Most Important Topics to Prepare for IBPS PO
- Most Important Topics to Prepare for IBPS PO
IBPS PO 2017 : Get most important topics to prepare for IBPS PO prelims and mains exam
Most Important Topics to Prepare for IBPS PO
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is responsible for conducting PO/MT CWE. This is the most awaited examination. Candidates who complete their graduation can apply for IBPS PO. It is observed in the last few years that the level of competition for banking exams increased. The applicants must make a focused approach in their preparation. Firstly, the applicants must be aware of the syllabus and the exam pattern. Refer to the article with title “IBPS PO 2017 Exam Pattern” to know the pattern. This article makes an attempt to provide the important Topics to prepare for IBPS PO.
Topics to cover in IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Section :
There are 35 questions in this section carrying 1 mark each and there would be a negative scoring of 0.25 marks. The important topics to be covered are:
- Simplification: Approximation Method – Long multiplications, Square cubes/roots & Cube roots. Use BODMAS rule, practice mock test papers for improving accuracy and speed.
- Quadratic Equations: Solve as many questions as possible, learn to find the roots in less time.
- Percentages: Splitting – decimal percentages. Percentage change/ increase and decrease.
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency: Pie & Bar charts, Line graphs & Combinations and Data Sufficiency.
- Time and Work: LCM method questions – Pipes & Cisterns, Chain rule with wages involved.
- Permutation and Combination: Arrangements, Ranking etc. Practice problems using fundamental counting principle. Basic arrangement formulas should be known.
- Probability: Balls, Deck of cards, Dice. Solve the problems on events, differentiate favourable and unfavourable events.
- Miscellaneous topics are Ratios & Proportions, Profit & Loss, Partnerships, Problems on ages, Number series, Combination of Operations, Problems on trains, boats.
Topics to cover in IBPS PO Reasoning Section :
There are 35 questions in this section, topics to focus during your preparation are hereunder:
- Data Arrangements: Linear Arrangements, Circular Arrangements, Tabular column. Make sure to arrange and then answer the questions. You must be aware of the basic terms before solving.
- Inequalities: Rules and Concepts. Learn the basics, it needs more of understanding than practice.
- Blood Relations: Family tree/Relationship representation. It is important to know all the relationships and should be able to draw the family tree for the given direction.
- Puzzles: Arrangements, North South arrangements, Caselets, Logical reasoning, Critical thinking. Puzzles are one of the tricky questions in IBPS PO exams. You must practice on a regular basis to become perfect.
- Direction sense: Drawing and analyzing directions, it is a good strategy to draw and solve to answer accurately.
Topics to cover in IBPS PO English Section :
Almost all the Bank Exams have this section. There are 30 questions in this section. One must not ignore this section. The different questions based on Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability.
- Reading Comprehension: Story & Factual description. Read the passage carefully and start answering. During preparation, you must habituate to read the passages faster.
- Cloze Test: You can acquire accuracy only by solving more and more of these questions.
- Spot the errors: Tenses, Sentence Correction, Subject Verb Agreement, Singular plurals. Get your basics right, practice the simple phrases as well as sentences with tenses and subject verb agreement.
- Parajumbles: Rearrangement & Anchored paragraphs
- Grammar: Articles, Prepositions, Tenses & Vocabulary. Practice Grammar questions on various apps available online these days, improve your vocabulary by reading various magazines, news papers and watching news and fact based programmes.
Topics to cover in IBPS PO General Awareness Section :
40 questions related to General Awareness static GK and current affairs play essential role in your preparation. This part not only comes in written exam but you may be tested in GK and current affairs in the interview as well.
- Focus on current affairs related to Banking and Finance Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news, important dates, Current Science, Technology, and Sports & Culture are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Reading GK books and news papers for current affair is the only key to success.
- The topics you must prepare in Indian and World Geography, Physical Geography, Indian and World History, International Organizations, Science, Awards and honors, Indian Politics & Economy Constitution, Current Affairs, Miscellaneous GK and current Affairs.
Topics to cover in IBPS PO Computer Awareness Section :
In IBPS, this is an additional section to test the candidate’s knowledge in the field of computers. There are 20 questions in this section. Most candidates would be aware of the basics of computers, so this is going to be an easier section and less time consuming too. Below are the topics:
- Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology.
- Basic operations, short cuts are asked.
Don’t miss Important Topics to Prepare for IBPS PO. All the Best for the Exam!
Share your thoughts/queries here!