Indian History Questions & Answers 2020 PDF Download
- Indian History Questions & Answers PDF Download
- Indian History Questions and Answers PDF for SSC Exams
- Indian History Questions and Answers PDF for Railway Exams
- Indian History Questions and Answers PDF for Bank Exams
- Important History Questions and Answers
- Modern History MCQs with Answers
- How to Prepare Indian History Questions
History is one of the important topics to be prepared for any competitive exams. It is observed that in any Government exam or other Competitive Exam, at least 3-4 questions are asked from Indian History. So, to help all candidates ease out their preparation for Competitive exams, we are providing Indian History Questions and Answers PDF here.
- Candidates who are appearing for various government exams like SSC Exams, Railways, or any Bank Exams need to prepare well for the general Awareness Section as it can fetch complete marks.
- The History Questions are asked in the General Awareness section. Though it is a less number of questions, with regular practice candidates can get full marks by answering correctly.
- In this post, we have compiled the top 100 History Questions and Answers in PDF format.
- If you are preparing for any exam under SSC, then download our SSC Study Material & Notes to enhance your preparation levels and score more.
Indian History Questions & Answers PDF Download
History, being an important topic in Social Subject, yet most of us unaware of our Indian History. So, begin your preparation for all competitive exams and Government exams now by knowing important concepts in the History section.
- Candidates can download the Indian History Objective Questions and Answers PDF here and start preparing for Competitive exams.
- Though there is less number of questions that appear from the History section, it is easy to fetch those marks with regular practice.
- Check out the PDF to know top questions from Indian History and prepare accordingly.
Indian History Questions and Answers PDF for SSC Exams
Check out some of the frequency asked History Questions in SSC Exams. Practice these questions and attempt SSC GK Quiz regularly to be well versed with any type of questions. Solving History Quiz Questions will help candidates know the type of questions asked in the exam.
1. Arrange the following in chronological order: 1. Tughlaqs; 2. Lodis; 3. Saiyids; 4. Ilbari Turks; 5. Khiljis – 4, 5, 1, 3, 2
2. Who was the founder of The Servants of India Society? – Bipin Chandra Pal
3. The monk who influenced Ashoka to embrace Buddhism was? – Upa Gupta
4. The Lodi dynasty was founded by? – Bahlol Lodi
5. The call of “Back to the Vedas” was given by? – Swami Dayanand Saraswati
6. The Editor of ‘Young India’ and ‘Harijan’ was – Mahatma Gandhi
7. Who was the teacher of Gautama Buddha? – Alara Kalama
8. Who was the other Congress leader who joined with Motilal Nehru to start the Swaraj Party in 1923? – Chittaranjan Das
9. Rowlatt Act 1919 was enacted during the period of? – Lord Chelmford
10. The first Indian Satellite Aryabhatta was launched in? – 1975
Indian History Questions and Answers PDF for Railway Exams
Here are few Indian Hostiry Questions Asked in Railway Exams. Along with these sample questions, candidates can take up Railway GK Quiz to come across various questions on Indian History in Hindi language and English.
1. Who was the founder of the Gupta Dynasty? – Chandragupta I
2. Who raised the Slogan ” Swaraj ” is my Birth Right and I shall have it? – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
3. The foundation of the Mughal empire is laid by which of the following rulers after defeating Ibrahim Lodhi Dynasty? – Babur
4. The founder of Asaf Jah Dynasty, Mir Qamaruddin Khan Belongs to which region?- Hyderabad
5. When was the third Anglo-Mysore war fought? – 1790-92
6. Who was the last king of the Lodhi dynasty? – Ibrahim Lodhi
7. What is the name of the first British to visit India?- Hawkins
8. The Mughal emperor who introduced the military strategy “Tulughama”? – Babar
9. In which period “ Arthshastra” was written? – Maurya
10. Kabir was a disciple of which among the following saints? – Ramananda
Indian History Questions and Answers PDF for Bank Exams
In Bank Exams also, we can observe at least 2-3 History Questions. Attempt Bank GK Quiz to know which type of questions can be asked in these sections and what is the difficulty level of the paper. So, while preparation, ensure to make Ancient History Notes and it will be helpful during revision. Here are a few History Questions and Answers listed out. Check them out and prepare accordingly.
