevant category certificate.
NATA Eligibility 2019
NATA 2019 is conducted by CoA (Council of Architecture). It is a national level entrance examination to measure the candidate’s aptitude in the field of Architecture. Candidates who pass the examination take admission in 5 years B. Arch. or 4 years B. Plan. programs offered by NATA scores accepting Institutes. Applicants who will meet NATA Eligibility will be allowed to write the test.
Highlights – NATA Eligibility 2019
To start with, let’s look at the various Highlights for NATA 2019 and official exam dates for both NATA 1 & 2. In the table below, we have mentioned NATA 2019 Exam Highlights for both Attempt 1 & 2 examinations;
Exam Highlight details
|Name of Exam||National Aptitude Test in Architecture, NATA|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (COA)|
|Documents Required||Aadhar Card
Class 10th Mark sheet
Class 12th Mark sheet
|Age Limit||Not Applicable|
Who can take NATA 2019?
NATA is an Aptitude test for candidates seeking admission to undergraduate degree courses in Architecture in India.
- The examination aims to assess a candidate’s observation skills, drawing skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and the ability of an applicant to think critically for admission in Bachelor of Architecture.
- Applicants must possess above-mentioned qualities to qualify NATA 2019 with a good score.
- NATA Score is used by admission authorities of different Government, Government aided and unaided school or colleges that offer Bachelor degree in Architecture.
- The sole purpose of NATA examination is to provide a common base to compare the qualification of the candidates in addition to their scores in the qualifying examination.
NATA Eligibility Criteria 2019
To apply online for National NATA exam, applicants need to possess certain educational qualification and should be in the Age range set by COA.
To start, let’s talk about the educational qualification needed to apply for NATA 2019;
Educational Qualification – NATA Eligibility 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the detailed Educational Qualification required to fill online application for NATA 2019.
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||50%||Mathematics||Passes/appearing|
- Filling Total Marks and Obtained marks for class 10th is no more mandatory. This particular information is optional in order to apply for NATA 2019.
- As marks in 10th std Grade cards is not easily obtainable, Form fields ‘Total Marks’ and ‘Obtained Marks’ are made optional.
- Candidates who have passed (Senior secondary Examination) 10+2, Diploma (10+3) or equivalent exam with 50% marks in aggregate in any stream from Central/ State Government with Mathematics being the compulsory subject are eligible to apply for NATA.
- Any candidate who has secured less than 50% cannot apply for NATA Examination 2019. If the marks secured is 49.9%, it can not be rounded off to 50%.
Age Limit – NATA Eligibility 2019
There is no lower age limit for appearing in the NATA exam. However, candidates need to comply with any particular age constraint that may be specified by respective counselling/ Admission authority.
- There is no Age Limit to take the NATA examination. Candidates may have to register any age limit set by the admission authority.
Students of International/ NRI Status – NATA Eligibility 2019
For the students having International/ NRI status, NATA Eligibility remains the same as it is for Indian Nationals. There is no different set to Eligibility parameters set for International/ NRI candidates who want to appear for NATA 2019.
What is the validity of the NATA Score?
NATA Score is valid for a period of 24 months (2 years) from the date a candidate appears for NATA exam. If 24 months period is over, aspirants have to register for next nATA examination and will have to secure a valid NATA Score/ Rank.
Admission to B.Arch Course – NATA Eligibility 2019
- Applicants need to qualify any recognized Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2019 to be eligible for admission to B.Arch. courses.
- Direct lateral admission in any year or at any stage of B. Arch. course, under any circumstances or on the basis of qualification will not be done.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC or any other special category, there will be no change in NATA Eligibility Criteria.
- Applicants can ask for reservation schemes while applying for admissions under various admission authorities.
Hope you liked this post on NATA Eligibility 2019. If you have any query or suggestion, do write to us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!