Last 15 days Preparation Tips for AFCAT – Get Tips and Tricks Here
How to Clear AFCAT in 15 Days – Check Last 15 days Preparation Tips for AFCAT and understand how to clear AFCAT in first attempt. Get to know more about how to prepare for AFCAT.
Last 15 days Preparation Tips for AFCAT
We hope that you must be preparing hard for the upcoming AFCAT Exam. It must be noted that if you have not taken it seriously, then it is the high time. Get into serious mode and start preparing for the AFCAT exam. The date for which is set by the Indian Air Force on 19th August 2018 and exactly 19 days are left for the exam which can rounded off to 15 days. A large no. of candidate is expected to appear for the exam this year too. It is expected that AFCAT Admit Card will be released soon. Check Last 15 days Preparation Tips for AFCAT to prepare in the best way.
AFCAT exam can be considered as a pathway through which candidates can apply for different branches of the Indian Air Force ( both Men and Women). Under IAF, these branches comprises of
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch and
- Ground Duty Branch
AFCAT Syllabus is comparatively not so hard like other competitive exams. With a little bit of hard work, effort and proper guidance, candidates can easily crack AFCAT Exam which has made the exam as one of the prime career choices in past few year. Check the section-wise syllabus for Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT 2018 for EKT/Flying/Technical/GD Branch as per the latest AFCAT Exam Pattern.
Tips and Tricks – Last 15 days Preparation Tips for AFCAT
There are total 100 questions in the written entrance paper and each question carries three marks. The questions are in multiple-choice format. The subjects covered include General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Verbal Ability in English, and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. The time allotted for completion of this paper is 2 hours. There is also negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
Preparation for the written test
- Knowing the syllabus well is the most important thing.
- Do not ignore any part of the syllabus as questions can come from any part of the syllabus.
- Start practicing from the last few years’ AFCAT question papers, as they will give you an idea of the exam pattern.
- Maintain the time limit while solving questions, as speed is the very foundation of the exam.
- Prepare notes on topics that seem difficult and revise them regularly.
- For General Awareness, it is important to follow current events and news in magazines and newspapers.
- Read more to increase your English verbal ability and vocabulary.
- In the exam hall, attempt the known questions first as this will boost your confidence. After completing all the known questions, try the unknown and tougher ones.
Interview and Screening Test
On clearing the written examination, the candidate has to appear in the next phase of interviews and aptitude tests. This is the most important part of the AFCAT exam.
- Attending AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) interview: There are various segments in the AFSB interview and the whole process takes about 6 days to complete. Various traits of candidates are checked to see if they are fit for the posts they have applied for.
- Screening test: There are two tests in this group – Rating test, which includes Picture Perception and Description Test (PPDT), and Officer’s Intelligence Test.
- Psychological tests: Various kinds of tests are carried out to check the amount of pressure a candidate can take successfully.
- Group tasks: Various kinds of tasks are assigned to different groups. This test spans for two days.
- Interview with the President of the Board or a senior member
- Conference – the final result
Preparation for the Various AFCAT Tests
- Be strong mentally. If you don’t lose your confidence throughout the process, you’re halfway there.
- Practice writing on anything that you see. This will help you in the screening and psychological test where you will need to write on a picture shown for just 30 seconds.
- Pay great attention to your body language in story narration and group tasks. This will also be helpful in the interview and conference part.
- Concentrate on overall personality development as it is the main key to success in the AFCAT exam.
Know the syllabus and the Pattern Well
Any exam can only be cleared if you are familiar with the AFCAT Exam Pattern and the syllabus of the exam. Understand each and every section and topic of the exam to ace it easily.
In AFCAT, applicants need to answer 100 questions in 120 mins which appear to be a bit tough task for many candidates. Some questions such as G.K or English may take few sec while quant and reasoning might test your intelligence. So be patient and try to solve the questions which you are confident enough.
Cutoff is the Aim
Always aim to clear the AFCAT cutoff as it is the main hurdle which is once cleared will open the gateway to the other stages. Check here complete cutoff details for AFCAT Stage I and stage II exams.
Mock Tests and Question Papers
One of the best ways to get a real-time experience of the exam is to take a number of AFCAT Mock Test and solve the previous years AFCAT papers. Use quality AFCAT preparation material
Follow a Proper Schedule
Prepare a proper schedule for the exam so that you can follow it on a daily basis.
Make it a habit of making notes of all the important topics and include it in your routine. In this way, you will not miss out on important topics.
We have mentioned all the eminent information of Last 15 days Preparation Tips for AFCAT. We are sure that you are working hard to clear the AFCAT Examination, and hence, we are confident that your efforts will be rewarded. Just keep going!
All the Best!
Join us now on YouTube, Facebook & Telegram to get notified with the latest exam videos, trending exam news, job alerts & much more! Click below to subscribe:
- YouTube Channel
- Telegram Group
- TopRankers Facebook Page
- SSC Facebook Group
- Banking Facebook Group
- CLAT Facebook Group
- CTET Facebook Group
Share your thoughts/queries here!