Inequality Questions and Answers for Bank Exams – Download PDF
- Inequality Questions & Answers PDF Download 2020
Begin your preparation for the upcoming IBPS PO Prelims Exam by studying each and every topic thoroughly. To help with your preparation we are providing Inequality Questions with Answers PDF for Bank Exams. Go through the post to know the importance of the Inequality section and how to prepare.
- As there is an ample amount of time for IBPS PO Exam 2020, candidates can plan their preparation and prepare accordingly.
- To help with the preparation, we have provided Inequality Reasoning Questions and Answers PDF prepared by a panel of experts.
- With the help of our Inequality Reasoning Questions and Answers PDF download, candidates can easily prepare for the exam.
- Candidates can download this PDF and enhance their preparation for Probationary Officer Exam conducted by IBPS. Go through the IBPS PO Preparation Tips by toppers to know how to crack the IBPS exam.
Inequality Questions & Answers PDF Download 2020
Coded Inequality Questions for bank PO PDf includes most of the expected questions and important questions. Know the advantages of reading these questions and answers that can help in cracking all bank exams.
- Reasoning Ability comprises major Questions on Inequality that are claimed to be one of the trickiest questions asked.
- In order to answer questions like this, you need to understand the trick well. Candidates can download our Inequality Reasoning Questions PDF and start their preparation accordingly.
- Be it a bank or government exams, questions on inequality are asked frequently and students find it tough to deal with those questions. How about preparing with Important Concept & Short Tricks on Inequality Questions in Reasoning PDF?
- The Inequality questions PDF will give you simple hacks on how to use shortcut tips and tricks to inequality Reasoning questions for IBPS PO.
- In this PDF, we give you 25 important questions of Inequality which can be expected in the IBPS PO exam this year.
Inequality Questions & Answers PDF Download
You can download the coded Inequalities Questions and answers PDF from below and start practicing the questions as much as possible as it will help you to score high in your upcoming competitive exams. In order to make the topic/chapter easy for you, we are providing you with all some Important Concepts & Short Tricks on Inequality in this PDF which will make it extremely easy for you to solve inequality Reasoning questions. When you go through Inequality questions for IBPS PO PDF, make sure that you are already aware of the basics associated with this topic.
Inequality is a topic asked in almost every competitive exam. In every competitive exam, at least 5-6 questions can be expected from this topic. If you are slightly comfortable with elementary mathematics, this topic is an easy task for you. Practice with IBPS PO mock test to get familiar with different question types.
Rules to Crack Inequality Questions 2020
Here are a set of rules to be followed to attempt Inequality Questions correctly. Ensure to follow these rules and answer the questions easily.
Rule – 1
The combination of two Inequalities for common terms
|Condition||Relation or Conclusion|
|A > B, B > C||Relation – A > B > C Conclusion A > C or C < A|
|A < B, B < C||Relation – A < B < C Conclusion – A < C or C > A|
|A ≥ B, B ≥ C||Relation – A ≥ B ≥ C Conclusion – A ≥ C or C ≤ A|
Rule – 2
The combination of the two elements is not possible if they are not common terms.
|Condition||Relation or Conclusion|
|A > B, C > B||Relation – Cannot define specific relation between A and C. Conclusion – Both A and C are greater than B.|
|B > A, D < B||Relation – Cannot define specific relation between A and D. Conclusion – Both A and D are less than B.|
|A ≥ B, B ≤ C||Relation – Cannot define specific relation between A and C. Conclusion – Both A and C are greater than or equal to B.|
Rule – 3
The third important rule is, if the common term is greater than or “greater than or equal to” one and less than or ‘less than or equal to’ the other, the combination between two inequality can be established. 1. Condition 1 – A ≥ B, C < B.
- Here in the given elements, we can easily establish the combination.
- Here B is the common term which is related to the other two terms.
- So, the possible relations are – A ≥ B > C or C < B ≤ A
Conclusion – A > C or C < A. 2. Condition 2 – A ≥ B, B < C Here C is the common term, but we can not make a combination between the other elements of the given relation. 3. Condition 3 – A ≥ B, C ≥ A
- Here A is the common term than the other two elements.
