MAT Topper’s Point of views
MAT or, Management Aptitude Test is meant for all those students who really wish to take up Managements subjects in their post graduation degree course. MAT entrance exam is the key to many elite B-schools of India. This exam is conducted every year by All India Management Association to fill various B-schools MBA and other allied courses seats. If you are among those aspiring students then, you must be very careful about everything that is related to MAT entrance exam. You are required to be very positive, confident and geared up with an amazing MAT preparation plan to crack it in first attempt itself.
There are certain things that you must be fully aware of information about MAT exam. The given below table is for your better understanding about this exam.
|Exam||MAT (Management Aptitude Test)|
|Test Date||Paper based exam will held on 01 May 2016 (Sunday) and Computer based exam will held on 07 May 2016 (Saturday) onwards.|
|Mode of examination||Students can opt for any mode i.e; Offline and Online|
|Eligibility||Graduates in any discipline can apply for this entrance exam.
Students who have appeared for their final year graduation exam can also apply for it.
|Duration of Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes|
Some important points about MAT exam which is going to guide you in a better way are mentioned below:
- In case you are choosing MAT online mode then, you are supposed to choose appropriate date and time slot as per your convenience.
- MAT score is the rank that is given to every student against marks obtained which is valid across all the B-schools. These colleges/ universities/ institutes accept this national level score for admitting aspiring students. You can see a list of colleges region-wise which accept MAT score card by clicking here: http://resources.aima.in/nl/index_nwse_new.html
How you can fill MAT entrance Exam?
It is absolute important to fill MAT entrance Exam form accurately within provided guidelines. It is advisable to go through form related guidelines published by AIMA. You can read those guidelines here: http://apps.aima.in/matmay16/Guidelines.pdf
Follow below mentioned steps will let know about how to fill MAT entrance exam form.
- Create new candidate login through the link: http://apps.aima.in/matmay16/Registration.aspx
- Keep all your details and documents ready.
- After your have registered yourself; log in using your credentials and do necessary things to complete the form:
- Fill the complete form
- Upload your signature and image
- Make payment (you can choose to pay online or, offline through challan)
- Save and submit your form
- You can check or, print your MAT entrance exam application form through this link: http://apps.aima.in/matmay16/MATMay16Single/PrintApplication.asp with the help of your registration No, DOB and Mode of payment (optional field). You can also check status of same.
- On the basis of your registration credentials; download MAT exam admit card after it is published on site.
What is the MAT exam pattern and marking scheme?
It is very important to learn about MAT pattern and its marking scheme so that you know exactly what and how to prepare. The given below table is to assist you well about both.
|No. of sections asked||5|
|Questions in each section||40|
|Negative marking||0.25 for every wrong answer|
|Total Questions in MAT exam||200|
|Marks allotted||1 for every right answer|
|Sections to focus||1. English Comprehension
2. Indian and Global Environment
3. Aptitude or, Mathematical Skills
4. Logical Reasoning
5. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
This exam is a multiple choice questions format based under which you are given four answer options and you are supposed to mark the correct one.
What can be learnt from MAT 2015 Topper’s Point of views?
MAT 2015 toppers have been interviewed a lot many times just to guide aspiring students who are giving MAT this year. Here are very useful tips and tricks from many MAT toppers of last year to direct you towards MAT conquer path.
- Accuracy is the key to success- It has been a very common answer from toppers that what you need to crack MAT exam is accuracy in all the questions that you attempt. Speed is a wrong notion as students think that they need to attempt almost every question in 150 minutes but what is important is correct answer in minimum time.
- Preparation Time- Toppers suggest that they start their preparation at least 6 months before the actual exam which give them ample of time to practice and revise thoroughly.
- Manage each section well- It is advisable to start with such a section that you find most easy; spend allotted time to it and move on to the next immediately without wasting time. Toppers also suggest that you must keep a strategy in mind that will follow throughout the MAT exam.
- Do not just got stuck- One is advised to jump to next question immediately if you think you are not able to solve current question within time. This waste a lot of time and you end up messing exam by the need of it due to shortage of time. Toppers of 2015 MAT exam have been using this technique that helped them a lot in solving question paper accurately within the time limit.
- Mock Tests are the pillars of success- it is not mandatory to go for a coaching course to get through MAT entrance. One can prepare himself/herself for this exam by devising a good MAT preparation plan. Toppers of 2015 MAT entrance exam advises to take full fledged mock tests online that will really help in improving your concepts and techniques.
- Strategize your approach- One really need to work on their approach strategically which mean that you need to work out on every MAT section that is asked along with time that you need to give it. You are supposed to make both the things happen in a way that overall it helps you in cracking MAT entrance in first attempt.
- Get basics crystal clear- Last year many MAT exam toppers have well considered basic concepts for attempting mathematics, reasoning sections well. Questions are asked on basic concepts in a little molded way so, be crystal clear about these basics.
- Use tool of time well- Every time you practice mock tests and online sample papers, try noting your time that you are spending in solving each and every section. This will help you in making a perfect time table that you can follow in actual exam.
- Enjoyment is a must- One must indulge in some sport, or, leisure activity to keep their mind fresh and more active.
What toppers have to say about preparing for each and every section asked n MAT exam?
- MAT English Comprehension Section preparation: Many toppers have found English section very easy and they have given numerous important tips that have been given on preparing this section well which are:
- Put a grammar check immediately as it plays a very vital role in this section.
- Questions that can be asked in this section are based on topics like:
- Word and meanings
- Sentences formation
- Sentence correction
- Error finding
- Comprehensions/ passages
- Match and fill in the blanks with correct words
- Practice is the key to succeed in this section. Refer free online test series and mock tests.
- MAT Aptitude Section preparation: Basic mathematical concepts must be fair enough with such techniques that you are ready to solve any sort of question in minimum time possible. Topics that must be covered for MAT Mathematical ability are given below:
- Height and distances
- Problem on trains
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
Things that Toppers have referred to prepare this section well are:
- NCERT mathematics books of 8th till 10th class and
- Online sample papers
- MAT General Knowledge Section preparation: To prepare GK for MAT entrance exam, one must subscribe at least two newspapers; one in English language and other in regional language. The newspapers such as The Hindu, Indian Express, and Economics Times can be read on daily basis. GK books that provide national and international current affairs in details must be referred.
- MAT Logical reasoning Section preparation: Reasoning section need two things in right place:
- Basic Concept/logic
- Technique to use the logic in solving question
Practice a lot for this section so that you are not giving it more than the usual time it need. You must refer reasoning books of various authors and publications and online material to practice.
- MAT Indian and Global Environment Section preparation: Toppers have suggested that read a lot on various issues and problem that are there in our country related to environment and other critical topics.
Download MAT exam sample paper to practice each and every section well through this link: http://apps.aima.in/matmay16/page-20-24.pdf
Share your thoughts/queries here!