1. Who was the first foreigner who invaded India? – Derious
2. What was the capital of Aang Mahajanpada? – Champa
3. Who was the founder of Haryark Dynasty? – Bimbsar
4. What was the name of Goutam Buddha’s mother? – Mahamaya
5. What was the symbol of first Teerthankar Rishabhdeva? – Bull
6. Where did Mahaveer Swami attain knowledge? – Jumbhikagram
7. Who established Pattilputra? – Udiyan
8. Which Mourya Ruler is also known as “Amitraghat”? – Bindusar
9. “Double burials” are found from which site of Indus Valley civilization? – Lothal
10. Kalibanga is situated in which of these states? – Haryana
Important History Questions and Answers
Here is the list of few Previous Year Indian fHistory Questions from various Government Exam Papers. Take a look at these and know their answers. Along with these questions, practise history quiz questions and answers regularly.
1. Harihara Raya I who ruled the Vijaynagara Empire for the period 1336-1356 belonged to which dynasty? – Sangama Dynasty
2. The most important source of our information on ancient India’s cultural history are – literature and epics
3. Which country is called the constitution Research Society? – Greece
4. When did Alexander great visited India? – 326 BC
5. Who were the architects of Indus Valley Civilization? – Dravidians
6. The staple food of Indus Valley people was – Wheat and Barley
7. The modern name for Pataliputra – Patna
8. Which battle in India gave superior status to the Britishers? – Battle of Buxar
9. Who was defeated by Ghori Mohammed to conquer Delhi? – Prithviraj
10. Who was known as the ‘Whip of the God’? – Chengizkhan
These are just sample questions on the History section. Go through the PDF to know important History questions and answers from various Competitive exams and Government exams. Start your preparations well in advance and prepare for Indian history in Hindi pdf for UPSC Exams. Also, solve the Indian History Quiz regularly to be well versed with all types of questions.
Modern History MCQs with Answers
To help candidates with modern history, we have provided a list of History MCQ’s asked in the previous year exams. Enhance your preparation levels by knowing the type of questions asked from modern history.
Q) The Battle of Plassey was fought in
A) 1757 B) 1782 C) 1748 D) 1764
Q) The territory of Porus who offered strong resistance to Alexander was situated between the rivers of
A) Sutlej and Beas B) Jhelum and Chenab C) Ravi and Chenab D) Ganga and Yamuna
Q) Tripitakas are sacred books of
A) Buddhists B) Hindus C) Jains D) None of the above
Q) The trident-shaped symbol of Buddhism does not represent
A) Nirvana B) Sangha C) Buddha D) Dhamma
Q) To conquer and annex Peshawar and Punjab, Mahmud of Ghazni defeated
A) Ghurids B) Arabs C) Karkotakas D) Hindushahis
Q) The victories of Karikala are well portrayed in
A) Palamoli B) Aruvanad C) Pattinappalai D) Padirrupattu
How to Prepare Indian History Questions
As per the experts, preparing Indian History demands time and concentration. The strategy tips mentioned below will help the candidate to better understand how to prepare this section.
- Candidates must have a fair idea of all the wars happened in the past, the dates and places where the wars took place, between who and who the wars happened and the reasons behind them, and what were the consequences of these wars.
- Aspirants must be aware of the cultural status of South India, the popular and important rituals of different states, popular temples in the south, etc.
- You must read about important and popular forts and monuments like Red Fort, Taj Mahal and memorize the important details of these buildings like where were they built, who built them, why were they built, the significance of the specific building, etc., to excel your knowledge of Indian History Questions.
- Candidates should go through all the famous Ancient Revolts, memorize their dates, places and between who they took place and the consequences of those revolts.
- Make a list of (only) famous newspapers in India and foreign and note down their owners’ names and read them every day.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of famous acts the reforms of Montague-Chelmsford Thuggary, Simon, RTC, Communal Award, etc.
Share your thoughts/queries here!