Last Minute Preparation Tips for CLAT 2018
Get Sure Shot Tips for CLAT last minute preparation to score well in the upcoming CLAT Examination – Find all the Last Minute Preparation Tips for CLAT 2018.
Last Minute Preparation Tips for CLAT 2018
Are you all set for your CLAT Examination 2018? CLAT is one of the most popular and widely taken law entrance exams for entry into law courses. As the examination is scheduled to be conducted in the month of May this term, Students need to have a strong willpower to get through an exam like the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). It is never really difficult to crack CLAT exam if you are well prepared. Going through the CLAT exam pattern and syllabus will give you a clear picture of what you need and what you don’t. You can also solve a maximum number of CLAT questions and answers to improve your level of confidence before the exam. Attempting a lot of CLAT Mock tests will give you a better idea of the exam pattern and syllabus. It will also give you the exposure required for CLAT 2018 exam.
Please make sure that you utilize this last few days judiciously. You should go for a smart revision strategy which will help you to make the best out of your efforts.
Let’s take a look at the examination paper pattern for CLAT 2018:
Examination Paper Pattern for CLAT 2018:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English including comprehension||40||40|
|General Knowledge and current affairs||50||50|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
Last Minute Preparation Tips for CLAT – Section wise tips for preparation
Let us now take a look at the tips and tricks to crack CLAT by looking at the section-wise preparation.
This section tests the candidate’s interest in the study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. Some of the questions may include legal propositions and a set of facts to which the given proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
Important reference books for this would be ‘Constitution of India’ and ‘Indian Penal Code’. You can also refer to other law related books for beginners. Refer to books on subjects like “Most commonly used legal terms” and “legal glossary”. It is also good to read law magazines and have a more legal perspective on issues or have a more legal opinion on issues that matter. Be well aware of important articles in the constitution, Indian Penal code, Legal Know How, and Legal DIY, RTI, etc.
- Read a lot, practice speed reading as this will help you save time.
- Understand the central idea of the passage in reading comprehension
- Understand the meaning of the words used in the passage.
- Reading comprehension can only be mastered when you practice a lot of questions.
- Grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences,
- Grammar also requires filling up of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- Cloze test has become a very important part of the section
- For static GK portion, go through a standard GK book.
- For current affairs, take a look at current affairs from the month of February to till date.
- Stay updated with all the latest information on science and technology, politics, economy and finance, sports, awards and honors, budget, etc.
- Go through National and International affairs
- Refer books like Manorama Year Book, Competition Success Review
An important thing to remember is that you are not writing an engineering entrance exam, its a law entrance exam. You need to be prepared in Class 10 level elementary mathematics. You are tested for mathematics only at the entrance exam. When you join law school, you will mostly be involved in developing your legal aptitude and language. Practice questions from sample papers and test papers which will help you get a good grip on accuracy. Practice formulae and shortcut tricks to solve questions at a faster rate.
The logical reasoning section tests the ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested. Go through previous year question papers which will help you get familiar with the questions and pattern asked and you will also get to know the difficulty level of the questions asked. Practice formulae and shortcut tricks to solve questions at a faster speed.
- Classification: Easiest to solve
- Numerical Operations: Numerical Operations are easy if you are well versed with the formula.
- Coding-Decoding: Coding-Decoding are very tricky questions and need time to solve
- Non- Verbal Reasoning: Pictorial Analogies, Symbol series, symbolic operations, numeric patterns, spatial relations, space visualizations, Spatial Reasoning, mirror image, and space image are examples of questions. Preparation will be of great help.
- Matrix and puzzles: The sections test your unusual and creative ways of solving problems. It is difficult and time-consuming. Preparation will be of great help.
- Arrange words in Logical Order: Most candidates get this right if you know ABCD alphabets quite well. This is a mere arrangement that can be built with good observation.
- Syllogism: Draw Venn Diagrams to avoid confusion. Read questions well to avoid mistakes as sometimes questions are tricky
- Verbal Analogies: A good Vocabulary will help you solve this section. Try to find the relationship between the two words in the right context.
- Analysis Judgment: It requires critical thinking and needs a lot of time to solve. Questions include blood relation, Direction, Height and Sequence. Only good practice can help you to solve this quickly.
CLAT last minute preparation tips – Tips and Tricks for quick preparation for CLAT
Now, it’s time to go through some amazing last minute Preparation Tips for CLAT-
- Do not learn new concepts at the last minute, this can be a big mistake
- Go through the topics which you have already studied. This will help you score great marks in the exam.
- Prepare a timetable and a study schedule as it will help you cover all your subjects properly.
- For Mathematics, brush up all the topics you have studied and practice formulae which will help you solve questions quickly. Topics like Percentage and Number System are important. So, make sure you practice them well.
- For English, revise questions from grammar and reading comprehension. You can master this section if you practice well.
- Current Affairs in CLAT is always dynamic because you cannot predict the questions asked in this section.
- Be confident about your preparation. You will be able to crack CLAT easily if you have the strength to pursue your dreams.
- Do not get nervous about mathematics as
Hope this article on Last Minute Preparation Tips for CLAT helps. All the best!
Was our post on Last Minute preparation Tips for CLAT 2018 helpful to you? Please do tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!