Indian Geography Questions and Answers PDF for Competitive Exams
- Indian Geography Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
In any Competitive Exams, we can see at least 2-3 Geography questions present in General Awareness section. It is very important for candidates to be aware of our Indian Geography questions and answers. In this post, we have compiled Indian Geography questions along with their answers.
- Candidates appearing or preparing for any competitive exams or government exams like RRB, SSC, Bank Exams, and many others need to be aware of Geography questions.
- We have collated many previous year geography questions and answers for candidates to prepare well in this section.
- Candidates can view or download the Geography Questions PDF from this post and prepare well for exams.
- Download SSC CGL Study Notes available for various topics which will help to score more in the CGL Exams.
Indian Geography Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
Geography is one of the popular topics in Social subject, but, most of us are not aware of it. Hence, make a habit to go through daily current affairs which helps you to stay updated on Geography topics.
- Candidates can download the Geography Questions PDF here and start preparing for Competitive exams.
- Though there is less number of questions that appear from the Geography section, it is easy to fetch those marks with regular practice.
- To ease your preparation, we have complied all Indian Geography UPSC Questions from previous year papers in this post.
- Check out the PDF to know top questions from Indian Geography quiz questions and answers and prepare accordingly.
Important Geography Questions and Answers
Here is the list of previous year Geography objective Questions from various Government Exams and Competitive Exams. Take a look at these questions and know their answers.
1. The river which forms the waterfalls Sivasamudram is – Cauvery
2. The state which stands first in per capita income is – Punjab
3. Silver is found in – Karnataka
4. Aluminium is abundantly found in – Kerala
5. The region around the South Pole is known as – Antartica
6. Delhi is on the banks of – Yamuna
7. Which Planet is a dwarf planet – Pluto
8. The percentage of irrigated land in India is about – 35
9. The pass located at the southern end of the Nilgiri Hills in south India is called – The Palghat Gap
10. The Yarlung Zangbo River, in India, is known as – Brahmaputra
These are just sample questions on Geography section. Go through the PDF to know important Geography questions and answers from various Competitive exams and Government exams.
Important Geography Questions and Answers for SSC CGL
Go through some of the frequency asked Geography Questions in SSC Exams. Practice these questions and attempt SSC GK Quiz regularly to be well versed with a different type of questions asked in the SSC Exam under General Awareness section.
Q) Which of the following geographical term related to the piece of sub-continental land that is surrounded by water?
Q) Which of the following geographical term related to a body of land surrounded by water on three sides?
Q) Which of the following is the largest Archipelago in the world?
Q) Which of the following is the world’s largest peninsula?
Q) Which of the following passes cuts through the Pir Panjal range and links Manali and Leh by road?
Ans: Rohtas Pass
Q) Which of the following imaginary line almost divides India into two equal parts?
Ans: Tropic of Cancer
Q) Which of the following region supports the Karewa formation?
Ans: Kashmir Himalayas
Q) Where is the Loktak Lake situated?
Q) Which of the following river is called as the Sorrow of Bengal?
Ans: The Kosi
Q) Which of the following river has the largest river basin in India?
Ans: The Ganga
Important Questions and Answers for Bank Exams
In Bank Exams also, we can observe at least 3-4 Geography Questions. Attempt Bank GK Quiz to know which type of geography questions can be asked in these sections and what is the difficulty level of the paper.
Q) Which of the following rivers flows in a rift valley?
Ans: The Narmada
Q) Which one of the following describes the drainage patterns resembling the branches of a tree?
Q) In which of the following states is the Wular Lake located?
Ans: Jammu and Kashmir
Q) Which one of the following lakes is a saltwater lake?
Q) Which one of the following is the longest river in Peninsular India?
Q) A landmass bounded by the sea on three sides is referred to as
Q) The Western Coastal strip, south of Goa is referred to as
Q) The highest peak in the Eastern Ghats is
Q) What fraction of Rajasthan’s total area is covered by the Thar Desert?
Ans: Around 60%
Q) Bharachukki Falls are in which state of India?
Important Geography Questions and Answers for Railway Exams
Here are few geography GK Questions Asked in Railway Exams. Candidates are advised to take up Railway GK Quiz to come across various questions on Indian Geography Questions and answers in Hindi language and English. Check the Indian Geography Objective Questions from below and better prepare for the exam.
Q) Which of the following river originates as well as ends in the territory of India?
Q) Which of the following river is known as Dakshina Ganga?
Q) Aizawl is situated on which of the following riverbank?
Ans: Tlawng river
Q) Which of the following is the most abundant dissolved ion in the Ocean?
Q) Which is the longest river in India?
Q) On which of the following river Ajmer is situated?
Q) The southernmost point of peninsular India, that is, Kanyakumari is
Ans: North of the equator
Q) The percentage of earth surface covered by India is
Q) The present forest area of India, according to satellite data, is
Q) The Radcliffe line is a boundary between
Ans: India & Pakistan
How to Prepare for Indian Geography Questions
The Geography section is not a very difficult or tricky one. Following the tips provided by experts would definitely help candidates to better prepare for the exam.
- Aspirants must focus mainly and deeply on Indian Geography and only some important aspects of world geography.
- Acquire basic knowledge of our solar system, sun, moon, stars, and the basic knowledge of the universe up to the 10th standard level.
- Candidates must understand the 5 main layers of the atmosphere, the concepts of each layer in-depth, and understand the differences among these 5 layers and the sequences.
- Also, read the types and distribution of forests and questions in relation to literacy(lowest to highest), sex-ratio.
- Just go through the important rivers, lakes, and waterfalls and see where did they begin, their location the states they cover, where they end, through what areas they flow & their attributes.
- Go through the basic cultures of different states and look out for some very popular cultural events/festivals/food/dances/fairs.
Share your thoughts/queries here!