NATA Counselling 2019 | Counselling Dates,Qualifying Marks, Documents, and Institutes
- NATA Counselling 2019
- Highlights – NATA Counselling 2019
- Exam & Counselling Dates – NATA Counselling 2019
- Key Points – NATA Counselling 2019
- Qualifying Marks – NATA Counselling 2019
- Loopholes in current system & proposed National-level NATA 2019 Counselling
- Documents Required – NATA Counselling 2019
- B.Arch Admission through NATA/JEE/AAT 2019
- Seat Intakes & Exam considered – NATA 2019 Counselling
NATA Counselling 2019:- After the NATA 2019 examination, candidates who score the minimum cutoff marks will need to go through the process of counselling in order to find a suitable college for admission to B. Arch course.
- As NATA released the official NATA Result 2019 on 3rd May 2019, applicants can check this post to know in detail about Admission to B. Arch courses through NATA 2019.
- TheCouncil of Architecture (COA), the conducting body for NATA, do not conduct the counselling for NATA.
- NATA Counselling is conducted by institutes which admit students through NATA score.
- Once a candidate clears the Cut Off for NATA, he/she will need to apply to desired institutes among participating institutes separately. To learn more about Cut Off, read our post on NATA Cut Off 2019
- Most importantly, one must meet the desired eligibility criteria in order to get admission into any B. Arch course.
NATA Counselling 2019
As there is no centralized counselling for NATA exam, applicants will need to apply separately for each of the desired NATA participating institutes.
To make you aware of the various important details about NATA Counselling 2019, we have prepared this detailed post on NATA Counselling & its process.
Highlights – NATA Counselling 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned important highlights from NATA Counselling 2019;
|Exam Name||National Ability Test for Architecture (NATA)|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of the exam||Online (Aptitude and Maths Test) and Offline (Drawing Test)|
|Exam for Course Level||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Number of Applications Expected||60000+|
|Number of Exam Center Cities||135 cities across India and 1 city Abroad (Dubai)|
|Counselling conducting Body||Institutes participating in NATA|
|The validity of NATA Scorecard||One year only|
|NATA Helpdesk/ Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org | 01179412100|
Exam & Counselling Dates – NATA Counselling 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned Exam & Counselling Dates for NATA 2019;
NATA 2019 (for the first attempt)
April 14, 2019
NATA 2019 (for the second attempt)
|July 7, 2019|
Declaration of Result (for the first attempt)
May 3, 2019
Declaration of Result (for the second attempt)
|July 21, 2019|
Commencement of NATA 2019 Counselling
To be notified
Key Points – NATA Counselling 2019
- COA, Council of Architecture doesn’t conduct NATA Counselling. It is only responsible for conducting NATA qualification exam for admission to B. Arch course.
- Each participating institute of NATA conducts separate counselling sessions.
- To be eligible to participate in NATA Counselling, one needs to qualify NATA 2019 exam with a minimum cut off.
- Institutes can decide their own counselling norms and the mode and process may vary from one institute to another.
- Apart from the eligibility set by NATA, each institute is free to set its own criteria for admission into Architecture courses.
- Based on NATA scores, there are 477 institutes that offer admission to their B.Arch courses.
Qualifying Marks – NATA Counselling 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned component-wise and overall qualifying marks of NATA 2019;
|Subject||Qualifying Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics & General Aptitude||30||120|
|Aggregate marks||Will be based on post-exam statistics||200|
Loopholes in current system & proposed National-level NATA 2019 Counselling
In a recent press conference, Council of Architecture, COA has stated that there are some loopholes in the current decentralized counselling process.
Below are few of the important loopholes which the NATA Counselling system is facing currently;
- In the current system, one has to apply separately to each institute, it is time-consuming.
- It also involves a lot of logistics and eventually turns out to be costly for candidates.
- Due to the unorganized counselling process, a lot of seats goes vacant in college. So many deserving candidates miss out on a seat which eventually goes waste.
To counter these loopholes, COA is planning to conduct a national-level Counselling for NATA qualified candidates. In this modified system, candidates will be able to apply to all the participating institutes through one common portal.
Most importantly, the seats which go waste due to unorganized counselling can be better utilized.
Though the final decision on Centralised NATA counselling has not been taken yet, it is understood that current problems faced by candidates will force the conducting body to change and make the system a better and fluid one.
Documents Required – NATA Counselling 2019
Applicants need to carry required documents during the process of counselling. Applicants must bring two sets of the documents mentioned below.
