List of Top 20 MBA exams in India
List of Top 20 MBA exams in India : Here is a list of Top 20 MBA exams in India and what they mean to the MBA aspirant.
List of Top 20 MBA exams in India
List of Top 20 MBA exams in India: Lakhs of students pass out of various management programmes every year. While some pass out of premier business schools like IIM’s other pass out of MBA from state run universities or private colleges. MBA has become a part of everybody’s career and today, it is very common for people to enroll for MBA courses. There are dozens of MBA entrance exams and it all depends on which institute or university you want to make your career at. Its not just IIM’s as it is very difficult and rigorous process to get into IIMs. IIM ends up being a distant dream for many which is why state level MBA entrance tests are taken with a lot of zeal as comparatively easier and cheaper to an IIM. Lets look at 20 of the most popular MBA exams in the article on MBA Exams in India!
List of Top 20 MBA exams in India and their exam pattern:
Below are give list of Top 20 MBA exams in India from around 50+ entrance exams.
1. Common Entrance Test: or CAT: The CAT Entrance Test is to gain admission to the IIM’s for a two year course in various management programmes. CAT scores are used for admission in 19 IIMS and over more than 100 B schools.
CAT Exam consists of four segments: Verbal, Quantitative, Data Interpretation and logical reasoning:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal And Reading Comprehension
2. Common Management Admission Test: CMAT is taken by roughly around 1.5 lakh candidates. It is conducted by All India Council of Technical Education AICTE. The exam is accepted by more than 500 MBA institute all over the country. CMAT is a computer-based exam held for 180 minutes and the tests the candidates aptitude in four main sections.
- Quantitative Technique
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
3. Xavier Aptitude Test: XAT is a pen and paper based management aptitude test conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. XAT is taken every year by one lakh candidates every year. XAT is held on Sunday of the year (January). XAT scores are accepted by more than 100 management institutes.
XAT has the following papers:
- Quantitative Ability
- Enlish Language and Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- GK and Essay
Essay section is for those candidates who have been shortlisted for XLRI courses.
4. Symbiosis National Aptitude: It is conducted by Symbiosis International University, SNAP is a national level management entrance exam and SNAP scores are used to gain admission to about 15 institutes under the Symbiosis International University. SNAP is held in December and theonline registrations go on till november. SNAP test is computer based exam held for a time duration of two hours.
Following Sections are asked in the SNAP exam:
- -General English
- -Quantitativ, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- -General Awareness, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario
5. NMAT by GMAC: NMIMS Management Aptitude Test is one of the most important MBA entrance exams. The scores of the exam will be used for admission into Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI Business School IBS and Ansal University.
NMAT has various candidate friendly options. Candidates can appear a total of three times. The exam has three main sections:
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Logical Reasoning
6. Management aptitude Test: MAT is one of the popular MBA entrance exams. There are more than 600 institutes that accept the MAT Scores for admission to management programmes. AIMA MAT is held four times a year – February, May, September and December. The exam is conducted for 150 minutes and has 200 questions.
The following 5 sections are asked in the MAT exam?
-Indian and Global Environment
-Data Analysis and Sufficiency
-Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
7. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Exam IIFT exam:
IIFT entrance Test is a institute specific entrance test. The exam is hel to gain admission into Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. It is held in pen and paper mode. IIFT Test is held on November for 2 hours and 200 objective type questions. It has the following sections:
-General Knowledge and Awareness
8. AIMS test of Management aptitude – ATMA: ATMA is a national level management entrance test conducted online as well as offline mode and is held four times a year – February, May, July and August. ATMA scores are used for admission in several management programmes and is held for three hours. ATMA has the following sections:
-Analytical Reasoning Skills Part 1
-Analytical Reasoning Skills Part 2
-Quantitative Skills Part 1
-Quantitative Skills Part 2
-Verbal Skills Part 1
-Verbal Skills Part 2
9. IBST or ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test: IBSAT is an institute level entrance test. The exam is conducted by the ICFAI foundation for Higher Education. IBSAT test scores are used for admission to MBA and PhD programs at the nine ICFAI Business School campus in Pune, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. IBSAT is held for a period of 15 days and candidates can book their exam as per their convenience. The computer-based tests the applicant
10. MICAT: MICAT is the online entrance exam for MICA’s flagship two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C)
Candidates can apply with CAT, XAT and GMAT scores. Applicants will be called for MICAT entrance test to be held in December and s held for 125 minutes. Phase I exam assesses the candidates analysitcal skills, logical skills, verbal skills, divergent thinking, written communication skills and general awareness.
11. Maharashtra Common Aptitude Test: MAH-CET is a atate level management enrance exam conducted in Maharashtra by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Candidates neeed to attempt 200 Questions in 15 minutes.
The exam has two sections:
-Verbal ability and Reading Comprehension
-Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
12. Institute of Rural Management Anand IRMA Admission Test:
IRMA admission test is an institute-level entrance examination conducted for admission into PRM or Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management and Fellow Programme in Rural Management at Institute of Rural Management, Anand. Candidates have to study in Gujarat. The exam is held in January0. IRMA uses CAT scores for shortlisting candidates and they are then called to take a written test on “Issues of Social Concern”. Candidates need to answer 40 questions in 80 minutes.
13. KIITEE Management Test: KIITEE is a national level computer based MBA entrance test. Exam is conducted in January every year. The exams are conducted for admission into two programmed:
MBA in KIIT School management
MBA Rural Management
Candidates need to answer 150 questions in 150 minutes with four sections in the exam:
-Issue of Social concern
14. Odisha Joint Entrance Examination OJEE MBA:
OJEE is a state level MBA entrance test conducted by the government of Orissa. The test scores are used to seek admission into various MBA courses in Odisha and the exam is conducted in the month of April-May. OJEE is a written test and candidates need to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes and the exam has four sections that needs to be attempted in two hours:
-Computer and Business fundamentals
15. Karnataka Management Aptitude Test KMAT: KMAT is a state level entrance test to secure admission for MBA and B-Schools in the state of Karnataka. The exam is held thrice in the months of May, July and September. The KMAT is conducted by the KPPGCA or the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association and is used for admission b more than 150 management colleges across the state. Candidates need to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes and consists of the following sections:
16. Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test APICET:
APICET is a state-level MBA entrance examination conducted for admission into B-schools and MBA colleges in Andhra Pradesh. In 2016, the exam was conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. APICET is a paper based entrance test and consists of 200 questions for a time duration of 150 minutes.
The exam consists of three sections:
17. Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test:
TSICET is a state-level written MBA entrance test and is conducted for admission into various MBA courses in Telangana. It was first conducted in May 2015 after the formation of a new state. The TSICET consists of the following sections
– Mathematical Ability
18. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test:
TANCET is a state level written entrance examination conducted for admission to the MBA courses in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is conducted by Anna University. The exam consists of 100 questions and is held for a period of 2 hours. The exam consist of the following sections:
-Analysis of Business Situations
19. Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test TISSNET:
TISSNET is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences for all masters programmes at TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, IMHST, Chennai, MHAT Calicut and G-SET Ranchi.
20. HP University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT):
HPU MAT is a institute level Entrance Examination conducted to secure admission to Himachal Pradesh University Business School and HPU Regional Centre, Dharamshala. The Entrance tet consist of four sections:
-Arithmetic Comprehension and Data Interpretation
Stay tuned for more updates on List of MBA Exams in India.
Share your thoughts/queries here!