- A is greater than and equal to B and less than and equal to C.
- So, the establishment of elements is possible with these three elements.
The possible relations between these three elements are – C ≥ A ≥ B or B ≤ A ≤ C Conclusion – C > A or B < C 4. Condition 4 – A ≥ B, A ≥ C
- From this condition, we cannot establish the combination in between given elements as the common term A is greater than both the remaining elements.
Rule – 4
- The common elements in which no relationship is established, cannot be combined
- This condition occurs in Complementary Pair (Either & or) cases.
- Let’s understand it with a perfect example –
- The statement is – A ≥ B, B ≤ C
- A ≥ C
- A < C
- The relationship can not be established in between A and C as per the given statement.
- You can only say that either A is greater than or equal to C or you can say A is less than C.
- So, you can only choose either condition in both the conclusion.
Symbols and Meanings in Inequalities
|Symbol||What does it mean?||Example|
|>||Greater than||A > B → A is greater than B|
|<||Less than||A < B → A is less than B|
|≥||Greater than or equal to||A ≥ B → A is greater than or equal to B|
|≤||Less than or equal to||A ≤ B → A is greater than or equal to B|
|=||Equal to||A = B → A is equal to B|
Inequality Questions and Answers for IBPS PO PDF download- Important Points
1. A relationship can be easily established between two elements if they have similar signs. For e.g. A > B > C > D Here we can draw a conclusion – A > D, B > D, A > C or D < A, D < B or C < A, C < B
2. A relationship cannot be easily established between two elements if they don’t have similar signs. In these cases, you have to put extra care-seeking either-or cases type conclusions. For e.g. A > B < C > D Here relationship cannot be established between – A & C, A & D, B & D. Start going through the Inequality Questions PDF provided in this post and gear up preparation for bank exams.
Inequality Questions Based on Algebra
1. Solve the inequality 7x+5/3x-5<5.
- (1/3, 0)
- (-∞, 1/3)∪(5/4, ∞)
- (1/3, 5/4)
- (-∞, 1/3)∪(5/4, 7)
2. Solve the inequality 3x-8/x+7>8
- -64/5, -7
- -7, 0
- -7, 7
- None of these
3. Solve the inequality 1/x+3≤11
- (-∞ -3) ∪ [-32/11, ∞)
- (-3, -32/11)
- (-3, 8)
- (-15, 0)
4. Solve the inequality 2x-1/x+3 > -5
- (-∞, -3) ∪ (-2, 0)
- (-3, -2)
- (-∞, 5)
- (-∞, -3) ∪ (-2, ∞)
5. Solve |x + 7| < 11
- 0 < x < 4
- – 18 < x < 4
- x > 4
- -18 < x < 0
6. Solve |2x + 5| < 14
- 0 < x < 5
- -19/2 < x < 0
- -19/2 < x < 9/2
- 0 < x < 9/2
7. Solve |5x + 5| – 8 ≤ 17
- -5 ≤ x ≤ 5
- -5 ≤ x ≤ 4
- 0 ≤ x ≤ 4
- – 6 ≤ x ≤ 4
8. Solve the inequality (x+2)(x-7)/(x+3)2≥0
- (-∞, -3) ∪ (-3, -2) ∪ (7, ∞)
- (-∞, -3) ∪ (7, ∞)
- (-3, -2)
- (7, ∞)
9. Solve the inequality (x + 4)2 (x – 3) < 0
- (3, ∞)
- (-4, 3)
- (-∞, -4) ∪ (-4, 3)
- (-∞, 3)
10. Solve the inequality 1/(x+3) ≤ 1/(2x+3)
- (-3, 2) ∪ (2, ∞)
- (-5/2), 3)
- (-∞, -5/2) ∪ (3, 7)
- (-∞, -3) ∪ (-5/2, -2)
Share your thoughts/queries here!