Below, we have mentioned a complete list of documents to be carried during the counselling process;
- NATA 2019 Admit Card
- NATA Score Card
- Mark sheets and pass certificates (Class 10th & 12th)
- Category certificate (If applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD candidates
- Residence certificate (If applicable)
- Transfer Certificate (If applicable)
B.Arch Admission through NATA/JEE/AAT 2019
Admission into B.Arch courses offered by various colleges across the nation will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in NATA or JEE Mains Paper II or AAT exams.
Seat Intakes & Exam considered – NATA 2019 Counselling
State-wise admission through NATA
In the table below, we have mentioned State-wise seat intake through NATA 2019
University-wise admission through NATA Counselling
In the table below, we have mentioned University-wise seat intake for NATA 2019;
|S. No||University||Seat Intake|
|4||Christ University, Bangalore||40|
|5||Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts||85|
|6||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi||80|
Top Government Colleges for NATA Admission 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the government colleges of architecture across India along with the examination considered for admissions;
|Department of Architecture & Planning, IIT Roorkee||AAT|
|Faculty of Architecture & Regional Planning, IIT Kharagpur|
|School of Planning & Architecture, Hyderabad||JEE Main paper 2|
|Faculty of Architecture, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|School of Planning & Architecture, Tamil Nadu|
|Faculty of Architecture, National Institute of Technology, Chhattisgarh|
|School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi|
|Faculty of Architecture, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal|
|Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh|
|BKPS College of Architecture, Maharashtra||NATA|
|Goa College of Architecture, Panaji|
|School of Architecture, Bangalore University, Bangalore|
|Faculty of Architecture, CEPT University, Ahmedabad|
|School of Architecture, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram|
|School of Architecture, Kollam|
|Faculty of Architecture, Town & Regional Planning, Howrah||WBJEE and NATA|
|Faculty of Architecture, Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
Architecture Colleges in Delhi for NATA Admission 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the number of seats offered in various architecture colleges in Delhi;
Name of Institute
|University School of Architecture & Planning||65|
|MBS School of Planning and Architecture||120|
|Delhi Technical Campus||40|
|Vastu Kala Academy||60|
|K.R. Mangalam School of Architecture and Planning||N/A|
|Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics||N/A|
Architecture Colleges in West Bengal for NATA Admission 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the list of colleges and number of seats offered in West Bengal which consider the scores obtained in NATA 2019;
Name of Institution
Number of Seats
|Om Dayal Group of Institutions||80|
|Sanaka Education Trusts Group of Institutions||40|
Architecture Colleges in Karnataka for NATA Admission 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the various colleges which offer admissions in Karnataka through NATA 2019 along with the number of seats;
Name of Institute
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady||40|
|Govt. Engineering college||40|
|College of Engineering||40|
|T.K.M. College of Engineering||80|
|Alsalama Institute of Architecture, Malaparamba||40|
|Devaki Amma’s Guruvayurappan college of Architecture||40|
|Eranad Knowledge City College||40|
|Global Institute of Architecture, Peradikunnu||40|
|Holy Crescent of Architecture||40|
|IES College of Architecture||40|
|KMEA College of Architecture||40|
|KMCT College of Architecture||40|
|MES College of Architecture||40|
|School of Architecture||40|
|Mangalam School of Architecture||40|
|Nizar Rahim and Mark School of Architecture||40|
|College of Architecture||120|
|Sneha College of Architecture||40|
|Vedavyasa College of Architecture||40|
|TKM School of Architecture||40|
Architecture Colleges in Mumbai for NATA Admission 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the number of seats offered in various architecture colleges in Mumbai;
Name of Institute
|Sir JJ College of Architecture||82|
|Rachana Sansad’s Academy of Architecture||100|
|Balwant Sheth School of Architecture||40|
|Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute of Architecture and Environmental Studies||80|
|IES College of Architecture||60|
Other Architecture Colleges for NATA Admission 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the other institutes that offer admissions through NATA 2019;
Name of Institute
|Satyabahama University, Tamil Nadu||N/A|
|KIIT University, Odisha||N/A|
|Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh||20|
|B.S. Abdur Rehman University, Tamil Nadu||N/A|
|Integral University, U.P.||70|
|Goa College of Architecture, Goa||33|
|BVDU College of Architecture, Pune||N/A|
|Amity University, Manesar||N/A|
|DIT University, Dehradun||N/A|
|Amity School of Engineering, Gwalior||N/A|
|Amity School of Engineering, Jaipur||N/A|
|Dr. K N Modi University, Newai||N/A|
|Jagannath University, Jaipur||N/A|
|Mizoram University, Aizwal||N/A|
Hope you liked this post on NATA Counselling 2019. If you have any query or suggestion, do write to us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!